Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-08-2022, 10:37 PM   #1
ssonic2013

Drives: 2013 Camaro ss
What is different between 1SS AND 2SS

can someone tell me the difference between the 1SS and 2SS
my car has Boston Audio, Power seats, Heated seats, leather seats, Chevy my link with nav. heated side mirror and sun roof. sorry I'm a newbie. is the 2013 6.2 liter rated at 400hp? Thank you in advance..
ssonic2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 11:31 PM   #2
chef-beavis

Drives: IOM 2013 2SS/RS, Greenie, 06 FXSTBi
If it's stock, leather = 2SS. 2SS was all the nice trim stuff. They had the same drive trains.
chef-beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 11:34 PM   #3
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
1SS is cloth interior.
2SS is leather.
That's the major part, but the 1SS couldn't come with HUD, and a few other things.

If you've got factory leather, you've got a 2SS.
And if your SS badges are red, you've got an RS package car.
Pedders Coilovers, BMR trailing arms and toe-links, Prothane solid poly subframe bushings, JDP Motorsports rear upper control arm bushings, Texas Speed long-tube headers with 2" primaries, modified fully 3" Magnaflow competition catback. CAI cold-air intake. DBA rotors, Hawk pads.

Quote:
'Hellcat' sounds like some kinda 15 year old furry with liek "I'm a blue fox with wings and magical kawaii powers" kind of sh*t.
shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 01:05 AM   #4
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
AND… if you’ve got an automatic you’ve got an L99 6.2 rated at 400 Hp 410 ftlbs tq. If it’s a manual you’ve got the Legendary LS3 rated at 426/420. Honestly the L99 and LS3 are nearly identical twins save the L99’s AFM, VVT, non sodium filled valves and ever so slightly lower compression ratio. The L99 hands down has a better torque curve because of the VVT but does give up some power up top compared to the LS3. Both are great engines, but both have their weak spots, The L99 is plagued by weak afm lifters and the lS3 has a weaker oil pump.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 03:23 AM   #5
George-CZ

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 and 1978 STROKER 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibbs View Post
1SS is cloth interior.
2SS is leather.
That's the major part, but the 1SS couldn't come with HUD, and a few other things.

If you've got factory leather, you've got a 2SS.
And if your SS badges are red, you've got an RS package car.
Really..? I have them in red, but I don't think I have an RS package.
The RS package have some plastic parts that the SS does not have.

At least I think so

K&N CAI, Stainless Power longtubes, high flow cats, modified Ragazzon High Performance axle back, Soler Performance ported throttle body, Soler Performance throttle controller, RAM clutch adjuster, modified LS7 clutch kit, Tick Performance billet bearing support, Tick Performance remote bleeder, separate clutch reservoir, BMR trailing arms, BMR toe rods, Pedders Suspension cradle bushing inserts, Control Arm Bushings, Strut tower brace, oil catch can, Hurst T-handle shifter, 20mm wheel spacers, DBA brakes, QTP Cutouts, Dynosteve tune.
George-CZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 04:09 AM   #6
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by George-CZ View Post
Really..? I have them in red, but I don't think I have an RS package.
The RS package have some plastic parts that the SS does not have.

At least I think so
George,
SS and RS are two different packages. You can have them on the same car, together. Red SS emblems mean you have the RS package, which is color matched roof moldings along with a couple other things like deeper red color taillights, etc.
Old 01-09-2022, 04:32 AM   #7
George-CZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0stones0 View Post
George,
SS and RS are two different packages. You can have them on the same car, together. Red SS emblems mean you have the RS package, which is color matched roof moldings along with a couple other things like deeper red color taillights, etc.
So this is a complete novelty for me.
I have to study that.

Until now, I thought that the RS package was primarily a spoilers and ground effects..

Name:  90911_Rear_3-4_Web.jpg
Views: 3668
Size:  129.2 KB

or a V6 Camaros designation.

...we are talking about these emblems ..?

Name:  WP_20170718_021.jpg
Views: 3723
Size:  278.5 KB

I haven't seen them in a color other than red

K&N CAI, Stainless Power longtubes, high flow cats, modified Ragazzon High Performance axle back, Soler Performance ported throttle body, Soler Performance throttle controller, RAM clutch adjuster, modified LS7 clutch kit, Tick Performance billet bearing support, Tick Performance remote bleeder, separate clutch reservoir, BMR trailing arms, BMR toe rods, Pedders Suspension cradle bushing inserts, Control Arm Bushings, Strut tower brace, oil catch can, Hurst T-handle shifter, 20mm wheel spacers, DBA brakes, QTP Cutouts, Dynosteve tune.
Old 01-09-2022, 05:03 AM   #8
Y88 TA

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS 6 Manual, 1978 Y88 TA
Yes those are the emblems, you should have halo headlights as well.
Y88 TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 05:52 AM   #9
George-CZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y88 TA View Post
Yes those are the emblems, you should have halo headlights as well.
A car full of surprises
So what does look "NO RS Camaro"?

Old 01-09-2022, 06:13 AM   #10
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
i can see from your pics you have the body color roof mouldings,its a 2SS/RS.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 06:38 AM   #11
George-CZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
i can see from your pics you have the body color roof mouldings,its a 2SS/RS.

This is not my car.

This is my Camaro..

Name:  WP_20180718_011.jpg
Views: 3712
Size:  89.7 KB

But it never occurred to me that it was RS

Old 01-09-2022, 08:30 AM   #12
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
There's very little difference between a 2SS and a 2SS RS, since RS is an appearance package.

Halo headlights, darker paint on the wheels, darker glass on the tail lights, and painted gutter rails and antenna for the RS. And the SS badges are red.

2SS comes with leather heated seats, auto-dimming driver's side mirror, HUD (but not on my 2010), Boston Acoustics sound, and gage cluster. And the SS badges are white.

I believe all SS cars have a small spoiler. The ground effects are a dealer installed option or aftermarket.

In 2010, an important difference is that the foglight are real foglights operated separately, wherein in the 2SS they are DRLs that shut off when the headlights are all the way on. For this specific reason I have a non-RS 2SS. I think this changed some time later in Gen5.

If your 2SS came off a dealer lot it was most likely RS as well. I ordered my non-RS.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 09:15 AM   #13
George-CZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-It Man View Post
There's very little difference between a 2SS and a 2SS RS, since RS is an appearance package.

Halo headlights, darker paint on the wheels, darker glass on the tail lights, and painted gutter rails and antenna for the RS. And the SS badges are red.

2SS comes with leather heated seats, auto-dimming driver's side mirror, HUD (but not on my 2010), Boston Acoustics sound, and gage cluster. And the SS badges are white.

I believe all SS cars have a small spoiler. The ground effects are a dealer installed option or aftermarket.

In 2010, an important difference is that the foglight are real foglights operated separately, wherein in the 2SS they are DRLs that shut off when the headlights are all the way on. For this specific reason I have a non-RS 2SS. I think this changed some time later in Gen5.

If your 2SS came off a dealer lot it was most likely RS as well. I ordered my non-RS.
Very exhaustive answer

My 2010 2SS comes with leather heated seats, auto-dimming driver's side mirror, but no HUD. I also have a small spoiler.

And now you've answered the question I've been asking since buying my Camaro- what cretin turned the fog lights into daytime lights.

Cars with your (US) lighting are not allowed to drive here in Europe. So I thought someone changed it on when it was redesigned according to European legislation.
Thanks for the explanation

Old 01-09-2022, 10:44 AM   #14
Camaro fanboy

Drives: 2017 2SS Arctic blue fully loaded
Quote:
Originally Posted by George-CZ View Post
This is not my car.

This is my Camaro..

Attachment 1088944

But it never occurred to me that it was RS
think most eurpoean sold cars are top spec. all my camaro's have been fully loaded.