Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 10-14-2017, 07:39 PM   #1
tatasta

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
SLP Supercharger Install Today

Hello,

Got my SLP supercharger finished today. Went good overall.

A couple of questions for you guys. I was a Procharger guy before. So, this is all new.

1. The first time I turned the key on to load the tune, there was fuel shooting out of the injectors on bank 1. I remember torquing the fuel rail down earlier in the install and thinking that, with the injector clips on, that the bolts pulled the injectors pretty deep into the rails. But, I thought that I had better just follow the instructions word for word. It just felt wrong. So, after the fuel poured out, I just removed the clips and re-torqued the rail. No leaks. Drove a mile and checked. No leaks. Drove 15 miles. No leaks.

So. Do need the factory clips? I have searched this but, no definitive answers.

2. How long does it usually take for the car's computers to learn the new setup? And, do I need to drive at a particular rpm range to help the car learn?

3. I am using an SCT X4. Logging says that throttle position at idle is around 26% and at WOT is 83%??? Any insight?? Is it a calibration problem?

Thank you

Last edited by tatasta; 10-14-2017 at 07:43 PM. Reason: forgot something
tatasta is offline   Reply With Quote