Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 04-14-2019, 02:21 AM   #15
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
They unlock it. They just don't need physical access to do so.

The software you use doesn't make the tcm magically not locked, it is what it is. Theirs just bypasses it or remote disables it.

Whether you can get by without actually programming the tcm is exactly what they said they aren't doing. And it is extremely obvious if they would be because flashing the tcm is a completely separate and visible process. It's not something they would be able to lie about during the process.

Either way, I'm glad I'm rocking a 2016 . And it's had the trifecta tune since about a month after it first went on sale. None of this silly locked tcm nonsense
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 07:10 AM   #16
Raptor Jesus
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin_504 View Post
I wouldn't throw out allegations like that without some evidence, just outta respect for the company. That is equating Trifecta's TCM tune to an eBay chiptune.

I would either get an answer from Trifecta or be wary of it and ask enough questions during the tuning process to get a full understanding of the process. Good luck.
That's the thing, I sent a message to them and they were just as vague in their response as to others. I wasn't throwing out allegations, I was giving a technical explanation to how they could possibly do it since they will not answer. Using a piggyback isn't like an ebay chip but it's not a true trans tune. The trans responds off of speed and throttle input and load. All you have to do is change the signal the TCM sees and it will change it's characteristics. Will it work? Yes. Is it the best option? No. But until they are a little more open in how they do this then nobody will know. I for one wouldn't use it if that's the case.
Raptor Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 10:21 AM   #17
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor Jesus View Post
That's the thing, I sent a message to them and they were just as vague in their response as to others. I wasn't throwing out allegations, I was giving a technical explanation to how they could possibly do it since they will not answer. Using a piggyback isn't like an ebay chip but it's not a true trans tune. The trans responds off of speed and throttle input and load. All you have to do is change the signal the TCM sees and it will change it's characteristics. Will it work? Yes. Is it the best option? No. But until they are a little more open in how they do this then nobody will know. I for one wouldn't use it if that's the case.
The only way that can be done is with a module in line that only alters the data going to the trans. That's not what trifecta does or is. You flash the modules and then it's all done and disconnected. No hardware stays with the car.

If you never intend to flash back to stock you can throw everything out.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote