Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Phastek Performance

Old 03-21-2019, 02:29 PM   #29
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Print out the lowest price and the Discount Tire store will match it. I have a year and a half on them right now and they're still great.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 04:03 PM   #30
urirx98

Drives: 2016 Bumble Bee Yellow 2SS
Well just placed order with discount Tire and they matched all prices from their website which had additional discount this weekend. 4 tires with certificates for 890 installed then get 7 0 rebate from general. Also going to order a20 inch rim and install one of front tires to keep at home as spare just incase
Old 03-24-2019, 01:21 PM   #31
weatherman71

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by enzia35 View Post
Well let's face it, all-seasons will never be as good as a set of dedicated summer tires! But some people aren't able to keep two sets of tires around or only have the one car for all year driving.
i have these EXACT tires on my 19 2SS and would love to see someone with the stock summer tires out perform these. These tires are a 10x improvement over the stock summer tires
weatherman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 02:04 PM   #32
trohde78

Drives: '17 Red Hot 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherman71 View Post
i have these EXACT tires on my 19 2SS and would love to see someone with the stock summer tires out perform these. These tires are a 10x improvement over the stock summer tires
I tend to agree with this assessment. I'm even kinda sad to put the Goodyear's back on now that it's warming up outside. haha!
trohde78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 02:19 PM   #33
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
No one said the stock runflats were an awesome tire.

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 09:37 PM   #34
urirx98

Well new tires installed yesterday and wow its nice not to slide around anymore lol. I got to say those eagles were crap,totally falling apart at 18k miles, actually had some cord showing on my rears ( on the inside part your cant see )

1st impressions of the tires and they are alright. I hope they get better when they break in cause sometimes i feel like they hesitate when i put peddle down. They had to replace the sensors and stuff when they pealed the old tires off so hopefully they didnt mess anything up, but i have warranties for wear and damage ( thru Direct TIre)

2nd, I bought a 20x8.5 inch rim from ebay ( vision cross ) and will be gettin a used tire to put on it to keep in garage. Just insurance incase i get a flat, i can be towed home, replace tire with something that fits both front and back and then drive to DT ( 15 min away) safely and not damage car driving on a donut not made for our car. Rim was 62$ and used tire should be like 50-70 depending on tread or size, so much cheaper then the 200$ a junk yard wanted or 300 they want for the spare on internet , will keep you updated in few weeks of driving but atleast theres not much road sound
Old 03-29-2019, 11:42 AM   #35
Spartan268

Drives: HB 2SS
Just got these tires mounted last night. Initial drive from the shop to my house was just a regular commute. Didn't push her or anything. I can say right off the bat the ride is less harsh and a lot more pleasant compared to the stock ROF. My usual terrible roads didn't feel as harsh. Didn't hear any tread growl since my exhaust is louder.

Purposely drove in to work this morning (41 degrees). I was getting some vibrations but that could be due to my front left wheel being a bit damaged or this is the dreaded flat spotting everyone talked about online. On my way back home I'll see if this still occurs. So far I'm liking the tire overall. I'll do some launches and harder driving on the weekend if I get the chance.
Spartan268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 12:30 PM   #36
urirx98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan268 View Post
Just got these tires mounted last night. Initial drive from the shop to my house was just a regular commute. Didn't push her or anything. I can say right off the bat the ride is less harsh and a lot more pleasant compared to the stock ROF. My usual terrible roads didn't feel as harsh. Didn't hear any tread growl since my exhaust is louder.

Purposely drove in to work this morning (41 degrees). I was getting some vibrations but that could be due to my front left wheel being a bit damaged or this is the dreaded flat spotting everyone talked about online. On my way back home I'll see if this still occurs. So far I'm liking the tire overall. I'll do some launches and harder driving on the weekend if I get the chance.

yeah i hope car just needs to get used to them, its been 5 days and drive much better than before. thats def a plus.

If your worried that you dont have the run flats anymore, purchase the rim i bought from ebay ( vision 20x8.5) and purchase a used 245/40 or 45/20 tire and keep in garage. I got one today total 64$ so rim plus tire/instal cost me 130$, great piece of mind cause tow truck can bring you home then install this tire so you can go to place you buy tires from
Old 04-01-2019, 08:41 AM   #37
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
For what its worth. I daily a set of AS-05s on SS wheels for my 1LE. I have pushed the tires hard once on a mountain run and although the tires feel great at ambient temps once they started to heat up the began to feel like balloons. Very soft and not much sidewall stiffness. I only have brief experience on the OEM goodyears when I drove an SS loaner car, but I didn't push that car, so I can only compare the AS-05s to my Supercar 3s and the short story is that the All seasons are GREAT in the wet and daily around town use, but when pushed and heated up they perform just as you would expect from an all season. Make no mistake these aren't going to outperform any decent summer tire in prolonged performance applications such as hard drives, auto X, or Track Days.

That being said if I was recommending a tire to someone who was only going to take the occasional sporty corner and primarily cruise in the car. I would probably recommend the AS-05 and an electric air pump for emergencies.
Old 04-09-2019, 12:12 AM   #38
urirx98

So 2 weeks in on new tires and not sure how i am liking them. Sometimes they seem pretty smooth but sadly the roads in South Florida are terrible, they also have those reflectors off the lines that they are supposed to help light up. Im wondering what you guys keep your tire pressure at and if you got a alignment after replacing all tires. i have @19k miles , let me know, thanks
Old 04-09-2019, 08:18 PM   #39
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
I keep mine at around 36-38 psi. What do you mean about the reflectors?
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 11:47 PM   #40
urirx98

Quote:
I keep mine at around 36-38 psi. What do you mean about the reflectors?
My tires are set at 38 i think, today was slightly cooler so it said 35 but they have been at 37-38.

When i said reflectors, i ment the things in the street lines so you can see the lines in the dark. They are like every few feet here in FL and most of the idiots whom installed them didnt put them on the lines so they are actually in your driving lane. I also have a convertible so i hear sooo many more noises then the unusual car. Im almost feeling like the tires arent on properly since i feel like the car shakes when going over bumps more then it should. Goin to keep eye on it and if still doing this another week goin to take car back in Monday on morning off
Old 04-12-2019, 11:31 AM   #41
Spartan268

Drives: HB 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by urirx98 View Post
My tires are set at 38 i think, today was slightly cooler so it said 35 but they have been at 37-38.

When i said reflectors, i ment the things in the street lines so you can see the lines in the dark. They are like every few feet here in FL and most of the idiots whom installed them didnt put them on the lines so they are actually in your driving lane. I also have a convertible so i hear sooo many more noises then the unusual car. Im almost feeling like the tires arent on properly since i feel like the car shakes when going over bumps more then it should. Goin to keep eye on it and if still doing this another week goin to take car back in Monday on morning off

I want to say I'm getting similar feedback from the road like you are. Seems more sensitive than before. Probably just a characteristic of the tire since it's more sporty than the average A/S. Asides from funky bumps these tires have been great for me. Still haven't broken them in properly yet. Only day 2.5 for me. (Weekend warrior car)
Spartan268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 01:13 PM   #42
karmatourer
STD free

Drives: 2018 Bright Yellow LGX M6 RS NPP
Quote:
Depending on how far you are from the Tirerack warehouse, you can probably save $60 and pick them up yourself!
On 2 trips!
karmatourer is offline   Reply With Quote