Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

Phastek Performance

Old 08-14-2017, 01:55 AM   #1
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
*EXCITING* HID/LED head light questions

Okay well I'm excited. I have a 2017 ZL1 and would like to upgrade the factory DS3 headlight bulbs. Any resident HID pros in here?

1. Any experience with Philips 6000k Ultinons? Bright enough despite their lower lumen output rating? Too blue vs the OEM LED DRL? How blue are they?

2. If 5000k.....anyone ran both OSRAMs and Philips? How do they compare? I've had OSRAMs in a previous car and they were TRUE white, but not alllll that much different from OEM 4300k bulbs IMO. But they might match our DRL better.

I think ideally I'd like to match the color of the DRL as close as possible. The factory 4300k bulbs are just too yellow.

Thoughts? Thanks.
Attached Images

ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 06:24 AM   #2
Gilley

Drives: 16 Red Hot 2SS
The 6000k Ultinons have been around for a long time and many people on different forums find them to be a good compromise between brightness in lumens and and a white color temperature. As you probably know, as the color temperature increases in number, the lumens decrease.

I don't know anyone that has tried them, but there are new LED replacement lamps on the market that might better match the DRL color.
Old 08-14-2017, 09:06 AM   #3
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
Thanks for the insight. I prefer to stick with a xenon lamp. I'm leaning towards one of the 5k options as I anticipate the 6k may look too blue next to the DRL, and the 5k will be brighter. Hope others chime in still for more data points!
ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote