Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-11-2019, 01:11 PM   #1
jfearh

Drives: 2018 Camaro LS / 2018 Equinox LS
Buy or not?

Hello Folks,

Apologize for the new thread. A while back, I made a thread regarding whether or not i should lease a Camaro 1SS. I decided to make a new thread since i am now steering in a slightly different direction. Decided to go against getting an SS due to cost, insurance and other factors. Now i am in a market for 2.0T. (LS Model, 6 Speed) With my GM employee discount and other incentives, i am getting 0% APR on 2018 Camaro 2.0T (20 miles on the car). Out the door price is 22k flat (without negotiation). I know there is always a better deal out there but how is this one? I am thinking of negotiating it down to 20k out the door. Please note that even if I have cash, I prefer to pay monthly so i dont drain the cash at once. Please advise if this is a decent enough deal?
jfearh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 01:14 PM   #2
yankee

Drives: 2018 Camaro LT RS, 2015 Mazda 3
Seems fine, go for it! Is it 2018? Because 0% on "older" car is pretty nice. I got my LT for 30k with some options, but I live in Canada, so it's more expensive. Best deal for me and it was even with 4.49.
yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 01:16 PM   #3
RyanR623

Drives: SS A8, NPP, Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfearh View Post
Hello Folks,

Apologize for the new thread. A while back, I made a thread regarding whether or not i should lease a Camaro 1SS. I decided to make a new thread since i am now steering in a slightly different direction. Decided to go against getting an SS due to cost, insurance and other factors. Now i am in a market for 2.0T. (LS Model, 6 Speed) With my GM employee discount and other incentives, i am getting 0% APR on 2018 Camaro 2.0T (20 miles on the car). Out the door price is 22k flat (without negotiation). I know there is always a better deal out there but how is this one? I am thinking of negotiating it down to 20k out the door. Please note that even if I have cash, I prefer to pay monthly so i dont drain the cash at once. Please advise if this is a decent enough deal?
At 22,000 dollars that is by far the most bang for you buck car of all time. That's with tax, doc fees and everything?
RyanR623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 01:17 PM   #4
jfearh

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Seems fine, go for it! Is it 2018? Because 0% on "older" car is pretty nice. I got my LT for 30k with some options, but I live in Canada, so it's more expensive. Best deal for me and it was even with 4.49.
yes its a 2018 thats why they are offering 0%. Although it could be other way around and 2019 should be with 0% since i read that people are not liking the re-design.
Old 04-11-2019, 01:18 PM   #5
yankee

Quote:
yes its a 2018 thats why they are offering 0%. Although it could be other way around and 2019 should be with 0% since i read that people are not liking the re-design.
Awesome! Yes, 2019... not too many fans around, including me. But yes, 2018 with 20K and 0% is damn good! I would go for it!
Old 04-11-2019, 01:19 PM   #6
jfearh

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanR623 View Post
At 22,000 dollars that is by far the most bang for you buck car of all time. That's with tax, doc fees and everything?
Yep everything included making my payment $305 monthly / 72 months. I actually work for GM so i get a bit better rebate/discount but sometimes, Chevy rebates do not go along with GM employee discount and its one or the other thats why i made this thread. It seems like this month my employee discount could be better than Chevy rebates.
Old 04-11-2019, 01:34 PM   #7
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Sounds like a good deal to me too! That 2.0 with a 6 speed would be fun to drive. I say go for it!!
Old 04-11-2019, 01:34 PM   #8
yankee

Quote:
Yep everything included making my payment $305 monthly / 72 months. I actually work for GM so i get a bit better rebate/discount but sometimes, Chevy rebates do not go along with GM employee discount and its one or the other thats why i made this thread. It seems like this month my employee discount could be better than Chevy rebates.
There are 3 reasons for why it's a good deal:
- it's a 2018, not too many left
- the monthly amount is nothing compared to an SS or a lease on something else
- no interest and cheap insurance

And the most important, you will enjoy those monthly $380 every day
Old 04-11-2019, 05:23 PM   #9
protovack

Drives: 2019 2LT 2.0T M6 Riverside Blue
22 sounds about right. I got my 19 2LT turbo for 24k. You might be able to haggle them down another thousand or so. But in most places I looked, the 2019s were discounted nearly as much as the old 18s. Remember that if you get a '19, you get LED headlamps and the updated infotainment system. I actually was looking for an '18 2.0T but when I saw the 19 in person I fell in love with the look.

Welcome to the 2.0 club. It's definitely an awesome car especially with the M6. It's definitely the most under-rated camaro. I've said this before but don't discount those stock 18" rims. They are super light compared to the 20's and really cheap to replace if you bang one up. I happen to think they have the most "old school muscle car" look of any of the wheel options. The RS wheels look pretty, but the extra weight slows the car down significantly. The stock eagle sport tires are awesome all seasons for daily use and have plenty of grip for spirited driving, though not as much as the F1s.

If the 2018 is calling out to you, and its your preferred color, I say go for it and don't look back. If its not your preferred color and/or you are swooned by the 0% offer but its not the exact car you want, I say keep looking and consider a '19 if you haven't yet.
protovack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 06:56 PM   #10
jfearh

Quote:
Originally Posted by protovack View Post
22 sounds about right. I got my 19 2LT turbo for 24k. You might be able to haggle them down another thousand or so. But in most places I looked, the 2019s were discounted nearly as much as the old 18s. Remember that if you get a '19, you get LED headlamps and the updated infotainment system. I actually was looking for an '18 2.0T but when I saw the 19 in person I fell in love with the look.

Welcome to the 2.0 club. It's definitely an awesome car especially with the M6. It's definitely the most under-rated camaro. I've said this before but don't discount those stock 18" rims. They are super light compared to the 20's and really cheap to replace if you bang one up. I happen to think they have the most "old school muscle car" look of any of the wheel options. The RS wheels look pretty, but the extra weight slows the car down significantly. The stock eagle sport tires are awesome all seasons for daily use and have plenty of grip for spirited driving, though not as much as the F1s.

If the 2018 is calling out to you, and its your preferred color, I say go for it and don't look back. If its not your preferred color and/or you are swooned by the 0% offer but its not the exact car you want, I say keep looking and consider a '19 if you haven't yet.
24k out the door?
Old 04-11-2019, 07:49 PM   #11
18LTLoveIt

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue LT RS
Try to get a V6, longer reliability, cheaper gas.
18LTLoveIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 12:36 AM   #12
protovack

Drives: 2019 2LT 2.0T M6 Riverside Blue
24, plus the dealer fees made it about 25, which is about 4k off MSRP. I got a good deal on my 2LT but it also has no options, which was my preference anyway. The only significant thing you lose on the LS is power passenger seat and USB/aux jacks. I looked at LS models and would've bought one, but there was a 2LT at the right price so I went for it. IF you can get the LS for 20k out the door, that is a pretty good price. It's hard to find V6 cars in that price range, if not impossible. In my experience if you want a V6 you are going to pay at least 25k or more (because all V6 cars are at least a 1LT). Many will be in the 28-30k range due to RS package or other options. The true bargains are the LS 2.0 turbos. 20k should be doable.

Do you have an autotrader link to the car you are looking at?

Last edited by protovack; 04-12-2019 at 01:11 AM.
protovack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 02:34 AM   #13
Luis19SS

Drives: 2019 SS A10
I got my 19 SS for 34 OTD With trade in. Dealer lost money on it becuase they gave me the mustang incentive although I didnt qualify 2 days later after I signed they called me telling me I need to get a mustang title or they were going to charge me 2000 for it. It's been 3 weeks and they are still pushing me to get a mustang title 3 weeks later
Attached Images

Black 2019 SS A10, MBRP Exhuast, Soler performance Ported Throttlebody, Cold Air Inductions CAI, BMR equipped, Stance SFO7 on nitto NT555G2 tires, Limited Edition White Racing Seats, ZL1 1LE Splitter, Carbon Sideskirts, Gorilla Splitters areo kit, Next Gen Speed Diffuser, JWmotorsports LED side markers

Luis19SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 09:14 AM   #14
jfearh

Quote:
Originally Posted by protovack View Post
24, plus the dealer fees made it about 25, which is about 4k off MSRP. I got a good deal on my 2LT but it also has no options, which was my preference anyway. The only significant thing you lose on the LS is power passenger seat and USB/aux jacks. I looked at LS models and would've bought one, but there was a 2LT at the right price so I went for it. IF you can get the LS for 20k out the door, that is a pretty good price. It's hard to find V6 cars in that price range, if not impossible. In my experience if you want a V6 you are going to pay at least 25k or more (because all V6 cars are at least a 1LT). Many will be in the 28-30k range due to RS package or other options. The true bargains are the LS 2.0 turbos. 20k should be doable.

Do you have an autotrader link to the car you are looking at?
https://www.jimellischevrolet.net/Ve...-GA/3343146673