Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Members Classifieds > Autos For Sale / Wanted

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-07-2019, 06:21 PM   #15
solarstingray

Drives: 2014 c7 corvette and 2017 camaro ss
great price, any time a police record is done for any reason what so ever it automatically gets on the car fax report .
solarstingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 07:37 AM   #16
ScatPack
Banned

Drives: None at the moment
This happened to me. Someone bumped my 1LE at 250 miles. Yes just a few days after it left the dealer. Had the police do a report and had it fixed under the other party's ins. And wouldnt you know, auto check now shows it had a rear end collision. I lost thousands on that car trying to trade it in a year later even tho it only had $443 of spot in painting on the matte black portion of the lower rear bumper. No parts, no repaint, just a spot in. Basically it was airbrushed. And that I guess constitutes a "rear end collision". All the dealers I took it to couldnt get away from it faster. And the ones that didnt, wanted to give me $10k less what it was actually worth. This is where the term "no stories" comes into play. People want used cars with no stories. They dont want to deal with a car that has a branded carfax or autocheck report. Because even like me you might have the body shop paperwork showing literally no body work done, it still comes off like it was rearended to death and taped back together with duct tape. I feel for you OP, and this is going to be a hard sell.

ANd yes 99% of that could be wet sanded and buffed out. It only looks like the one deep scratch would need to be touched up. And thats about all it would need. I could do that in my sleep.
ScatPack is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro 2ss