Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 11-01-2018, 09:50 AM   #57
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
Just stop Bro. It's not the Camaro's fault... The Magazines just never tested it in as good air, at as good a track or with as good a driver as they tested the Mustang.
Aside from that being partially true comparing drag race times different days and locations means nothing. Why does this keep being brought up? It’s literally ass wiping material.

It’s almost like some of these people don’t know what they are talking about, are biased and or have no personal experience with the cars

Those of us that have been going to the track already know how they run. It’s a drivers race period. Anyone trying to pass off a .4 difference is a damn fool

So why hasn’t anyone done a proper head to head with the autos ? Should be extra interesting now if the a10 is setup halfway decent in the SS. But I’m worried it will be riddled with TM
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 10:00 AM   #58
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Just stop Bro. It's not the Camaro's fault... The Magazines just never tested it in as good air, at as good a track or with as good a driver as they tested the Mustang.
Obviously we just don't get it. Each and every test ever conducted with the 6th Gen in regards to 1/4 mile was conducted in horrible conditions, with horrible drivers, and should be no indication at all of the performance capability.

Can we apply the above standards in regards to the Mustang GT's reviewed track times where it performed poorly?
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 10:13 AM   #59
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
Aside from that being partially true comparing drag race times different days and locations means nothing. Why does this keep being brought up? It’s literally ass wiping material.

It’s almost like some of these people don’t know what they are talking about, are biased and or have no personal experience with the cars

Those of us that have been going to the track already know how they run. It’s a drivers race period. Anyone trying to pass off a .4 difference is a damn fool

So why hasn’t anyone done a proper head to head with the autos ? Should be extra interesting now if the a10 is setup halfway decent in the SS. But I’m worried it will be riddled with TM
When the 16 SS came out and was gaping the GT by a half second or more, I doubt the magazines were objectively trying to wring the the last 10th out of the SS. In fact, Lutz directly stated in the Hot Rod review that they were effing around the whole day and "this is not how you test a car". The 18 GT was released with the specific intention of of running better than the 11.9 benchmark set by the SS fast list.

Bold - I'm looking at you newmoon. We know how the gen6 SS runs ...now in its forth model year ...its a given

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 11:03 AM   #60
ULTRAZLS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
When the 16 SS came out and was gaping the GT by a half second or more, I doubt the magazines were objectively trying to wring the the last 10th out of the SS. In fact, Lutz directly stated in the Hot Rod review that they were effing around the whole day and "this is not how you test a car". The 18 GT was released with the specific intention of of running better than the 11.9 benchmark set by the SS fast list.

Bold - I'm looking at you newmoon. We know how the gen6 SS runs ...now in its forth model year ...its a given
Reviews done on the same day show them to run near identical between manual cars.

We also have a review showing an auto mustang failing to outrun a manual SS

Funny this is the only thing never mentioned. The only tests that even hold any significance. And then we have piles of private owner times showing the same.

But we are going to focus on mag tests done on different days? It’s like the special Olympics in here
Old 11-01-2018, 11:20 AM   #61
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
Reviews done on the same day show them to run near identical between manual cars.

We also have a review showing an auto mustang failing to outrun a manual SS

Funny this is the only thing never mentioned. The only tests that even hold any significance. And then we have piles of private owner times showing the same.

But we are going to focus on mag tests done on different days? It’s like the special Olympics in here
The special Olympians on this site proclaimed that only Mag tests were fair and unbiased... just sayin.

now its same day only mag tests... which I don't think actually ever happens, they just edit it to look that way.
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 11:47 AM   #62
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:

So they were trying but not really trying. OK I got it.

Maybe they were trying but not really trying in every review where the GT didn't come out on top?
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 12:17 PM   #63
hotlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
So they were trying but not really trying. OK I got it.

Maybe they were trying but not really trying in every review where the GT didn't come out on top?
We all know that you're just trolling.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
Old 11-01-2018, 01:45 PM   #64
ULTRAZLS1

Quote:
The special Olympians on this site proclaimed that only Mag tests were fair and unbiased... just sayin.

now its same day only mag tests... which I don't think actually ever happens, they just edit it to look that way.
It’s only and always been same day/location tests. Nothing else is valid. Not much else to say.

