Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-16-2018, 01:20 PM   #85
Jimabe

Drives: 2018 Red ZL1
Josh/AWE

See you guys are posting sound clips of the various options...cool.
Would you be working on a clip for the guys who have LT/cat del mods and want it a bit quieter? Again...to each their own, but when these things are LT'd and uncorked, holy crap batman...a bit too loud for me. I know there are others here who are looking to tame the beast just a bit too, as we've been discussing options.

Would be cool to hear your Touring setup, Resonated with LT's and no cats...

Thanks!
Jimabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 03:57 PM   #86
Josh/AWE

Drives: 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimabe View Post
Josh/AWE

See you guys are posting sound clips of the various options...cool.
Would you be working on a clip for the guys who have LT/cat del mods and want it a bit quieter? Again...to each their own, but when these things are LT'd and uncorked, holy crap batman...a bit too loud for me. I know there are others here who are looking to tame the beast just a bit too, as we've been discussing options.

Would be cool to hear your Touring setup, Resonated with LT's and no cats...

Thanks!
Hi, Jim. I only have footage of our Non-Resonated Touring Edition Catback with secondary catalysts and place, and the Touring Edition with our PLPs. Hopefully the footage you seek will pop up courtesy of a driver running the combo you're after.
Josh/AWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 04:06 PM   #87
Josh/AWE

I'm hearing that there's talk of our Track Edition having the same feature set as our Touring Edition.

This is incorrect. 180 Technology™ -- i.e. our drone-canceling solution, is only featured in the Touring Editions (catback and axleback). The Track Editions do not feature 180 Technology™, and are subject to drone.

Questions? Hit me.

Old 10-22-2018, 01:28 PM   #88
Josh/AWE

Hey, everyone. Hope you all are doing well. Just a PSA that I updated the OP to be more ZL1-specific -- dyno graph, tip shots, etc. The SS and ZL1 have also been split into their own dedicated product pages to make it easier to find your desired configuration.

Questions? Hit me.
Old 10-22-2018, 01:42 PM   #89
Torquem
Bannable

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Hey Josh,
I installed the PLP's, non res touring catback on my 17 Zl1. I am getting code P0420. A couple of forum members said I may need to tighten the clamp behind the primary cats on my drivers side, but wanted to get your input.

2017 ZL1 A10 - Hyper Blue Metallic
Rotofab CAI, TM ported TB, AWE non res touring catback with PLP's
Torquem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 01:47 PM   #90
Josh/AWE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquem View Post
Hey Josh,
I installed the PLP's, non res touring catback on my 17 Zl1. I am getting code P0420. A couple of forum members said I may need to tighten the clamp behind the primary cats on my drivers side, but wanted to get your input.
Hey, Torque. That code is specifically pertaining to the primary catalysts. I would check for leaks at break points.
Old 10-29-2018, 05:08 AM   #91
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
Looks like AWE is taking over. https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1463584
Old 10-29-2018, 08:28 AM   #92
staples87

Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND View Post
They've been known in the German market for a long time. It's nice to see they adapt their technology to each specific platform.
staples87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 12:15 PM   #93
Hellobatman

Drives: 2017 Ford F250, 2019 Lincoln Navi
I installed the touring axle back this weekend on my setup with headers. It sounds GREAT but is loudddddd! I will try to get a video up this week, for now check my instagram.
Old 10-29-2018, 01:23 PM   #94
staples87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellobatman View Post
I installed the touring axle back this weekend on my setup with headers. It sounds GREAT but is loudddddd! I will try to get a video up this week, for now check my instagram.
I could imagine! Are you running a catless setup? My concern is more so tone/rasp more than the loudness.
Old 10-29-2018, 01:31 PM   #95
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by staples87 View Post
They've been known in the German market for a long time. It's nice to see they adapt their technology to each specific platform.
I’ve never heard of them. I’ve been playing M since 2009.
Old 10-29-2018, 01:42 PM   #96
Josh/AWE

Quote:
We've been playing M since 2015, so you have a bit more tenure than us. With that said, it was the largest product launch of our history -- 41 exhausts alone, and then intakes and other products as well -- in one day!

Our SwitchPath™ configuration for the F8X is unlike anything else on the market. Deep, rich tones without rasp typically heard in other configurations, and maintains factory valve integration. Full 3", too
Old 10-29-2018, 02:04 PM   #97
staples87

Quote:
Sorry I should have specified which German market lol.

Volkswagen, Audi and Porsche originally.

They should give Dinan, Eisenmann, and Meisterschaft a run for their money though!
Old 10-29-2018, 04:07 PM   #98
Josh/AWE

Hi, everyone!

Let’s take a moment to talk about valve anxiety. It’s common. It’s normal. It’s something with some determination and focus, we can work through, together.

AWE’s 180 Technology was developed as a simple, elegant solution to get rowdy when you want it, but be civil when you don’t. And it works without valves. Check this out:

Rowdy, but :

Bluetooth call approved, note we’re in a drone zone (but there’s no drone).

We developed 180 Technology (which is patent pending, by the way) on European exotics, and when we brought it over to the modern muscle market, it was received ridiculously well. People loved it, and those who have gone 180 Technology have never looked back.

It replaces valves, it’s a straight through design that gives you the sound when you want it, and a perfect cruising, drone-free tone when you are feeling chill. I’ve lived in this car for 6 months, and I never once felt the urge or need to be able to have valving. You don’t need it. Those who have experienced 180 Technology agree, for the Camaro, it’s the cure. Trust us, we’ve been at it for 27 years. Or don’t trust us, and listen to people who have the system! It rocks.