Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 06-18-2018, 04:16 PM   #43
Doug @ ECS

Drives: very fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey1107 View Post
I thoroughly read the install instructions and I was aware of it but it’s good info to have out there. My car is primarily a daily driver and I do not get many opportunities to track it but when I do I’ll use the track brake deflectors as you mentioned.
ECS may have to chime in on this but I thought I read a post that they said they make a couple of changes to the Vortech kit but overall it was Vortech.

Thanks!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
To clarify this, on the 5th gen's we both made our own kits, well since we buy their head units they know how many we sold compared to how many they sold and they thought it might be wise to work together rather than as competition. So we worked together on the 6th gen taking our experience into account and their experience as well.

I really enjoyed working with their engineering team and I sincerely feel we have a rock solid supercharger kit at a reasonable price. So all Paxton kits are an "ECS kit" and the Vortech kits are Vortech. Sometimes they ship from here, sometimes from Paxton/Vortech, depends on where it's going and who has what in stock to ship faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnta1ss View Post
I'm not sure why my kit was so weak, but I did try it with both the ECS tune and the local shop working on it, and neither one of these tunes made more than 480-something when the stock car on the same dyno had been 395. Both tunes are indeed what I'd call speed-density to account for the screwed-up MAF location that this kit uses.
Keep in mind if I send a file via email or mail order I have to keep them very conservative, the last thing I would ever want is to hurt your engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
If you get the ECS kit that uses the Paxton 1500. I listed the differences in supercharger head units above. It will support 550-800whp
We have had few guys break 900 rwhp with a 1500 now, the DI engines seem to pull more power per lb of boost.

Quote:
Want to point out that with this drive system used on the Camaro, the practical limit might come from belt slip rather than the size of the supercharger. Before I bought mine, the ECS guy was saying the kit was good for 800hp. However he later revised his estimate to 700hp, probably due to the drive system rather than the size of the supercharger. Vortech does list a drive upgrade now, for over a thousand dollars.
We always prefer to under promise and over deliver than the other way around, but as I'm sure you have seen from Vengeance they have made some pretty impressive numbers from the base kit.

Quote:
The cog belt only goes from the jackshaft to the supercharger. The jackshaft though, is driven by the serpentine belt that also drives the water pump and alternator. THAT is where the belt slip is likely to occur on this kit.
See above.

One last thing, to increase boost on your kit all you have to do is switch your cog pulleys. Put the 32 on the jack shaft and the 30 on the head unit and just like that you're making 8-9 lbs of boost.
Doug @ ECS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 11:58 PM   #44
gippy87

Drives: 2016 2ss
I also made 600 with this kit on a stock engine/fuel setup. I've been procrastinating putting together a thread on my experience installing this kit. What I like and what I don't but I never got around to it. That said the biggest gripe I have right now is the bypass valve at steady cruising speeds opens just enough to make the perfect whiste sound. It literally sounds like a squealing brake. I've had people stop me at lights and say they think my caliper is stuck... I don't believe this is an issue for anyone else running this kit. It just happens to be that the way my valve flange is welded and the way the spring pressure is Set on this valve provides perfect scenario for air passing by to create a high pitched whistle. Only way to avoid is to get on the gas to close the valve or get real low in the room range

Last edited by gippy87; 06-22-2018 at 12:38 AM.
gippy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 04:56 AM   #45
mikey1107

Drives: 2017 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gippy87 View Post
I also made 600 with this kit on a stock engine/fuel setup. I've been procrastinating putting together a thread on my experience installing this kit. What I like and what I don't but I never got around to it. That said the biggest gripe I have right now is the bypass valve, at steady cruising speeds, opens just enough to make the perfect whiste sound. It literally sounds like a squealing brake. I've had people stop me at lights and say they think my caliper is stuck... I don't believe this is an issue for anyone else running this kit. It just happens to be that the way my valve flange is welded and the way the spring pressure is Set on this valve provides perfect scenario for air passing by to create a high pitched whistle. Only way to avoid is to get on the gas to close the valve or get real low in the room range

I noticed that sound too, I guess I’ll just get used to it over time.

mikey1107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 09:45 AM   #46
Doug @ ECS

That blow off valve is adjustable, you can change the spring pressure and adjust out of doing that.
Old 07-01-2018, 10:54 AM   #47
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
The ECS kit directly from ECS use a Paxton Novi 1500 which is similar to the Procharger D1SC. There is a similar kit that uses the tiny Vortech blower and you are lucky to get 500whp with it.
I've been thinking about this, and you might be right that if you order the kit from Vortech instead of ordering it from ECS, you might get a different head unit. I say that because I bought from ECS and the kit actually shipped from Vortech. As I'd mentioned, the supercharger in my kit is a 1500SL and it has an 'ECS' emblem on it. The air filter that was included in the kit was 1/4" too small for the 1500SL. Another member here reported this same problem with his ECS kit (wrong filter for the head unit). So maybe these small filters are because they (Vortech) normally send a smaller head unit out in the kits?
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 03:19 PM   #48
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by onebad1le View Post
Lt1 to lt4. Will beat this set up easy. And make a lot more torgue for heavy car
PD vs. Centri. Different ways to get the power.

Let.me.guess. You have the lowdown on LT4 swap.
Based on your last 10 posts.

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 08:52 PM   #49
mikey1107

Drives: 2017 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by onebad1le View Post
Just fact heavy car pd blower better

I would say that’s more opinion than fact. I’ve had both and both have their pros and cons. I prefer a more linear power band rather than blowing the tires away immediately, Just personal preference.

mikey1107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 01:32 PM   #50
Doug @ ECS

Quote:
I've been thinking about this, and you might be right that if you order the kit from Vortech instead of ordering it from ECS, you might get a different head unit. I say that because I bought from ECS and the kit actually shipped from Vortech. As I'd mentioned, the supercharger in my kit is a 1500SL and it has an 'ECS' emblem on it. The air filter that was included in the kit was 1/4" too small for the 1500SL. Another member here reported this same problem with his ECS kit (wrong filter for the head unit). So maybe these small filters are because they (Vortech) normally send a smaller head unit out in the kits?
We send out an air filter from here for our kits regardless of whether or not it ships from here or Vortech, did you receive it? PM me your name if not please, I'll take care of it right away. You are correct as to why the filter is smaller on the Vortech kit.