Funny it must kill the mustang crowd that the Camaro has still been faster stock. If that wasn’t the case we wouldn’t still be hearing this same old tired argument
Old 11-01-2018, 03:34 PM   #65
hotlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-99SS View Post
I have to say, things are really looking great when both V8 cars from Ford and Chevy are breaking into the 11's. Being so close makes them more of a driver's race which is good for business too.

I can't fault either camp for making very high performing cars!
I agree completely with this. Both cars are at a satisfying level of performance as delivered. The SS has the advantage of not needing a magical combination of options and modes. They are all equal for street use. 1LE transforms them into legitimate track stars.

My cars are always bought to be daily driven so its great to finally be at a level where a SS needs nothing. Power, handling, braking, tires, etc. Excellent. Warranty intact.

Ronald Reagan -
Old 11-01-2018, 03:48 PM   #66
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
I agree completely with this. Both cars are at a satisfying level of performance as delivered. The SS has the advantage of not needing a magical combination of options and modes. They are all equal for street use. 1LE transforms them into legitimate track stars.

My cars are always bought to be daily driven so its great to finally be at a level where a SS needs nothing. Power, handling, braking, tires, etc. Excellent. Warranty intact.
But that is where the fun just starts. Full speed ahead, damn the warranty!
Old 11-01-2018, 04:29 PM   #67
hotlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
But that is where the fun just starts. Full speed ahead, damn the warranty!
Mine needs to start when its -5º F

You want excitement? Drive a SS on stock size Sottozeros with DA -4500 ft.

Ronald Reagan -
Old 11-01-2018, 06:00 PM   #68
smokinzx14r

Drives: 2018 1SS
Anyone up for a real test ? Someone with a Stock GT A10 race me with my stock SS A8 at BMP in FL .. 4 runs , two in each lane .. ..Winner is the one with the Best ET , NOT the one that got there first , we are racing the clocks ..

These cars need to be 100% stock... But to take the crying out of it like "I spun or I would have won shit " Both cars will use a drag radial tire .. Same size 305/45/17 on the rear .. Front tires and rims will be stock.. Pump 93 gas from the same gas station close to the track .. Driver weights need to be within a few pounds each other ..

I'm good with anyone bringing a well known tuner to check both cars for a tune so no cheating ..

Anyone up for it lets do it !! We can also Video the hole thing so everyone can see it was a fare test ..

You can bring a pro driver if you want ..I will be driving my own car ..
smokinzx14r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 06:40 PM   #69
Snowblind

Drives: '16 2SS / '05 SRT10 Ram / '65 bu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
We have a new competitor in the mix. The Challenger 1320. Seats are optional and Dodge is claiming the 1320 will run 11.7 and the extra seats are optional. And it comes with the Dodge drag racing goodies. Man Dodge sure knows how to leverage this old hoss for maximum play. $46K + seats.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/mi...solation-prize
I agree that Dodge knows how to wring out every ounce of marketing with this Jurassic period platform, good for them.

So for $4K more you get beefier half shafts, a trans brake (man am I jealous about that one), Nexen drag radials...and the 114lb weight reduction by taking out unused seats ? A sucker born every minute.

Smokinzx, don't get wrapped up in the 'yote troll drama. They run good, but some guys on this forum just run better
Old 11-02-2018, 03:36 AM   #70
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Above is no different than some of the Hero times posted in this forum right? Published reviews of the A8 SS seem to settle in the 12:30s to 12:50s yet we have many in here claiming 11s 100% stock .

For the A10 GT the published reviews are in the very low 12s and high 11s, its much easier to believe owners running 11s based on these reviewed results.
Still trying to count Evan's run ain't ya?? No dice bro. BTW, which of the two is faster between the manual Mustangs and the manual Camaros? Just curious. Why does the GT have to be optioned a specific way to get those times out? And how long did it take for them to get this fast? And what kind of overhaul did it take? LOL, they had to completely re-do an already re-done platform after only 3MYs just to keep up and that is pathetic. Nobody is impressed with that shit.

Quote:

ARE YOU JOKING??!! LOL!! You and every Mustang fan from here to M6G have been talking about "same day same track" ever since the GT350R could not beat the SS 1LE's track time. That was a year and a half ago. I for one have been saying that same day might account for an insignificant difference if the runs are on the same track whereas you jokers tried to say differently.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote