Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 03-18-2019, 05:49 AM   #113
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinzx14r View Post
really didn't take a hit at all ..the 2015 mustang I traded in for the 2018 Camaro they gave me extra money for it for the mods I added ..So I was in the Camaro really good .. The Camaro was marked down from 39k to just below 32k.. So went in to trade in the 2018 Camaro with low low miles they gave me what I asked for it .. Putting me right at 42k out the door on the Challenger .. Challenger was MSRP of just over 46k ... Now that I have had all 3 cars I have come to the end of my bucket list ..
I also thought I had reached the end of my "Bucket List". I have a feeling you may not be at the end as a car enthusiast, I wasn't and just bought the ZL1 at age 70. Congrats on your new car.
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 10:16 AM   #114
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinzx14r View Post
Destroyer Gray
Very nice... My buddy Patrick was rolling around in a Destroyer Gray Widebody Scatpack Challenger loaner from Dodge at Woodward with me last year... along with my friend Eric in his ScatPack...and Patrick's wife in their Hellcat Challenger...
Attached Images

Old 03-18-2019, 10:24 AM   #115
7speed

Drives: 21 SS
https://youtu.be/iQGg9NRun08?t=451

1320 quicker by a few tenths than most stock SS autos for sure.
Old 03-18-2019, 11:05 AM   #116
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
Very nice... My buddy Patrick was rolling around in a Destroyer Gray Widebody Scatpack Challenger loaner from Dodge at Woodward with me last year... along with my friend Eric in his ScatPack...and Patrick's wife in their Hellcat Challenger...

Looks like a mean pack! Just got my 19' 392 Shaker about 3 weeks ago in the same color. Really like this Destroyer Gray but i always been in white cars for years as it was much easier color to deal with scratches lol. Got her tinted up the other day and ready to roll! Camaro was turned in the morning....
Attached Images

keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 03:49 PM   #117
Macmall

Drives: 2019 SS2 Camaro
Just got a new 2019 Camaro SS2 six speed...its a really nice ride and I absolutely love the heck out of it. I'm coming from a 2016 Scat Auto(bare-bone/cloth/no sun-roof).

The Challenger is a boat but its the most bad ass boat on the road, the Scats/Hellcats/Demons are just stupid awesome and in a straight line are really fun to drive(unfortunately roads are full of curves). I really like the Challenger but it does feel a little dated on the looks IMO even with the newish wide-bodies.

The Camaro is just a sexy ass automobile(I like the 2019) that is so damn fun to drive, it made me feel like driving for the first time again with the sun-roof,leather seats that are heated and cooled, pop up display on the window, how it sits, driving a stick again, the freaking cam on the Rear View Mirror, the RBG lights,etc,etc. It takes corners so well, its such a weird thing to drive it after driving the Challenger for so long.

Getting the clear bar and tint on tomorrow and then at 12000 miles replaces wheels and tires to all black.

Its all subjective but I would take the Camaro over the Challenger...but that's just me!

Last edited by Macmall; 03-19-2019 at 08:23 AM.
Macmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 04:07 PM   #118
keon718nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macmall View Post
Just got a new 2019 Camaro SS2 six speed...its a really nice ride and I absolutely love the heck out of it. I'm coming from a 2016 Scat Auto(bare-bone/cloth/no sun-roof).

The Challenger is a boat but its the most bad ass boat on the road, the Scats/Hellcats/Demons are just stupid awesome and in a straight line are really fun to drive(unfortunately roads are full of curves). I really like the Challenger but it does fell a little dated on the looks IMO even with the newish wide-bodies.

The Camaro is just a sexy ass automobile(I like the 2019) that is so damn fun to drive, it made me feel like driving for the first time again with the sun-roof,leather seats that are heated and cooled, pop up display on the window, how it sits, driving a stick again, the freaking cam on the Rear View Mirror, the RBG lights,etc,etc. It takes corners so well, its such a weird thing to drive its after driving the Challenger for so long.

Getting the clear bar and tint on tomorrow and then at 12000 miles replaces wheels and tires to all black.

Its all subjective but I would take the Camaro over the Challenge...but that's just me!

Welcome to the forums and congratz!!!
Old 03-18-2019, 04:25 PM   #119
Macmall

Drives: 2019 SS2 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by keon718nyc View Post
Welcome to the forums and congratz!!!
Thanks!

