Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-05-2021, 06:49 AM   #1
silverscreamo

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro V6 with RS package
Installing ACS Composite Splash guards on RS

Hi all,

Figured I would ask here. I know a few other users have purchased the ACS Composite guards. I tried getting these installed over the weekend at a shop since I've got no place the remove the wheels myself.

However, the shop told me there is nowhere to actually mount the splash guards. They fit fine, but they're having trouble figuring out where to mount them since it appears the screws would just go into the wheel well lining. Is that normal or are they doing things incorrectly?

Thanks in advance!
silverscreamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 08:05 AM   #2
CamaroSS18
Camaro2SS18

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverscreamo View Post
Hi all,

Figured I would ask here. I know a few other users have purchased the ACS Composite guards. I tried getting these installed over the weekend at a shop since I've got no place the remove the wheels myself.

However, the shop told me there is nowhere to actually mount the splash guards. They fit fine, but they're having trouble figuring out where to mount them since it appears the screws would just go into the wheel well lining. Is that normal or are they doing things incorrectly?

Thanks in advance!
Yes, that sounds correct. There should have been black rivets that came with them. Those are what you would use to install the fronts. They rivet right into the wheel well liner and also there should be two sided tape on them as well that would go against the fender. Some advice I received from ACS as well, was that after drilling into the liner where you put your holes, it will sometimes push the liner in a little with the drill, just make sure that the liner is pulled back flush when inserting the rivets, so that it will mushroom correctly behind the liner. Hope all this makes sense and hope all works out well. They are really nice rock guards.
CamaroSS18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 08:56 AM   #3
silverscreamo

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro V6 with RS package
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSS18 View Post
Yes, that sounds correct. There should have been black rivets that came with them. Those are what you would use to install the fronts. They rivet right into the wheel well liner and also there should be two sided tape on them as well that would go against the fender. Some advice I received from ACS as well, was that after drilling into the liner where you put your holes, it will sometimes push the liner in a little with the drill, just make sure that the liner is pulled back flush when inserting the rivets, so that it will mushroom correctly behind the liner. Hope all this makes sense and hope all works out well. They are really nice rock guards.
That's actually what I figured, so thanks for confirming. Issues like this make me wish I was back at my parents' place where I could just jack up the car and do things myself lol.
silverscreamo is offline   Reply With Quote