Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-17-2017, 01:49 AM   #43
G.Edwan

Drives: 2SS Sliver BS MRC NPP A8
Hi,

check this thread, it will help,

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=477795
G.Edwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 01:55 AM   #44
G.Edwan

Drives: 2SS Sliver BS MRC NPP A8
i had the same issue and it was fixed after multiple visits to the dealer, the replaced the parking brake shoe,
G.Edwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 03:47 PM   #45
Hyperlinkblue

Drives: 2017 1ss m6. Blue.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Anvil Garage View Post
I think I have the weld issue too. My "sqeak" is more of a high pitched "jingling squeak", for lack of a better word to describe it, when going over bumpy surfaces. Coming from the right rear side of the cabin behind the B-pillar seatbelt area. Does this sound like the weld problem sound?
Its possible, sounds like where mines coming from but mines more like a creak when the body gets torque applied to it, accelerating from a stop or going up my driveway/curb on a angle. Id say its a deeper tone.
Hyperlinkblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 07:42 AM   #46
ssrallyred

Drives: 2017 Summit White ZL1 M6
I have the noise only on the DS on rough pavement as well. Anyone find the true cause?
Old 03-01-2019, 06:29 PM   #47
Riker

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
I just had a passenger side rear squeak fixed this week. In my case, it was coming from the passenger C pillar. It happened when lighting accelerating from a stop or breaking to a stop, going over a surface that puts torque or twist loads on the chassis.

Turns out it was the same issue Hyperlinkblue mentioned. Dealer fixed it under warranty. They sent it to a local body shop, had to do the 3 spot welds. Completely resolved the issue. A very disappointing flaw though.
TRBTXD
8/9/16 - 2000 - New order placed
8/10/16 - 3000
~8/16/16 - 3400
9/20/16 - 6000 Delivered to Customer (That's me)
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 05:15 AM   #48
Fixa

Drives: 2018 1LE
Turns out it was the same issue Hyperlinkblue mentioned. Dealer fixed it under warranty. They sent it to a local body shop, had to do the 3 spot welds. Completely resolved the issue. A very disappointing flaw though.[/QUOTE]

Do you happen to have any pics of the area where the welds were done? Been dealing with a creaking sound in that area but it only it happens over 70 mph.
Fixa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 08:50 AM   #49
Rumhound

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
I had a squeak from the rear suspension driving me nuts. Only occurred on rough roads or start/stopping. I checked everything underneath the car - rock solid. Pulled the wheel off and found a small pebble stuck under the coil on the mount! I could see it scratched the coil a little. Popped the pebble out, touched up the paint and no more squeak. Hope this helps someone.
Rumhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 09:02 PM   #50
The_Dudebozo

Drives: 2016 2SS
Hey guys, thanks for everyone being detailed on this issue. I have my 2016 in the local dealer/body shop to get the welds done
Old 03-27-2019, 04:47 AM   #51
Soleil

Drives: Camaro 50th anniversary edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by sludaddy View Post
Hey guys just took my 2017 1LE in for this exact problem. The creaking sound seemed to originate from the passenger back seat area just below where the seat belt retracts into the C post. Drove me bonkers. Easy to replicate, creak when accelerating, creak when letting of gas. Was like driving a rocking chair. I ripped out the interior from the back seat to trunk. Lubed up all friction points I could underneath the car. I finally threw in the towel and took it to dealer today. They were able to hear the sound, did some research and found a service bulletin that fit my problem to a tee. There are 3 spot welds that weren't performed during manufacturing to the inner body which result in body flex and the creaking sound. The fix is to drill out 3 3/16 holes from inside the car and weld them proper. My car is supposed to be done tomorrow. I will report the results.
@sludaddy,
do you, or somone else have that service bulletin?
Soleil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 04:09 PM   #52
kleners

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro
Same anyone have the Service Bulletin number of title? my 2016 2SS is at the dealership now and they "cant find the cause of it" and "cant find the TSB im talking about".

UPDATE. When i get home i think i found the TSB. I cant see it at work. I will investigate.

17-NA-259
Body Creak Noise From The Rear Seat Area
This technical bulletin provides a procedure to weld the rear panels together in the rear of the car to correct the condition of a creak noise due to the contact of two metal panels in the rear of the vehicle.

Also there is another for upper tray contact.

17-NA-196
Tapping, Tick And/Or Rattle Noise From Rear Package Shelf

Last edited by kleners; 04-15-2019 at 04:46 PM.
kleners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 08:33 AM   #53
Soleil

Drives: Camaro 50th anniversary edition
Yes, this is the one. but does sombody have the TSB?

#17-NA-259 - Body Creak Noise from Rear Seat Area
Soleil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2023, 06:04 AM   #54
Driium

Drives: '17 SS
Sorry to bring this back from the dead, I'm just now getting this noise on my 2017 and of course I'm out of warranty. Was your repair done under warranty or did you have to pay out of pocket? I'm curious how much it will cost to have this tsb applied if I have to foot the bill.
Driium is offline   Reply With Quote