Been checking out these forums the last week, lots of great info on here for new owners. You guys all seems really cool and of course I love the forum debates about who/what's better.
Macmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 07:14 PM   #120
smokinzx14r

Drives: 2018 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin19 View Post
I also thought I had reached the end of my "Bucket List". I have a feeling you may not be at the end as a car enthusiast, I wasn't and just bought the ZL1 at age 70. Congrats on your new car.
Thank you ...I started with a 69 Boss 429 back in the early 70s , then a Camaro 69 SS 396 , the my 69 hemi roadrunner .. So I did a 2015 GT with a procharger and ran a 9.80 .. Did the 2018 Camaro and run a 12.01 , then back to the hemi car with the 2019 Scat Pack 1320 ..That was my bucket list .. Pretty happy right now to have it done... But you never know what might come my way ...
smokinzx14r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 07:16 PM   #121
smokinzx14r

Drives: 2018 1SS
Quote:
Looks like a mean pack! Just got my 19' 392 Shaker about 3 weeks ago in the same color. Really like this Destroyer Gray but i always been in white cars for years as it was much easier color to deal with scratches lol. Got her tinted up the other day and ready to roll! Camaro was turned in the morning....
love it !! love the shaker hood..
smokinzx14r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 10:27 PM   #122
ScatPack
Banned

Drives: None at the moment
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macmall View Post

The Challenger is a boat but its the most bad ass boat on the road, the Scats/Hellcats/Demons are just stupid awesome and in a straight line are really fun to drive(unfortunately roads are full of curves). I really like the Challenger but it does fell a little dated on the looks IMO even with the newish wide-bodies.

The Camaro is just a sexy ass automobile(I like the 2019) that is so damn fun to drive, it made me feel like driving for the first time again with the sun-roof,leather seats that are heated and cooled, pop up display on the window, how it sits, driving a stick again, the freaking cam on the Rear View Mirror, the RBG lights,etc,etc. It takes corners so well, its such a weird thing to drive it after driving the Challenger for so long.

Its all subjective but I would take the Camaro over the Challenger...but that's just me!
Im with you man. On 2 years with my 17 Scat pack. But mine has all the bells and whistles. But I still want a 6th gen auto with the 2ss and dual mode exhaust. I had corvettes before and the 6th gen is the closest thing to those but with the back seats I need.
ScatPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 07:43 AM   #123
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Great looking car!
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 08:20 AM   #124
keon718nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
Great looking car!

Thanks bud!!!! Trying to keep it clean is my next thing hehe
Old 03-19-2019, 08:54 AM   #125
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Car looks great man!!! Love that look..

I cross-shopped the Hellcat Chargers and reluctantly looked at the Challengers too...but wound up in a ZL1 because I couldnt get the same kind of deals on the Hellcats. I paid far less for a brand new A10 than I was getting deals on cars that were TWO years old for the Hellcats...
Old 03-19-2019, 09:08 AM   #126
keon718nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
Car looks great man!!! Love that look..

I cross-shopped the Hellcat Chargers and reluctantly looked at the Challengers too...but wound up in a ZL1 because I couldnt get the same kind of deals on the Hellcats. I paid far less for a brand new A10 than I was getting deals on cars that were TWO years old for the Hellcats...

Thanks man! I hear what you are saying for sure. There were a number of reasons i went this route now. Main reason is my daughter can't fit in the back seat anymore without her legs crossed and wife continued to B*tch about being to tight as she is big boned. Originally i rented a Stingray, fell in love with the way it drove but needed back seats to convince my wife it was ok for our daughter and lives... LOL. The 6.2L LT1 drew me in and made it easier to get into the Camaro at first glimpse.

Hellcats are awesome but to be totally honest its hard even to push the Camaro or Challenger on these screwed up roads here in NYC even without the supercharger. I needed something with balls similiar to the Camaro after driving it for some time. The front and back seats definitely fit the bill for the wifes concerns. Overall i am pleased and feel it has all the bells and whistles i was looking for in a car. Also i been in 4dr's most my life. The Camaro was the first new coupe i got into since a 95' MX6 that i blew the motor first week i had it. Maybe over time my need for speed will dissipate but for now i need some raw power in my life.