Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-29-2017, 09:49 PM   #15
Trentelshark

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
I have to follow-up with my dealer again next week. Order was placed June 3 and as of 2nd week in July I still had no build week, yet I see orders in the sticky thread placed well after that with build weeks of July. I'll try to remember to update with what they tell me but I suspect I'm going to be in the same boat. Something isn't adding up.
Trentelshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 10:42 PM   #16
AndrewCo13

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
Call/email Peter at pmaiuri@addisongm.com
Their dealer had a few 2017 allotted and that's where I found mine. They are in Mississauga.
Also check Wilson Niblet. Huge Vette dealer they may have allotments also. Note Camaros cost LESS at home vs USA when u adjust for FX. Besides you can NOT import a new car from the States. GL shopping!
Thanks so much for the info! I will try reaching out to both to see if they can help me.

Quote:
BTW it is an amazing car especially if you intend on tracking it. A tremendous performance value. A cross of Stingray and Z06 wit 2 extra seats. Seriously. For half the price.
That's exactly my plan! I've been tracking my 2014 2SS/RS for the past couple years but now as I get more serious into it I've started to realize what the 5th gen Camaro is lacking. The cooling, braking, suspension, e-LSD, new chassis and weight reduction in the 6th gen 1LE is going to make the car a night and day difference on the track. One of the biggest things for me as well is that they offer a full warranty on the track which gives me the peace of mind that I can take it to the track and really beat on it without any worries.
AndrewCo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 11:04 PM   #17
AndrewCo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentelshark View Post
I have to follow-up with my dealer again next week. Order was placed June 3 and as of 2nd week in July I still had no build week, yet I see orders in the sticky thread placed well after that with build weeks of July. I'll try to remember to update with what they tell me but I suspect I'm going to be in the same boat. Something isn't adding up.
Ya maybe you're in the same boat in regards to the dealer you submitted the order with might not actually have allotment. So other dealers with allotment might be getting prioritized over your order
Old 07-30-2017, 12:06 AM   #18
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
Tony Ladas @ New Roads in Newmarket.

always have Camaros up front. Just sold a Green 1LE about a month ago.

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 05:07 AM   #19
remolacha

Drives: camaro16
I had the same question, when i wanted to order 2017 camaro. I could`t do it by myself, so I want to say thanks to https://clearit.ca/services/importing-cars the guys are always up to date - where, when, how ... So, It seems to me, I was the first happy owner of the 2017 in Canada!
remolacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 05:40 AM   #20
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewCo13 View Post
Thanks so much for the info! I will try reaching out to both to see if they can help me.

That's exactly my plan! I've been tracking my 2014 2SS/RS for the past couple years but now as I get more serious into it I've started to realize what the 5th gen Camaro is lacking. The cooling, braking, suspension, e-LSD, new chassis and weight reduction in the 6th gen 1LE is going to make the car a night and day difference on the track. One of the biggest things for me as well is that they offer a full warranty on the track which gives me the peace of mind that I can take it to the track and really beat on it without any worries.
I had 3 dealers looking for one back in April....
Ended up finding mine at Addison on line via Cargurus.com This website seems to have better inventory data vs dealer websites. Search for an SS then look for a black hood in the pix

As far as on track performance the car is absolutely amazing bone stock just wit proper fluids. I have 9 days at 3 venues thus far and I am amazed how fast this car is. It just blows me away every time I drive it. Far exceeded my expectations!
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 05:41 PM   #21
R.C. Collins

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Quote:
I had 3 dealers looking for one back in April....
Ended up finding mine at Addison on line via Cargurus.com This website seems to have better inventory data vs dealer websites. Search for an SS then look for a black hood in the pix

As far as on track performance the car is absolutely amazing bone stock just wit proper fluids. I have 9 days at 3 venues thus far and I am amazed how fast this car is. It just blows me away every time I drive it. Far exceeded my expectations!

What fluids did you use, and when did you change them?
R.C. Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 06:05 PM   #22
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.C. Collins View Post
What fluids did you use, and when did you change them?
All fluids are per the manual except for brake fluid (Wilwood Racing DOT3, but tons of choices here).
Again, per the manual I did the diff (NOT e-diff) right after break in and right after 1st track day.
I also did oil after first 500 miles and tranny after break in.
NOTE: diff fluid change is about $60 at a dealer but they often confuse it with a full diff service (gear cleaning, gasket, etc) which is $200+.

I do oil (5W40 Valvoline per the manual) when it shows 50% and tranny/diff every 10 track days, brake fluid fresh every season then bleed every 3 track days.
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 09:08 AM   #23
Trentelshark

Just updating my order progress like I said I would. The salesman contacted me this morning, my order is already in production and they expect delivery 10-14 days after its complete. Next update will be when they ship it so Canadian orders are definitely being fulfilled. Mine also doesnt have the PDR so it looks like GM has no issues producing a 2018 out the gate without that option which i thought may have been the initial hold up.
Old 08-22-2017, 07:46 PM   #24
AndrewCo13

Ended up finally finding one at Eastside GM in Markham.

Traded the 2014 2SS/RS in for the 2018 Camaro SS 1LE with Mosaic Black Metallic.

If you're looking for a 1LE in the GTA Eastside GM is the top Camaro dealer in their region which is why they've already got over 5 allotments for the 2018 model year and when I picked up mine they had a couple on the lot. All the people at Eastside were awesome through the whole process. If you're looking for a 1LE you can contact Antonio Chan (achan@eastsidegm.ca - 905-475-7373) as he was the one that I dealt with and was very helpful!
Old 08-22-2017, 09:25 PM   #25
Trentelshark

Congrats sir, good to see you found one ! Took delivery of my 2018 1LE yesterday, you're gonna love it .

Last edited by Trentelshark; 08-22-2017 at 09:37 PM.
Old 08-22-2017, 09:39 PM   #26
AndrewCo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentelshark View Post
Congrats sir, good to see you found one ! Took delivery of my 2018 1LE yesterday, you're gonna love it .
Congrats to you too! Can't wait to take it to the track to see it's full potential
Old 08-22-2017, 10:33 PM   #27
Cap'n Pete

Drives: '02 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayley1LE View Post
Here is the one in Cobourg. Looks sharp!
Hmm, this one is still listed on Auto Trader, ~6 weeks later .
2006 Z06 - LeMans Blue
2010 Corvette - LS3/MN6 - Black
2002 Camaro Z28 - LS1/T56 - Black
www.time-attack.ca
Cap'n Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 10:39 PM   #28
Cap'n Pete

Drives: '02 Z28
Quote:
BTW is it an amazing car especially is you intend on tracking it. A tremendous performance value. A cross of Stingray and Z06 wit 2 extra seats. Seriously. For half the price.
Hey stranger! I heard over on the 'Vette board that you're now into a Camaro!

I'm still in the midst of parental "bliss", and driving a family-friendly econobox at the moment, but NEXT YEAR ......... I SWEAR ........ I am going CAR SHOPPING in a big way!!! It's going on ~5 years since I've been on the track ..... it's killing me!

Anyway, kinda torn at this point between getting a(nother) 'Vette, OR, going the "family friendly" route and getting the Camaro ......... sounds like it's a true ringer??!!

SS 1LE is definitely on my shopping list now, after reading all the reviews and watching a crap ton of awesome videos (... basically, "Camaro vs. Everything" ...). Guess it'll just be a matter of finding one when the time comes.
2006 Z06 - LeMans Blue
2010 Corvette - LS3/MN6 - Black
2002 Camaro Z28 - LS1/T56 - Black
www.time-attack.ca
Cap'n Pete is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1le, 2018 camaro, canada