Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-18-2010, 11:50 PM   #15
Berean

Drives: Truck
My advice: Pay more attention in English class.
Berean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 11:55 PM   #16
2SSARMY
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS/RS
At 20 I can say that I street race a lot and I do speed. But then again why buy a 400horsepower car and just go the speed limit.
2SSARMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 11:59 PM   #17
youngoliver

Drives: 2SS/RS SIM -- Lifted 99' GMC
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSARMY View Post
At 20 I can say that I street race a lot and I do speed. But then again why buy a 400horsepower car and just go the speed limit.
for the safety of others.........maby idk jus saying
Old 07-19-2010, 12:04 AM   #18
2SSARMY
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngoliver View Post
See. Young people are reckless.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:07 AM   #19
youngoliver

Drives: 2SS/RS SIM -- Lifted 99' GMC
Quote:
u askd y go the speed limit i gave u the answer... ur the only wreckless kid i know with a camaro so kudos
Old 07-19-2010, 12:08 AM   #20
ComayroLouver
{Enter Funny User Title}

Drives: Fathers '85 CJ-7 until i get my LS
Send a message via AIM to ComayroLouver
Quote:
Lol that would be nice

@berean- im on my phone.... tiny keyboard...and its summer xD

@ketelone- ok, thanks? And i dont even have a facebook. I dont really want one, since i can ya know.... pick up the phone and actually call some1.... xD i like it better haha. No offense. And idk y i put that as my sigline, i was just in an eminem mood when i made my account i guess? W/e ill change it. Thanks.

Oh and every1 i dont want to argue just show our point of view. Sorry for another young driver thread. New to forum so i didnt kno....
ComayroLouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:43 AM   #21
2SSARMY
Account Suspended

Quote:
u askd y go the speed limit i gave u the answer... ur the only wreckless kid i know with a camaro so kudos
yeah i go 100mph through school zones when kids are walking. it makes me feel cool.
Old 07-19-2010, 01:19 AM   #22
Jeanius

Drives: Blk/Blk 2018 Sierra SLT
Quote:
yeah i go 100mph through school zones when kids are walking. it makes me feel cool.

TRADED: 2016 2SS M6
Jeanius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:49 AM   #23
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComayroLouver View Post
Oh and every1 i dont want to argue just show our point of view. Sorry for another young driver thread. New to forum so i didnt kno....
That's why you're suppose to come to a new forum, read through the current threads, and browse the older ones to get an idea of what's being brought up and what's already been covered MANY times.

If you're looking for advice, don't start a thread until you've searched for previous threads on the same subject. The search function works pretty well, although many don't seem to know about it.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:57 AM   #24
Mr CLuTcH
Always On Kill!

Drives: S.I.M. SS
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngoliver

Dude you are hilarious! Your right though.

400 horses at my disposal? Of course I street race! I do it because I'm a murderer! And a total redneck! Who else would drive a Camaro?

Although I may street race from time to time, I always do it at night, never during day light cause it's too much traffic and children crossing the freeway. At night the roads are nearly empty and it's easy for me to find another idiot like myself willing to participate.
*K&N typhoon CAI
*Aggressive cam.
*Tune
**Result**: 465rwhp/ 447rwtq. Satisfied.
Mr CLuTcH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:59 AM   #25
Wilburbeest
Think With Your Dipstick!

Drives: 1997 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SSRS View Post
I had a V8 Camaro for my first car when I was 16 and I don't see anything wrong with young Camaro owners, I never crashed mine and the car had lots of power, I am all for you young Camaro enthusiasts, good luck to you.
I totally agree. I'm not old enough to be "one of the older guys" yet, but I have at least been out of hs a while now and I can say the same. You can kill yourself or others behind the wheel of a 1.6 civic every bit as easy as you can in a Camaro. I won't act like a fast car doesn't make idiocy even more tempting but my point is idiots will be idiots. In fact for those who have to work for their vehicles or are at least mature enough to respect them, maybe having a car they're proud of will make them more careful.

