Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-15-2019, 12:37 AM   #1
kurmaro

Drives: 2022 Camaro 1SS
Sub goes off when driving even with music off

I just got my sub installed and when the music was off (and even when on) there’s was this buildup of bass and then it going back down and it kept repeating. What’s the problem?

2017 1LT non-Bose system with factory amp.
kurmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 05:49 AM   #2
Gutling

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro 2.0 LT
You may need to unplug the anc mics in the door. Look at your door panels and see if you have little vents near the top back portion. You would remove the door panels and unplug them.
Gutling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 08:51 AM   #3
tecboy

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I had something similar happen with my system when it was first installed. I initially used a signal sense via my dsp to turn everything on...subs would fire after system was off and i was out of car...i switched to the wireless charging pad fuse to get the turn on signal...problem went away....not sure if your issue is same or not..
Old 03-15-2019, 10:51 AM   #4
kurmaro

Drives: 2022 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tecboy View Post
I had something similar happen with my system when it was first installed. I initially used a signal sense via my dsp to turn everything on...subs would fire after system was off and i was out of car...i switched to the wireless charging pad fuse to get the turn on signal...problem went away....not sure if your issue is same or not..
How did you do all of that?
kurmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 05:44 PM   #5
Redmoe

Drives: 2022 Vivid Orange ZL1 Vert M6
I had the same issue and I am pretty sure it was caused by the ANC. I captured a video of it when the car is started:

https://youtu.be/T0pr1Zt4g8E

This happened while driving as well. I bypassed the ANC with a Harness from Sub Thump. You can also depin the microphones from the connector at the amp:

https://youtu.be/ZgNS30uVKYs

You could test this by disconnecting the ANC connector shown in the video. I believe you will loose chimes/tones in the car but it should be able to prove the theory.

Last edited by Redmoe; 03-16-2019 at 06:10 PM.
Redmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 07:12 AM   #6
tecboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurmaro View Post
How did you do all of that?

I just took the remove turn on 12v input for all my equipment(2 amps and dsp) and ran it to the fusebox in the trunk...tapped off the wireless charge pad fuse...
Old 03-17-2019, 07:15 AM   #7
tecboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redmoe View Post
I had the same issue and I am pretty sure it was caused by the ANC. I captured a video of it when the car is started:

https://youtu.be/T0pr1Zt4g8E

This happened while driving as well. I bypassed the ANC with a Harness from Sub Thump. You can also depin the microphones from the connector at the amp:

https://youtu.be/ZgNS30uVKYs

You could test this by disconnecting the ANC connector shown in the video. I believe you will loose chimes/tones in the car but it should be able to prove the theory.

Do the non-bose systems also have ANC mics? I though this was only a feature of the Bose amp...???
Old 03-17-2019, 11:20 AM   #8
Redmoe

Drives: 2022 Vivid Orange ZL1 Vert M6
I can confirm that the v8 has them for the non-Bose. There was a thread on here about it as well. That’s what drove me to look into it as a possible cause of the feedback.
Redmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 04:35 PM   #9
Gutling

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro 2.0 LT
Yeah mine was non bose but still had an amp, and still had anc. Even with radio off, when i started car I would have thump and then a bass hum coming from the sub until i unhooked them, then problem solved.
Gutling is offline   Reply With Quote