Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 07-03-2017, 02:32 PM   #1
tatasta

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Has Anyone got SLP supercharger from Jegs?

Hello,

Just curious how many people bought an SLP supercharger from Jegs when they were on sale. Second question is have they delivered any? I bought one when they said the order would ship within seven days. Then the backorder went out another month. Waited...

Now, the kit will backordered until mid-October. Jegs said it will be a drop ship from SLP when it is done so, Jegs charged my credit card and I start paying for a kit that, according to SLP, they may not ever complete.

So, what now? Get a refund now and lose the chance at a killer deal? Let it roll and hope SLP delivers? SLP and Jegs both fail and get a refund after the charges have been on my card for a couple months?

Did Jegs make a pricing mistake and this is the way to get cancellations? Or, am I just paranoid?
tatasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 02:40 PM   #2
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Jegs is a stand up company. I've bought a lot from them, not the SLP, but many parts. I'd bet they'd refund if not delivered. Just call them up and ask what the cancellation policy is for drop shipped items not delivered that are that far out. I'm sure they would help you out...

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 02:44 PM   #3
Kopterman

Drives: 2014 Bright Yellow 2SS/RS
I don't care how good the deal is I would never purchase a supercharger that's been discontinued...
Kopterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 03:25 PM   #4
102SS
waiting at the tree

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS A6
I almost bought one and I thought something like this might happen.

If it is discontinued they will refund you but your on the hook for the interest.
102SS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 10:34 PM   #5
TRC-SS
700RWHP-650TQ

Drives: 2011 Forged LS3 Supercharged/Cammed
Not sure where they are going to get one cause SLP Discontinued the Blower....
Old 07-05-2017, 08:35 AM   #6
Trob85
Svt lol

Drives: 2011 ss inferno orange blown
Call jegs and tell them what slp said possibly they can get a straight answer from them. If you don't get the answer you want cancel the order. Since jegs is a wholeseller you can buy cheaper from them they have no control over dropshipped product. 90% of what they sell is in their warehouse which they're always good to keep up to date on their website. As far as interest you're shit out of luck on that.
Old 07-05-2017, 09:38 AM   #7
TheFlyingBananaSS
Evil Genius of Chevrolet

Drives: 2017 Z06, 2019 XTS, 2013 SS
I had a feeling it was too good to be true.
GPI SS2 VVT cam, ECS Novi 1500 supercharger, Corsa Extreme, Detroit Speed and BMR suspension, Circle D triple disc, Melling oil pump, LS2 chain tensioner, ATI 10% UD, DSX E85 kit, High Energy coils, BTR springs, LS2 Lifter trays, Titanium retainers, hardened push rods, FIC 1000 injectors, ZL1 pump, Mighty Mouse catch can, AEM gauges, Tial BOV, Richmond 3.91 gears, Custom gauge bezels, Speed Engineering headers, Stainless Works HF cats, DSX Aux pump, 710rwhp on E85.
TheFlyingBananaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 01:26 PM   #8
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatasta View Post
Hello,

Just curious how many people bought an SLP supercharger from Jegs when they were on sale. Second question is have they delivered any? I bought one when they said the order would ship within seven days. Then the backorder went out another month. Waited...

Now, the kit will backordered until mid-October. Jegs said it will be a drop ship from SLP when it is done so, Jegs charged my credit card and I start paying for a kit that, according to SLP, they may not ever complete.

So, what now? Get a refund now and lose the chance at a killer deal? Let it roll and hope SLP delivers? SLP and Jegs both fail and get a refund after the charges have been on my card for a couple months?

Did Jegs make a pricing mistake and this is the way to get cancellations? Or, am I just paranoid?
Get a refund and give me a call I will provide a supercharger supporting mods and custom tuning all in one package.

We carry all major brands of superchargers and turbos.

Summer is slipping away.

Ted.

Last edited by JANNETTYRACING; 07-05-2017 at 02:35 PM.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 11:15 PM   #9
STUNNAH
"BEASTM*DE"

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatasta View Post
Hello,

You can file a dispute immediately to your credit card company...They will open an investigation and ask you for additional info...They will return the disputed amount to your card and if the matter is not resolved to your satisfaction you will not be charged and the dispute will be resolved in your favor...This is why I always make large purchases by credit card, good for you that you did...

STUNNAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 02:57 AM   #10
Shoe2ss

Drives: 2014 2ssrs
I bought the slp supercharger kit from jegs when it was on sale. Mine was delivered in about a week. Very happy with my purchase. Sorry you are going threw hell with yours. I would contact jegs, slp, and my credit card company and look into all options. Good luck man...
Old 07-06-2017, 03:05 AM   #11
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Quote:
Originally Posted by STUNNAH View Post
You can file a dispute immediately to your credit card company...They will open an investigation and ask you for additional info...They will return the disputed amount to your card and if the matter is not resolved to your satisfaction you will not be charged and the dispute will be resolved in your favor...This is why I always make large purchases by credit card, good for you that you did...
Best reason to use a CC.
I'm surprised they even charged you before shipping.

Even if you buy something local the card company can bite them back.

Last edited by CamaroFred; 07-06-2017 at 03:17 AM.
CamaroFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 10:03 AM   #12
racesloth
Dan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS IOM
good reason to go with the basic ECS supercharger - price is reasonable and boost enjoyable...

2010 IOM SS
YSI-B, Pat G Cam, Ported CTS-V Heads, ARH LTs MBRP 3" exhaust
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...&highlight=ysi

Last edited by racesloth; 07-07-2017 at 07:06 AM.
racesloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 08:17 PM   #13
tatasta

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Thanks everyone. I have settled down now...
I was not aware that SLP was discontinuing the supercharger at the time of order. I should looked into it better. No excuse. I have talked to Jegs. They will refund me with no problem. I am willing to wait until October if I can get it at that price. Just not sure if it will really happen. I talked to SLP too. They are frustrated too. I would bet that they both never expected the orders that they would get at that price. I feel that they are both legit as possible. I have bought a lot from both in the past. Right now I will just hang in there a bit

Ted - I would be interested to see what can offer. I will give you a call.

Thanks again
tatasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 08:31 PM   #14
Shoe2ss

Drives: 2014 2ssrs
Mabe sumone with more knowledge can jump in on this but i think a rebuild kit will be readialy availible if the slp supercharger goes bad becous many manufacturers re all using the same internals (the eaton tvs. 2300) if im wrong please correct me. So that makes me feel a lil more comfortable ith with buying this supercharger.. And i new i was going to get a costum tune and void the warranty anyway.