Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-18-2019, 11:15 AM   #1
stevkyle

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LT RS V6
Rust on NEW 2019 Seat Frames

Just purchased a brand new 2019 Camaro Coupe 1LT RS V6, first time Camaro owner and so far I love it!
HOWEVER, after grabbing something that slid under the seat I discovered rust on pretty much every piece of metal on the seat frame (passenger and driver's). There is no evidence of water damage on the carpet, nor bad odor and the rails that attach to the car frame are rust free. I took it to the dealer, we looked at others on the lot and while not as bad, some had standing moisture on them so were probably in the early process of starting to rust. They noted my account and said let's "wait and see". Not happy with this response, I contacted corporate but have not gotten a response.
My current theory is that perhaps they steam cleaned the carpets when the cars arrived and then let the cars sit wet, or perhaps it's simply from a wet winter and lots of moisture in the air and my car sitting for several months.
Anyone else seeing this?
Thanks, Steven
Attached Images

stevkyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 10:10 PM   #2
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
I just went out and looked at my car. While it is not as bad as yours, I also have some rust where the coating has come off the metal, that looks like yours.

I'd say that is probably normal. Those seat frames probably rode in on a rail car.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rust seat frame