Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Phastek Performance

Old 01-31-2018, 05:25 PM   #29
kwav8r
Flyin NOE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 (A10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
Agreed. And the sad thing is, it doesn't take much to get these cars back to their glory. Update the fkn interior to Mercedes level and upgrade the tech to Lexus Level and blamo. At $150k, these cars will fly. Oh yea, and add 50 more hp. At least get them up to the 500 hp mark. They can do that. But, they choose not too for some reason. They spent their $ on that damn Levante when they should of upgraded the GT and designed a better 4 door.
The Italians aren't known for solid business practices to whit:
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/10/ital...ions-loom.html

Their university educated talent is leaving for work in other parts of the EU because the "old crowd" doesn't want to advance their business practices.

Under declaring income to avoid paying taxes was a national game for the longest time too. To crack down the Carabinieri were resorting to some draconian practices. The ONLY time I ever saw Carabinieri on the Autostrada (highways) it was the "Finanza". They would pull over high rollers and ask for their tax documents (which they had to have in their car). The Finanza cops would run their tax records on the spot and if Guiseppe was driving a +100K Euro car but only declared say 80K on his taxes they would impound it on the spot, haul it away and leave the driver standing on the side of the road (that's no shit too, I watched it happen twice).

Agree on the Maserati though, if they put in a luxury interior and put more muscle under the hood they would sell the #$@% out of them. In the meantime, it seems they're content to sell to them to women who don't know different (no offense intended, chicks dig them), check this out:

Chinese women buy three times more Maseratis and twice as many Ferraris than Western women do.

A third of China’s millionaires are women, and they buy a disproportionately large share of high-
performance sports cars in the world’s fastest-growing major economy. Fiat SpA said the percentage of women buying its Maseratis in China is triple that of Europe, while the percentage buying its Ferraris is double the global average, according to Bloomberg.
kwav8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 05:37 PM   #30
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwav8r View Post
The Italians aren't known for solid business practices to whit:
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/10/ital...ions-loom.html

Their university educated talent is leaving for work in other parts of the EU because the "old crowd" doesn't want to advance their business practices.

Under declaring income to avoid paying taxes was a national game for the longest time too. To crack down the Carabinieri were resorting to some draconian practices. The ONLY time I ever saw Carabinieri on the Autostrada (highways) it was the "Finanza". They would pull over high rollers and ask for their tax documents (which they had to have in their car). The Finanza cops would run their tax records on the spot and if Guiseppe was driving a +100K Euro car but only declared say 80K on his taxes they would impound it on the spot, haul it away and leave the driver standing on the side of the road (that's no shit too, I watched it happen twice).

Agree on the Maserati though, if they put in a luxury interior and put more muscle under the hood they would sell the #$@% out of them. In the meantime, it seems they're content to sell to them to women who don't know different (no offense intended, chicks dig them), check this out:

Chinese women buy three times more Maseratis and twice as many Ferraris than Western women do.

A third of China’s millionaires are women, and they buy a disproportionately large share of high-
performance sports cars in the world’s fastest-growing major economy. Fiat SpA said the percentage of women buying its Maseratis in China is triple that of Europe, while the percentage buying its Ferraris is double the global average, according to Bloomberg.
Don't forget their insane lease deals on the Ghibli. I think you can get into a Maserati now for under $800/mo or somewhere along those lines so as long as they are moving leases, well, they'll have more Mazzy's on the road.

I was paying $1800/mo on my GT lease. They tried to get me at $2100/mo. Even at $1800 I felt like I was getting it with no lube. But, you live and learn. I'll never buy another one.
Old 01-31-2018, 05:45 PM   #31
kwav8r
Flyin NOE

Quote:
Don't forget their insane lease deals on the Ghibli. I think you can get into a Maserati now for under $800/mo or somewhere along those lines so as long as they are moving leases, well, they'll have more Mazzy's on the road.

I was paying $1800/mo on my GT lease. They tried to get me at $2100/mo. Even at $1800 I felt like I was getting it with no lube. But, you live and learn. I'll never buy another one.
Holy #$@%.... The ZL1 compared to that has to feel like a blue light special, except faster.
Old 01-31-2018, 06:05 PM   #32
drfeelgood

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Convertible A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlezone580 View Post
You have a fair point after all this is a car forum. Nothing wrong with people talking about what could be better about a certain vehicle.

However, would you agree there's a better place to discuss this? For example, the VS section.

