Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-14-2019, 05:48 PM   #43
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin19 View Post
Are we having fun yet? GM should let everyone here at camaro6 run the company, we would break it in about 2 months.
Haha, they don't need no stinkin' (smokin'?) help in doing that

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 06:11 PM   #44
ZL1Jetsfan

Drives: Camaro V8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chutzpah View Post
Making the 2020 top ten least reliable cars list doesn’t help matters.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...es/2578463001/

Just another reason why I dislike CR... I’d have no problem recommending a Camaro to a friend, or family member.
Reading that CR article makes me not want to buy a Camaro. Yikes!!
ZL1Jetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 10:28 AM   #45
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1Jetsfan View Post
Reading that CR article makes me not want to buy a Camaro. Yikes!!
CR is a big joke. They own huge amounts of Toyota stock and have a history of overrating them. There should actually be a law against it. During the Toyota sticking accelerator issue several years ago, CR bent over backwards to the point of getting defensive in protecting Toyotas rep. They actually offered a reward to anyone who could prove Toyotas issue was a valid issue.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 11:41 AM   #46
Rayvan
Rayvan

Drives: 2018 1SS1LE, Silver Ice Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
CR is a big joke. They own huge amounts of Toyota stock and have a history of overrating them. There should actually be a law against it. During the Toyota sticking accelerator issue several years ago, CR bent over backwards to the point of getting defensive in protecting Toyotas rep. They actually offered a reward to anyone who could prove Toyotas issue was a valid issue.
You beat me to it. I was going to say; GM can offer a car identical in every way, to an Accord or a Camry, CR would rate it badly. This was proven when GM was re-badging Corollas as Geo Prisms. CR's bashed the Prizms's reliability (far worse than average), and did not recommend it, while the Corolla had a glowing recommendation. That's what happens when you depend on your readers (most of them who know nothing about cars), to supply dependability information.

Back in the '90's I watched a co-worker (owned a Civic) fill out his annual CR auto-reliability forms. They give you five different spaces to add information about your car(s). He had ONE Civic, but he filled out all five spaces with cars he'd didn't own., one Ford two Chevys, and another glowing Honda Accord which he didn't even own. They guy just hated anything American. These methods are so far from scientific, it's ridiculous.

It changed my views of Consumer Reports, forever.
Rayvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 11:50 AM   #47
Ventura 1LE

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
What a joke this article is.
Ventura 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 11:54 AM   #48
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Guess we might as well get our orders in for a Mustang Mach-E, lol

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 12:53 PM   #49
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayvan View Post
You beat me to it. I was going to say; GM can offer a car identical in every way, to an Accord or a Camry, CR would rate it badly. This was proven when GM was re-badging Corollas as Geo Prisms. CR's bashed the Prizms's reliability (far worse than average), and did not recommend it, while the Corolla had a glowing recommendation. That's what happens when you depend on your readers (most of them who know nothing about cars), to supply dependability information.

Back in the '90's I watched a co-worker (owned a Civic) fill out his annual CR auto-reliability forms. They give you five different spaces to add information about your car(s). He had ONE Civic, but he filled out all five spaces with cars he'd didn't own., one Ford two Chevys, and another glowing Honda Accord which he didn't even own. They guy just hated anything American. These methods are so far from scientific, it's ridiculous.

It changed my views of Consumer Reports, forever.

Thats true and they did. CR reviewed the Pontiac Vibe. Then in another issue in the same year they reviewed the Toyota Matrix. The Pontiac got Mediocre reviews at best. The Toyota got Raving reviews. I guess CR was to stupid to know that the Vibe and Matrix were identical cars coming off the same assembly line except one was badged Pontiac and the other badged as Toyota.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 02:34 PM   #50
ssmofo

Drives: Chevy Camaro
The need to make the 6.2 550 NA that would sell some cars.
ssmofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 12:05 AM   #51
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirJangle View Post
I get that... to a point. If a more luxurious interior, better seating position, better visibility, etc. are desired, then one shouldn't be looking at this segment. It's a sports/muscle car not a family sedan. Expecting it to be more or something it is not isn't fair and doesn't make sense. I've driven lots of different vehicles in my time (51 years old), and I've loved all of them for different reasons. As with everything in life, there's always give and take.
Arguably they can get it from Ford and dodge.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 06:26 AM   #52
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
The whole point of starting this thread was because of all the car mag's articles I see on the Mustang. Just sick of seeing them and Dodge this and Hellcat that. They won't even do comparisons anymore, like saying what's the point.

To quote Mark Twain, "The rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated".
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 07:19 AM   #53
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.8TransAM View Post
Here is the answer GM is run by dumbasses.

How could you let the narrow window slits thru to production. The stupid belt line height that leaves you nowhere to place your left arm. A trunk that could be worth a damn, but there is that belt line making it a narrow slit again.

Those are all things normal people look for and it about a near pass as it can get if they feel any of those things.

We know once you get in the car and drive those issues literally melt away because the chassis is that good. The general public doesn't and never will.

Low seating position doesn't wreck sales, people not being able to see wrecks sales. The belt line does that wonderfully regardless of how well the car truly is.

Hell, if they were smart they could do a redesign changing only the belt line and making it have real windows and they would have a sure thing on their hands.....
And if they corrected all of those things, what would it be?

A Challenger, lol

I'm 5'9", I adjust the seat to the correct position, and yeah, I can put my arm on the sill, or the arm rest on the door. But then I have a manual so the left hand is typically on the wheel.

Vision is not a problem. There are those funny looking little things hanging on the doors. They're called side view mirrors. When adjust properly I can see every inch of the blind spot. With a little head movement, (I know, a lot of work to there) I can see two lanes over. (sarcasm not directed at you, just to the general public)

Trunk space? I don't know, it seems to me that a Camaro isn't something you take to Lowes or Costco. That's what trucks are for.

The chassis on this car is damn good. There is nothing this car doesn't do well.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote