Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Phastek Performance

Old 03-19-2019, 08:30 AM   #1
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
New Charger Widebody leaked

https://www.allpar.com/news/2019/03/...h--uJ6jdP4qhQs

I always was surprised they didn't do this from the start...and I would have bought one had they done so...

The irony here is that someone is really going to be up a creek without a paddle over this leak..
Attached Images

Old 03-19-2019, 09:07 AM   #2
JhonnyGTR

Drives: La Macarena
It's me or the two Front bumper showed are a little different from each other?
JhonnyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 09:14 AM   #3
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by JhonnyGTR View Post
It's me or the two Front bumper showed are a little different from each other?
They are the same, the poor picture quality and camo is throwing it off..
Old 03-19-2019, 09:35 AM   #4
rocket403

Drives: 80 Cutlass 403, 2010 FF RT
I think the WB look suits the Charger more than the Challenger
rocket403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 09:53 AM   #5
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

https://www.allpar.com/news/2019/03/...aW3EXTjUY_zPd0

More of the Widebody - someone actually caught it on the streets
Old 03-19-2019, 11:38 AM   #6
SSEssence
Instagram: Sangstah

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE
It was only natural for Dodge to go this route, should look decent I think.

Follow the build https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612717
SSEssence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 09:50 AM   #7
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
You have to tip your hat to Dodge. They have wrung more out of these two vehicles (Charger and Challenger), than I ever thought was possible by a manufacturer.

A. I want to see if the Mopar faithful are ever going to get a new platform. I know there have been Photoshop pics of a 'Cuda floating around the net for a handful of years now, but that seems to have gone nowhere. Is there any credible information on the topic?

B. If Dodge is going to continue to run these same two platforms for another decade, I'm intrigued to see what they'll come up with next.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 10:33 AM   #8
rocket403

To answer A and B questions from what I have heard FCA is going to rework these current platforms for the near future with some weight savings in mind but keep the size close to the same.
Why would they change much until the sales of these 2 drop off, there is some talk about coming out with a smaller Cuda on a different platform with smaller engines but all just speculation.
The update to the Charger the WB has been linked to a new 426 Angel Engine as well but again just rumors right now with some videos having some potential hints.
Old 03-20-2019, 07:23 PM   #9
witenite

Drives: 2010 2SS non RS
I never even thought about the widebody on the charger, should look good without the camo. I love it on the Challenger.
Old 03-20-2019, 08:01 PM   #10

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
The Charger and Challenger are proof that cars are bought based on styling....For years everyone has been predicting the old, outdated Dodge "platforms" will be the car's demise. Not so. The Charger and Challenger platform was fine years and years ago after it first came out, and it's still not a problem today for Dodge. Camaro keeps shaking their head wondering why their "platform" isn't selling more. Answer, those who research it may choose Camaro for its platform....Most just see the outside of the car and are good to go.

Perhaps the lesson that Challenger and Charger have learned is that if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 10:19 AM   #11
DRKS1D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
The Charger and Challenger are proof that cars are bought based on styling....For years everyone has been predicting the old, outdated Dodge "platforms" will be the car's demise. Not so. The Charger and Challenger platform was fine years and years ago after it first came out, and it's still not a problem today for Dodge. Camaro keeps shaking their head wondering why their "platform" isn't selling more. Answer, those who research it may choose Camaro for its platform....Most just see the outside of the car and are good to go.

Perhaps the lesson that Challenger and Charger have learned is that if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Unfortunately, that is not the case. FCA is not on solid financial ground. Both Fiat and Alfa sell very poorly in the US. Sales of Fiat fell almost 50% from '17 to '18 and Alfa didn't fair much better. Chrysler sells only two vehicles (one of which is the Pacifica minivan). That market has been dead for years. FCA will take care of Fiat and Alfa first and if the American companies they purchased, have to suffer...so be it. RAM builds trucks, so they are fine. Jeep is one of the best selling brands of 4x4's, so they are fine. Chrysler and Dodge would be the first to feel the heat. I'm actually surprised that Chrysler is still around and besides all of the fleet sales from Charger and especially the Challenger (27% annually), what else does Dodge have? The Journey is easily replaceable through Jeep. The Jeep Grand Cherokee already outsells the Durango >3:1 and if you don't absolutely require 3rd row seating, why even look at one? And again, the Caravan is simply in a dead market. They are indeed in a very tough spot.

That is why the Charger and Challenger are still running on the same >10 year old platforms with minor tweaks here and there. FCA delegates the money and the money is stretched thin. Speaking of money being stretched thin, let's not forget about the $$$ millions that were wasted on the design and development of the Chrysler 200 and the Dodge Dart. They were discontinued before the ink on the dealer brochures was even dry.

And I don't want to catch flak from the Mopar faithful. This is in no way a knock on Mopar's products. They are simply in a rough position. It was a nice gesture for Fiat to buy these brands, but with their backs against the wall, the Italian brands will be taken care of first, then the high-volume "American" brands, then the stragglers will be dealt with. It's sad to see, but the writing was on the wall when Marchionne attempted to sell Dodge a handful of times these past few years and nobody would return his calls.

I am in hopes that things turn around for them because when businesses compete, the consumer ultimately wins. This past decade, Chevy, Ford and Dodge have been putting on a show with these pony car wars.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
Old 03-21-2019, 10:46 AM   #12
rocket403

Doom and Gloom is what I have been hearing for years, I like the ride better than anything GM has, will these V8 cars be hear for long not sure but I will enjoy in for as long as I can.

If GM ever took there head out of their A$ and made a Monte SS/Chavelle 5 seat V8 then I would come back.
Old 03-21-2019, 10:46 AM   #13
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
Unfortunately, that is not the case. FCA is not on solid financial ground. Both Fiat and Alfa sell very poorly in the US. Sales of Fiat fell almost 50% from '17 to '18 and Alfa didn't fair much better. Chrysler sells only two vehicles (one of which is the Pacifica minivan). That market has been dead for years. FCA will take care of Fiat and Alfa first and if the American companies they purchased, have to suffer...so be it. RAM builds trucks, so they are fine. Jeep is one of the best selling brands of 4x4's, so they are fine. Chrysler and Dodge would be the first to feel the heat. I'm actually surprised that Chrysler is still around and besides all of the fleet sales from Charger and especially the Challenger (27% annually), what else does Dodge have? The Journey is easily replaceable through Jeep. The Jeep Grand Cherokee already outsells the Durango >3:1 and if you don't absolutely require 3rd row seating, why even look at one? And again, the Caravan is simply in a dead market. They are indeed in a very tough spot.

That is why the Charger and Challenger are still running on the same >10 year old platforms with minor tweaks here and there. FCA delegates the money and the money is stretched thin. Speaking of money being stretched thin, let's not forget about the $$$ millions that were wasted on the design and development of the Chrysler 200 and the Dodge Dart. They were discontinued before the ink on the dealer brochures was even dry.

And I don't want to catch flak from the Mopar faithful. This is in no way a knock on Mopar's products. They are simply in a rough position. It was a nice gesture for Fiat to buy these brands, but with their backs against the wall, the Italian brands will be taken care of first, then the high-volume "American" brands, then the stragglers will be dealt with. It's sad to see, but the writing was on the wall when Marchionne attempted to sell Dodge a handful of times these past few years and nobody would return his calls.

I am in hopes that things turn around for them because when businesses compete, the consumer ultimately wins. This past decade, Chevy, Ford and Dodge have been putting on a show with these pony car wars.
I personally disagree with the first statement but that's just me. You can get that long out of a platform provided you give the consumers what they ask for which most of the time, in this class of car, is more power. Think back to the fox body mustang. Then they came out with this new platform, and then a year later, a new engine and from my recollection it flopped.

Didn't realize there was much of a war going on

Said it before, and I'll say it again, Dodge's marketing is 1000000x better than anything Ford or Chevy has ever done.

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 12:05 PM   #14
DRKS1D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket403 View Post
Doom and Gloom is what I have been hearing for years, I like the ride better than anything GM has, will these V8 cars be hear for long not sure but I will enjoy in for as long as I can.

If GM ever took there head out of their A$ and made a Monte SS/Chavelle 5 seat V8 then I would come back.
Doom and gloom is; more often than not, embellished subjectivity. I stated facts about FCA's financial situation. It's very much public knowledge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydivorcegift View Post
I personally disagree with the first statement but that's just me. You can get that long out of a platform provided you give the consumers what they ask for which most of the time, in this class of car, is more power. Think back to the fox body mustang. Then they came out with this new platform, and then a year later, a new engine and from my recollection it flopped.

Didn't realize there was much of a war going on

Said it before, and I'll say it again, Dodge's marketing is 1000000x better than anything Ford or Chevy has ever done.
Again, I'm not here to argue guys. I simply enjoy the discussion.
I'm not bashing the platform's life cycle. For what Dodge has to work with (financially), they've done a good job. New engines, trim levels, wide-bodies, etc.. They've wrung the Hell out of this platform, but to say that they have the finances to design and develop a new car, but they choose not to...eh, I'm not buying it. Believe me, if they had the option, they would've put out a lighter, more nimble vehicle years ago with just as much, if not more horsepower. Easily, the biggest gripe on the Challenger, is the weight. Dodge has attempted to shave a few pounds here and there, but you have to work with what you are given. There's only so much you can do with a ~4,450 lb. car.

IMHO, there has been a car war going on for quite some time. Chevy, Ford and Dodge haven't been pushing each other to put out the nastiest pony car on the planet? ZL1 1LE, GT500, Hellcat, Demon???

I agree, their marketing department is terrific.