I'm not sure about you, but if I just bought a 80k + car I wouldn't want to hear people talking about the negatives.
, I think we are all giving it's pros and cons, especially those of us who were shopping for one. If he got it at $80k, I would say that that is the sweet spot for tat car given its performance. But not brand new at $150k, which is what my spec'd out GranCabrio would have been.

and as I mentioned, I actually love the car, and decided to buy the Levante S + ZL1 for a little more than I would have paid for the GranCabrio alone.
'17 White ZL1 A10 Convertible - TM ported TB - RotoFab CAI - 2.3" griptech upper pulley - Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with High Flow Cats - Borla S-type Catback - Audio Overhaul - NavTV M650-GM - 20" BlackDiForza- Michelin Pilot Sport4S - Tuned at BRC Raceworks (606rwhp/675trq)

'14 CTS-V Coupe - ZL1 lid - Ported TB - Ported Snout - AirRad CAI - 8.66" lower - 2.55" upper- Greenbelt - SW Headers - SW Catback - Varimax Intercooler Pump - Track Attack Intercooler-Tuned at BRC Raceworks (551rwhp/516trq)

'17 Maserati Levante- STOCK
drfeelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 06:11 PM   #33
kttxz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwav8r View Post
Holy #$@%.... The ZL1 compared to that has to feel like a blue light special, except faster.
Haha, well, mine was stickered at around $160k so, but I got in it at $149k I believe. That's a huge mo payment no matter what car it is. That's actually not that bad at that price point to be honest. My GTR that I had in '15 was $109k, was paying $1900/mo for it. No money down of course. I never put $ down on cars. So, $1800/mo on a lease with 12k miles too wasn't bad in all honesty. I ended up selling the car 3 months in privately at $139k with only 1000 miles on it. I ate the balance of the lease. Talk about a kick to the balls. We bought the Zl1 and the C63 for the same amount we were paying for the Mazzy so.
Old 01-31-2018, 06:19 PM   #34
kwav8r
Flyin NOE

Quote:
Originally Posted by drfeelgood View Post
and as I mentioned, I actually love the car, and decided to buy the Levante S + ZL1 for a little more than I would have paid for the GranCabrio alone.
Rock on dude, er, Dr.
Old 01-31-2018, 06:29 PM   #35
tritus

Drives: RIP Camaro/ 6g Mustang GT/Hellcat
Quote:
Haha, well, mine was stickered at around $160k so, but I got in it at $149k I believe. That's a huge mo payment no matter what car it is. That's actually not that bad at that price point to be honest. My GTR that I had in '15 was $109k, was paying $1900/mo for it. No money down of course. I never put $ down on cars. So, $1800/mo on a lease with 12k miles too wasn't bad in all honesty. I ended up selling the car 3 months in privately at $139k with only 1000 miles on it. I ate the balance of the lease. Talk about a kick to the balls. We bought the Zl1 and the C63 for the same amount we were paying for the Mazzy so.
Those numbers are insane, you should consider hiring a broker or doing some research before buying or leasing cars. Just because you have the money you don't have to throw it away like that. You can lease a Huracan or a 570s sub $2k range. I almost leased a Maserati GT for $960 a month (lower msrp car obviously) a little bit of time investment or paying someone $500 could have saved you enough $$ pay for the ZL1.
tritus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 08:19 PM   #36
kttxz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritus View Post
Those numbers are insane, you should consider hiring a broker or doing some research before buying or leasing cars. Just because you have the money you don't have to throw it away like that. You can lease a Huracan or a 570s sub $2k range. I almost leased a Maserati GT for $960 a month (lower msrp car obviously) a little bit of time investment or paying someone $500 could have saved you enough $$ pay for the ZL1.
Premier Leasing on a McLaren. They want $40k down to play ball, then it's in the $2800/mo range. I know because they are constantly hounding me to lease. haha.

You aren't getting into a $250k car on a lease for less than $2500/mo sorry. Plus, they give you 4000 miles a year. I want to drive my car.

Plus, we paid a premium on the mileage as we did 12,000 miles. I can only imagine how much a lease would be on a Huracan at 12k miles.

I can just join Ecurie25 instead. $10k membership fee and $2500/mo and I can drive whatever I want. I might look into that. Plus, Maserati never has lease deals on their GT's. Never. On their lower end cars yes. You can get into one for under $800/mo.

I did good on my Zl1 tho. Got a '18 new. $59k OTD. Put a few thousand down. Loving the payments. haha. The lease on our C63 AMG runs $719/mo, but that's 12k a year w/their service plan so. Not bad. Besides, we go through cars like water around here so we always lose and honestly, we don't care. It's just a car. I just bought the Zl1. I'm going to have $25k into it before I hit 2500 miles. I'll trade it in before the end of the year. Again, I'll lose. But, I'll enjoy every second of it.
Old 01-31-2018, 08:53 PM   #37
tritus

Drives: RIP Camaro/ 6g Mustang GT/Hellcat
Quote:
Premier Leasing on a McLaren. They want $40k down to play ball, then it's in the $2800/mo range. I know because they are constantly hounding me to lease. haha.

You aren't getting into a $250k car on a lease for less than $2500/mo sorry. Plus, they give you 4000 miles a year. I want to drive my car.

