Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 12-22-2012, 07:23 AM   #1
68/2010
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS Rally Yellow
back pressure behind my A/C

My problem has made me so upset with my Chevy dealer makes me never want to buy another Chevy car again and I own 3 camaros. Since day one I've had this issue with my 2010 2SS with my cooling fans blowing super loud all the time even when car is at 130 and still running when car is off. been to dealers many times and 10 months ago he found out that if he releases the pressure and add antifreeze the car is good for hopeing 10 months again he thinks there's a leak but can't find it and now that i'm in my exstanded warrtany they were telling me I would have to pay for labor if they don't find the problem and when I bought this exstanded warranty which was the best one there was told me it was just like the main one . Wrong. . and I had this problem way before my main warrtany was up.

Last edited by 68/2010; 12-22-2012 at 07:49 AM.
68/2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:10 AM   #2
DJ_BigC
Rockin' Steady

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
The reason the fans are still on for a bit after your car is off is to additionally cool off the engine, the fans running after your vehicle is off is a normal operating characteristic of the car, now if they don't shut off at all, there's a problem but they can run up to X amount of time after the vehicle is off.

The tech removing the rad cap and depressurizing the system will obviously shut off the fans because the cooling system is now depressurized and the overal temp of the coolant if I'm not wrong will drop causing, because with pressure temperature goes up but I might mixing myself up here.

Unless your fans are staying on for 15 minutes after the car is off, I really don't think your car has an actual problem, now you mentioned your car is losing coolant. If your losing coolant and your cooling system goes dry, your ECT will now read the temp of the pressure/hot air circulating inside your engine, not the actual temperature of the coolant causing the fans to come on.

Did they tell you how much coolant they had to add? Or did they just tell you they had to top it off?
DJ_BigC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:03 AM   #3
SSMickey

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS

Your losing coolant and the tech can't find it? That says an internal leak to me, or a very slow leak. Is your oil level rising? Has he put dye in the coolant? I have used the dye to find very slow leaks several times. As for the dealer trying to make you pay to find a problem that has existed for a while, I'd contact GM and show them your documentation that the problem has been ongoing.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:41 AM   #4
DJ_BigC
Rockin' Steady

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMickey View Post

Your losing coolant and the tech can't find it? That says an internal leak to me, or a very slow leak. Is your oil level rising? Has he put dye in the coolant? I have used the dye to find very slow leaks several times. As for the dealer trying to make you pay to find a problem that has existed for a while, I'd contact GM and show them your documentation that the problem has been ongoing.
And exactly what he said, coolant just doesn't disappear. They should have added dye the moment they noticed the coolant level was ignificantly getting lower and lower.

2010 Camaro 2SS Black, L99, SLP headers, GMPP axle back, complete JRE tune, 22" Boss 337's, Nitto Invos 5% tint, Eforce Supercharger w. 3" pulley, ADM FPCM, ID850's, JRE fuel rail mod, Eforce CAI, Moroso catch can, spark plug insulators.
DJ_BigC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:40 PM   #5
68/2010
Emerald Coast Camaros

This time he said it was a 1/4 low in 10 months. He didn't tell me how much he added last time. And he told me to keeping driving it and the leak will get worse where they can find it. Which really upsets me because I think it's bull.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:05 AM   #6
SSMickey

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS
I think it's time to find another dealer. Sounds like your current one is incompetent or just not interested in finding your leak. A slow leak can be difficult to find, but it can be done with a little effort. Might want to contact Chevrolet Customer Svc. They are active on this forum too, and that is there screen name.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:19 AM   #7
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68/2010 View Post
My problem has made me so upset with my Chevy dealer makes me never want to buy another Chevy car again and I own 3 camaros. Since day one I've had this issue with my 2010 2SS with my cooling fans blowing super loud all the time even when car is at 130 and still running when car is off. been to dealers many times and 10 months ago he found out that if he releases the pressure and add antifreeze the car is good for hopeing 10 months again he thinks there's a leak but can't find it and now that i'm in my exstanded warrtany they were telling me I would have to pay for labor if they don't find the problem and when I bought this exstanded warranty which was the best one there was told me it was just like the main one . Wrong. . and I had this problem way before my main warrtany was up.
I would like to research this further for you. Please send me your first and last name, address, phone number, VIN, mileage, and involved dealership name.

I look forward to working with you.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 12-24-2012, 05:23 PM   #8
68/2010
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
I would like to research this further for you. Please send me your first and last name, address, phone number, VIN, mileage, and involved dealership name.

I look forward to working with you.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Thanks Brandon sent PM.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:11 PM   #9
68/2010
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMickey View Post
I think it's time to find another dealer. Sounds like your current one is incompetent or just not interested in finding your leak. A slow leak can be difficult to find, but it can be done with a little effort. Might want to contact Chevrolet Customer Svc. They are active on this forum too, and that is there screen name.
Thank you too and hope I can get this problem fixed