Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Members Classifieds > Autos For Sale / Wanted

AWE Tuning

Old 04-21-2019, 06:36 PM   #15
Traumamoma

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE Summit White
I have a 2017 Summit White 1LE near Syracuse NY. 3K miles. No track/pets/rain/snow. Mods include CAI, ported throttle body and intake manifold, Kooks 1 7/8 long tube headers with high flow cats, Hurst short shift, Eibach Pro Kit lowering springs and tuned on the dyno.Washed after each use. Buying a speedboat and rarely drive the car. 30K. Let me know. Good luck, Peter
Traumamoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 07:37 PM   #16
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
i dont think he's still in the market.
Old 04-22-2019, 08:35 AM   #17
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
i dont think he's still in the market.

Confirmed...he bought my car. Great buyer too - can't say enough good things about him and his dad who I had the pleasure of meeting.

Just a heads up to anyone selling, be careful of scammers. Ask for a copy of their driver's license and insurance card and do all transactions in person, inside a bank. Scammers watch these threads and will PM you if you're looking to sell.
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

93 octane: 712rwhp, 654rwtq / E85 (E66 mix): 734rwhp, 674rwtq (SuperFlow Dyno)
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 05:23 PM   #18
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Pardon, but what are the scammers trying to accomplish?
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 05:29 PM   #19
bpang1234
You can only YOLO once.

Drives: '16 2SS & '15 Subaru Forester
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
Pardon, but what are the scammers trying to accomplish?
Stick you up to rob your car.

Give you a check that doesn't cash and take your car before you find out.

Etc.

Always do these transactions at your bank and insist that they give you cash or a cashier's check with your bank checking it for authenticity. Anyways, you need a notary public in most states to sign over the title from one person to another.
-1st Car to have the "full" SEMA High Performance Graphics kit from 6LEDesigns.
-1st Car to have the 6LEDesigns Blade Spoiler.
-Borla S-Type w/ custom H-Pipe
-Procharger P-1X Stage 2
bpang1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 05:47 PM   #20
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Whoa, Duly noted! Thanks.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 06:29 PM   #21
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpang1234 View Post
Stick you up to rob your car.

Give you a check that doesn't cash and take your car before you find out.

Etc.

Always do these transactions at your bank and insist that they give you cash or a cashier's check with your bank checking it for authenticity. Anyways, you need a notary public in most states to sign over the title from one person to another.
Actually let me elaborate to hopefully save you all some hardship and grief.

Checks of any kind are not safe anymore unless you make the buyer wait 10 business days for them to clear - and that’s a cashiers check. I verified the timing at my bank. By clear I mean not just funds being made available but also the check being validated to not be counterfeit. Even if the funds show up in your account, the banks will get their money back if they discover the check to be fake.

Wire transfers are also not safe unless they are done in person, inside a bank. Many banks, like Bank of America, allow for wire transfers to be executed by a user from their computer. The person will then likely tell you they want a separate bill of sale, so they can save $ on taxes when they go to register the car. If you do that, you’re screwed. The buyer will claim someone else gained access to their account and that it’s fraudulent. They’ll have the car and the bank will get their money back (or ruin your life trying to get it) and you’ll have nothing while they investigate. If you made a separate bill of sale, you’ve then committed fraud yourself making it worse. Banks have entire departments dedicated to wire fraud so don’t think for a minute that it doesn’t happen and insist the person walks into a bank so they’re on camera by putting it in the sales agreement.

The notary is great suggestion. Have the deal close in your bank’s office and they usually can notarize the sales agreement and verify the cash is also real. An honest buyer will want the added protection as well. I insist on a copy of a valid driver’s license with the license # redacted and valid insurance card.

Lastly, the car is legally still in your name until the next owner registers it. So if they buy it without ever registering it legally, and commit some type of offense like leaving it illegally parked - the police will come looking for you. Make a copy of all of the paperwork or list in your sales agreement that you want two executed original of each document for each party. That way you can prove the car was sold. At a minimum take a picture with your phone. In transit registrations expire and fall off the books, so you’ll want something to fall back on if you really want to protect yourself. Believe it or not the same things can happen (and do) when you trade a car into a dealer according to my DMV.

Also, I would strongly consider adding indemnity and liability limitation sections if you’re selling a modded high horsepower car. It’s just added protection for yourself in case your buyer kills themselves or hurts someone. It’s only smart to have something to fall back on. The more you disclose clearly up front, the better for everyone. It sounds crazy until it actually happens, just like someone spilling hot coffee that had no warning must’ve sounded.
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

93 octane: 712rwhp, 654rwtq / E85 (E66 mix): 734rwhp, 674rwtq (SuperFlow Dyno)
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 09:43 AM   #22
RoyalGenesiZ

Drives: Camaro
Thanks everyone for your posts, I ended up buying a amazing car from LesBaer and I am no longer looking for a vehicle! It was a super easy process and I couldn't be happier. Moderators please delete this posting.
RoyalGenesiZ is offline   Reply With Quote