Plus, we paid a premium on the mileage as we did 12,000 miles. I can only imagine how much a lease would be on a Huracan at 12k miles.

I can just join Ecurie25 instead. $10k membership fee and $2500/mo and I can drive whatever I want. I might look into that. Plus, Maserati never has lease deals on their GT's. Never. On their lower end cars yes. You can get into one for under $800/mo.

I did good on my Zl1 tho. Got a '18 new. $59k OTD. Put a few thousand down. Loving the payments. haha. The lease on our C63 AMG runs $719/mo, but that's 12k a year w/their service plan so. Not bad. Besides, we go through cars like water around here so we always lose and honestly, we don't care. It's just a car. I just bought the Zl1. I'm going to have $25k into it before I hit 2500 miles. I'll trade it in before the end of the year. Again, I'll lose. But, I'll enjoy every second of it.

Pretty good deal on the ZL1. I know multiple people with $0 down sign and drive GT leases sub $1000 (best one I saw was $900ish dealership took +%30 off MSRP). Also when it comes to the exotics you can find dealer inventory cars sub 2k-3k mile range where they will work with you on the lease and sub %1 monthly payment of MSRP is attainable if you do your homework or hire someone to do the leg work for you. Just to be clear these deals don't just randomly show up and definitely pisses off the sales guys . If any sales person is reaching out to you that is just a bad deal to begin with.

I understand your pov but just throwing this out there. With whatever you "save" on your next car you can use that towards another toy or modding something you own. I am currently leasing 3 cars total MSRP around 160k and paying around $1,200 a month in total. As weird as it sounds I do enjoy the shopping process .
tritus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 09:53 PM   #38
kttxz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritus View Post
Pretty good deal on the ZL1. I know multiple people with $0 down sign and drive GT leases sub $1000 (best one I saw was $900ish dealership took +%30 off MSRP). Also when it comes to the exotics you can find dealer inventory cars sub 2k-3k mile range where they will work with you on the lease and sub %1 monthly payment of MSRP is attainable if you do your homework or hire someone to do the leg work for you. Just to be clear these deals don't just randomly show up and definitely pisses off the sales guys . If any sales person is reaching out to you that is just a bad deal to begin with.

I understand your pov but just throwing this out there. With whatever you "save" on your next car you can use that towards another toy or modding something you own. I am currently leasing 3 cars total MSRP around 160k and paying around $1,200 a month in total. As weird as it sounds I do enjoy the shopping process .
^ Damn. Well, I'll come to you when I want to buy my next car. haha
Old 01-31-2018, 10:12 PM   #39
BMWM.D.

Drives: ZL1/335i
We took one of these in on trade a while back, and it was my responsibility to look it over and test drive it.

My take: The sound was amazing. Probably the best sounding stock vehicle I’ve driven. But it was shockingly slow, the electronics looked pretty dated, and I really wasn’t impressed with the interior material quality given its sticker price. To me, it’s something you buy for the image. If you want attention, then it’s a good choice. If you want a great performance car, there are much better choices.
BMWM.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 11:27 AM   #40
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
haha, well, let's not mention how much $ i lose every buying cars so. It's a disease. Btw, I'm a bore. I sit on the computer all day long playing the crypto market. My friends think I'm a nerd and I play golf 3 days a week. I don't get out much. Oh yea, and I have a wife in Hawaii that I fly in every 2 months and she's back to Hawaii in 3 weeks so. My Doberman is my only true friend and she'll chew your fkn face off. I have a weird life that's for sure.

I randomly read this and had to respond...you sound a lot like me. My dog recently died though, she was 16. Hang on tight with the cryptos right now and enjoy the cars
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

93 octane: 712rwhp, 654rwtq / E85 (E66 mix): 734rwhp, 674rwtq (SuperFlow Dyno)
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 11:55 AM   #41
jaysonstuart

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
And lets not forget a bone stock SS is faster.

Too much money for a car that for the most part it's best asset is it "looks good".
jaysonstuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 12:54 PM   #42
StealthMan

Drives: 88 IROC-Z Convert, 08 Jeep Rubicon
Quote:
haha, true. there is nothing wrong with his purchase at all. At $80k. It's not a bad deal actually. I was speaking more of buying a new one at $150k. If anything, he did good. I'm the idiot. I bought one new at $156k, had it 3 months, then sold it. Lost my ass. So, I have no room to talk.
Well I bought it for $57.9K ...so I got a great deal and it is CPO. I sat in one in 2014 when I leased by Ghibli and they wanted $145K for it then. 3 years later I am buying it after the major depreciation for a great price. Enjoy your rides - they are beauties!

2012 Mercedes CLS550 (daily driver)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (love my Jeep)
2014 Maserati Ghibli SQ4 (gone)
1988 IROC-Z Convertible (bought it brand new and sold it 8 years ago)
Many many other cars in between...
StealthMan is offline   Reply With Quote