1997 Camaro Z28 (LT1/T56): K&N CAI | Kooks 1 3/4" LTs | 3" Custom Duals | UMI LCAs w/ relocation brackets | UMI adj. panhard bar | UMI adj. torque arm | Koni SA shocks | Strano Springs | Ram Powergrip clutch | Pro 5.0 shifter | skip shift eliminator kit | WS6 Store rotors | Hawk HPS pads
Wilburbeest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 06:05 AM   #26
HDDAN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 2007 HD FLSTC
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComayroLouver View Post
I was going to post this in another forum about the accident but i decided not to hijack it since this is only partly on-topic, and more about thecomment of an admin. So i just copied and pasted it.

Remember i dont mean any rudeness, ignorance, or hate. Just listen to our side....

+100 thank you. I mean NO OFFENSE AT ALL, but alot of the people on here are sorta.... dream busters if you catch my drift. Young kids thank you for your advice, and most of us with a brain heed it. But it still depresses me when people are like "your young, so you must be wreckless and risky" about a 16-19 year old having a camaro/mustang etc. While A TON of us are, not all of us are. I mean, 90% of my fellow schoolmates would wreck the crap out of a camaro, but im a 10% (while i dont own 1 yet, im just using this in contex). You have to realize some of us are responsible and careful about our vehicles and possesions.

We realize, that if we were risky and daring, you could be saving our lives. Those who fit that description will heed it. Others are ignorant, and more are responsible enough to take on the responsibility of a legendary muscle car.

So what i want you to take from this, PLEASE:

Dont bash a kids dream. Warn him of the danger, educate him, and help him along the way, no matter if its a camaro ss or a freakin used impala. By saying "ur gana shooot ur eye out kid" it only makes us want to prove you wrong :P educating us is the ONLY way to help us, not bashing......

Thank you all. Please no flaming k? This is more informative than anything else
Here is the education. Years driving equals driving expirience. Driving expirience equals survivability. This weekennd in Charlestown, which is part of Boston, three youthful streetracers on sport bikes crashed. One is DEAD, the other two are hospitalized. I was young once and when I was young there were cars like 409 Impalas and 427 Galaxies and 396 Chevelles and Camaros. Thankfully, in retrospect, I could not afford them nor could mommy and daddy buy them for me. (I worked for and bought every car that I have ever owned.) My more economically fortunate friends that could, got them crashed them and one friend with a 406 CI 405 HP tri-carbed Ford Galaxie even manged to kill an innocent woman driver. Another crashed while drag racing on the street and died the night before his wedding. So sad. Me on the other hand, started with the older, less powerful cars. These are what I actually learned to drive with. This slowed the speed of any mishaps and allowed me to live long enough to fulfill some of my own dreams. What do you mean by "street race"? Do you mean that a couple of you go to BFE and dragrace a 1/4 mile from a red light in an unpopulated area? Or do you mean that if I pass you on the highway in my SS you will take it as a challenge and we will have a pissing contest to see who backs off first? Around here our local drag strip is New England Dragway in Epping New Hampshire. They have street nights on Wednesday and Friday nights, why not get your friends together and go to the strip? The Chrondecks do not lie about who is quicker and the life that you save may be mine. You do not start driving with some kind of innate ability, it is a learned skill so please remember that.
HDDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:46 PM   #27
timcat4843

Drives: 2008 Corvette Coupe
Racing belongs on a track not the street.
timcat4843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:06 PM   #28
raqball

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
To be fair, you say that now, but when you have 400 horses at your disposal, a cute girl and/or a friend in the car, you're going to want to show off. This is where being young usually is a curse. The old have nothing to prove to their ... wife? The young always want to prove themselves.
This kid just doesn't get it... Read his responses in other threads... I seriously wonder if he even has a Camaro or any of the other cars he *claims* to own....

LOL
raqball is offline   Reply With Quote