Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-28-2021, 05:49 PM   #15
Eham

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE
Is this what's going on with mine?? I typically leave it in Sport mode. I swear the car feels like it loses some power when i get on it. I was trying to figure out if it was just me, traction issues, etc. Lol didnt have these issues with the GT350.
Eham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 05:53 PM   #16
CW3SF

Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1 M6
Another interesting tidbit is that the different modes don’t make much difference in power to the ground. I dyno’d Sport mode with 8 sec hold down of TC button to turn everything off (Competition mode), Track PTM Race mode and standard Touring mode.

Sport Competition and Track PTM Race put down identical numbers and Touring mode put down only 5 rwhp/6 rwtq less than Sport and Race.
Kong Stage X Port, NW103, LPE HPFP, XDI +30 Injectors, ARH Headers, Flex Fuel, JMS Booster, AWE Touring, Elite E2-X CC. Stock heads, stock cam, stock pulleys: Tuned by KingLT1. 740whp Uncorrected on e50
CW3SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 07:20 PM   #17
semif18

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE White
So I tried today in Track mode, held button for 10 seconds. Floored it and no cutout so I think that's the answer. Mine is a manual. Thanks everyone!
semif18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 08:19 AM   #18
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I think there are tables that have different limits between A10s and M6s. I think A10s have a lot that are max'd out while the thresholds are lower for the M6s. And this probably has something to do with (to an extent), to why you guys have the bog you do. I think it has something to do with the torque spikes (or shock) you get with the stick when it unloads and reloads the drivetrain under loading and coasting. I imagine to lessen the shock in those moments, torque is softened, which reduces power and the resultant shock to the drivetrain.

Or (which is most likely), I'm full of sheet. The tables are there though. How much they do, I don't know, but I know they have an effect which can be manipulated. I do think it's reduced in Sport and Track though. Still - I think under certain conditions, as already been said, they might intervene and pull a little power.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 10:55 AM   #19
Tje66

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss procharged
Traction control

I go to the Dragstrip. And can only disable traction control not both because of my low tire pressure on my drag radials. Does not seem to hurt performance
Tje66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 01:22 PM   #20
SFV1LE

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue ZL1 1LE
Deleted due to duplicate
SFV1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 01:24 PM   #21
SFV1LE

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
Now try that on surface that doesn't slip.
I do this on warm CA days, using Hoosier R7 on a skidpad literally coated with a thick layer of hot rubber. This is the kind of place, in fact one of the most used actual places, that many car mags test G force cornering loads for new sports cars.

I use older Hoosiers for skidpad because they never crumble when they overheat, they can take a lot of heat and burnouts.

What conditions are grippier than that?
SFV1LE is offline   Reply With Quote