Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-29-2021, 08:48 PM   #15
1hprush
2018 ZL1 1LE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Well Done! PPF looks flawless, I'm sitting here admiring the wrap on the roof, it looks so good...where did you find an 1,800 mi '18 ZLE, and I thought my miles were low at 3,700.

Memories:

2017 50th Anniversary Camaro Convertible (Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper (Sold)
2005 Lingenfelter Corvette (Sold)
2004 Mazda RX-8 (Sold)
1hprush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 09:32 PM   #16
semif18

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE White
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hprush View Post
Well Done! PPF looks flawless, I'm sitting here admiring the wrap on the roof, it looks so good...where did you find an 1,800 mi '18 ZLE, and I thought my miles were low at 3,700.
Found it in Illinois, D&M Motorsports. Surprisingly had been sitting on the showroom for a while. The place that did my PPF and ceramic coating is a local small business owned by two brothers. They do fantastic work and go above and beyond for their customers. I won't go anywhere else. Took almost a week, which tells you how meticulous they are about making everything perfect.
semif18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 09:36 PM   #17
semif18

Quote:
Originally Posted by serper3 View Post
It looks awesome!

I can't see PPF edges at all! Do they wrap the edge of the PPF around the body panels or does the PPF go just up to the edge but it just can't be seen?
Depending on which panel they did it was wrapped around the corners or just taken to the edge. Took them a week. They are extremely meticulous. They want me to come back in 10 days so they can wash the car and double check the PPF and ceramic coating are still perfect. Anyone in the Fresno/Clovis area should look up WrapBros, I won't go anywhere else. Two brothers and they absolutely take care of their customers.
Old 03-29-2021, 09:49 PM   #18
DOMIN8TR

Drives: 2020 ZL1 Exorcist
Quote:
Originally Posted by semif18 View Post
Found it in Illinois, D&M Motorsports. Surprisingly had been sitting on the showroom for a while. The place that did my PPF and ceramic coating is a local small business owned by two brothers. They do fantastic work and go above and beyond for their customers. I won't go anywhere else. Took almost a week, which tells you how meticulous they are about making everything perfect.
That car looks nothing short of amazing! Just make sure to drive it like you stole it! I wish we had a place like that here. If you don’t mind sharing...how much did it cost?
‘20 ZL1 Exorcist #52 Riverside Blue A10
DOMIN8TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 06:42 AM   #19
semif18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMIN8TR View Post
That car looks nothing short of amazing! Just make sure to drive it like you stole it! I wish we had a place like that here. If you don’t mind sharing...how much did it cost?
I will drive the hell out of this.......for sure. My cars don't sit in the garage they get driven. It's not my daily driver, it's my weekend toy, but I'll drive it every single weekend. I paid $61,400. 2018, 1143 miles on the clock when it showed up. It does have the carbon fiber dash, which is actually really nice. Red seat belts and red stitching on the interior. The condition is as good as any brand new car on a lot today. Smells new. I tried to look up the Kelly Blue Book price but it said "Not enough information" for that year, or something like that so I honestly don't know if I got a deal or was ripped off. Doesn't matter at this point. Either way the car is awesome!
Old 03-30-2021, 06:58 AM   #20
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
I think you got a good deal for a 2018 ZLE with that low mileage!
Old 03-30-2021, 10:39 PM   #21
DOMIN8TR

Drives: 2020 ZL1 Exorcist
Quote:
Originally Posted by semif18 View Post
I will drive the hell out of this.......for sure. My cars don't sit in the garage they get driven. It's not my daily driver, it's my weekend toy, but I'll drive it every single weekend. I paid $61,400. 2018, 1143 miles on the clock when it showed up. It does have the carbon fiber dash, which is actually really nice. Red seat belts and red stitching on the interior. The condition is as good as any brand new car on a lot today. Smells new. I tried to look up the Kelly Blue Book price but it said "Not enough information" for that year, or something like that so I honestly don't know if I got a deal or was ripped off. Doesn't matter at this point. Either way the car is awesome!
For that amount of miles and that package, I’d be very happy. I only had my car about a month before I had to store it for the winter but I managed to put a little over 1300 miles on it. A lot of people are telling me that my car will be worth something some day because it’s a limited edition (52 out of 100) but I’m going to enjoy the 💩 out of it. I didn’t buy it to stare at it but as a stress reliever and something for my son and I to enjoy!

I should’ve been more clear about what cost I was asking about. How much was the detail, ceramic coating and PPF combined? I wouldn’t mind dropping a few bucks for a job like yours.
‘20 ZL1 Exorcist #52 Riverside Blue A10
DOMIN8TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 06:28 AM   #22
semif18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMIN8TR View Post
For that amount of miles and that package, I’d be very happy. I only had my car about a month before I had to store it for the winter but I managed to put a little over 1300 miles on it. A lot of people are telling me that my car will be worth something some day because it’s a limited edition (52 out of 100) but I’m going to enjoy the �� out of it. I didn’t buy it to stare at it but as a stress reliever and something for my son and I to enjoy!

I should’ve been more clear about what cost I was asking about. How much was the detail, ceramic coating and PPF combined? I wouldn’t mind dropping a few bucks for a job like yours.
So my price is a little skewed because the owner of the shop wanted the original tires, which I changed for Michelin Sport 4Ss, and he said he'd do the ceramic coating in exchange for the tires. Doing the full front of the car and the fenders, the small rear quarter panel above the front of the rear wheels, front carbon fiber hood, rear wing and black matte wrap on the roof was gonna cost $2250. He did a few extra things for me like put on rock guards front and back, put on the black gas cap, etc. I gave him $2500 (I'm an excellent tipper) and the tires and he did a full ceramic coating on the car with all the stuff I described. There are three packages for the ceramic coating if you got those on your own. Bronze is $1100 with a 2 year warranty, Silver is $1500 with a 5 year and Gold is $1900, also with a 5 year. I think the difference between the Silver and Gold package is the type of ceramic coating he uses, not 100% sure. So all of that with the coating would cost $3400ish+ depending on what level of ceramic coating you wanted. But this is one shop so obviously prices will vary. He admits he's a little on the high side but he backs it up with fantastic work. When he does wraps (car wrap not the PPF he did for me) he pulls the car apart, he doesn't just put the wrap on the outside of the panels, he wraps around the panels so all the tucks are perfect.