Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 11-16-2020, 02:05 PM   #1
novaSS

Drives: 2020 Red Hot 2SS
2020 2SS rearview mirror camera stopped working

Didn't see anyone else having problems with this, so it's likely an uncommon issue.

My car has that rear view mirror camera that can be turned on by flicking the switch under the mirror. A few weeks ago I tried turning it on, and it just started flickering and would not turn off no matter what I did. Eventually I turned the car off and on and then it went away.

I took the car to the dealer, and long story short, we are now on week 2 of them trying to diagnose the problem. They said that because it's a new car, they don't have a proper procedure to diagnose the problem, so apparently GM is shipping them parts one by one to see what's causing the issue. I asked them if they could just order all the possible parts at the same time to avoid weeks of waiting, but apparently there's no return policy, so they have to try on 1 part at a time
Right now they are checking whether it's the sharkfin camera, then they'll check the mirror, then other electrical components.

Once they figure out what's wrong, i'll update the thread in case anyone else runs into this problem. Never woulda thought my car would be at the dealer for weeks trying to fix something as simple as a rear view mirror
novaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 09:22 AM   #2
jjwswim99

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camero
what was the result

I have a 2020 camero with the same issue... I'm scheduled to take my car in next month to have it checked out. Were they able to figure out the problem and how to fix?
jjwswim99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 12:32 PM   #3
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
I added it to my car, only issue I ever had was it blue screened on me once but I realized my camera cable wasn’t fully connected. Never had issues since
Happiness: Infinite

Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote