Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 06-28-2016, 12:56 PM   #113
Hawayanzl1

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
Boycott that dealership. Lol j/k
Hawayanzl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 08:58 PM   #114
Rusty35

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
Yes you agreed and then pointed out to me what was right and wrong on a moral level. Why you did that only you could say, but taken at face value you want to remind that none of those things were alright.

Fantastic. Except that I never said any of them were. This like me reporting I had a flat tire at 80mph on the highway, and you chime in "you know you were breaking the speed limit right". It has nothing to do with the flat tire, but you want to make sure right and wrong is understood.
You keep saying "on a moral level", all of the things you mentioned are illegal .

Its more like if you spit in my face, there is no justification for me to spit back in your face.
Rusty35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 08:56 AM   #115
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipstyledsm22 View Post
I expected more out of this story.

You really should've followed up with them and grinded until a good solution was made. No telling how many people experience bad services and then let it go by the way side.

Bad service is cancer to a business. It only takes one person to create a massive load of bad rep and then the entire dealership/company is labeled as a terrible place to go.
I sent Chevrolet customer service an email. We shall see.
Old 09-03-2016, 09:01 AM   #116
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '18 Accord Sport
is this still an ongoing event? c'mon man let it go. not worth it. move on with your life.
Old 09-03-2016, 09:32 AM   #117
URBAN LEGEND

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarky View Post
is this still an ongoing event? c'mon man let it go. not worth it. move on with your life.
Really? You make it sound like I'm a loser.

Would you let it go if this happened to YOUR Honda Accord? Would you?
Old 09-03-2016, 10:17 AM   #118
Trickskier
Native Floridian

Drives: 2014 - ZL1 / 2003 - Corvette
While I do not condone the actions of the service writer - Was any damage done to your ZL1 when he slammed the keys on the deck lid? Scratches or dents?
Old 09-03-2016, 03:31 PM   #119
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
He's still there?? That guy would've paid for my polishing job outta pocket!!!! I can't see him still having a job if it were me, with letters to GM, threats of court action and invoices all over the friggen place. Oh no.....don't even try it with me.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 03:45 PM   #120
URBAN LEGEND

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
He's still there?? That guy would've paid for my polishing job outta pocket!!!! I can't see him still having a job if it were me, with letters to GM, threats of court action and invoices all over the friggen place. Oh no.....don't even try it with me.
As far as I know yes.

This is about principle. If he did that in front of me I can only imagine what happens in the bays when you are not watching.

A great product with a bunch of unprofessional people handling it after the sale.
Old 09-03-2016, 04:55 PM   #121
Curts14

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS LS3; 1967 Camaro SS
The product is only as good as the service behind it. Be sure to fill out the survey GM will send you by email. You should get a $100 coupon good towards your next service at "any" Chevrolet dealership of your choice. I know, because I got one from Chevrolet after the poor service I received from a dealership.
Curts14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 12:20 PM   #122
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND View Post
As far as I know yes.

This is about principle. If he did that in front of me I can only imagine what happens in the bays when you are not watching.

A great product with a bunch of unprofessional people handling it after the sale.
That in a nutshell defines my history with Chevrolet products and service. The products have improved over time, but we still have mediocre service in many service centers. With every new chevrolet that I've purchased there has been an issue with service (including the PDI installation of my front air winglets....that took two months to resolve).

Its shameful but I believe that I would lose it if I saw this act on my property. It would be ugly at the least........

Edit: This happened to your car? I wasn't clear on the thread. I'm sorry to hear of this. Was there damage?
Edit 2: Nevermind, I saw the first post. This was awhile ago so I didn't remember.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 12:37 PM   #123
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Well OP, I'm sorry for what happened, no excuse whatsoever. Hope you get this resolved.

And for the people that keep going to the grave on how shitty Chevrolet/service is. You really can't say that. I worked as a service porter (Person to accepts the car, plastics and papers, and drives it into and out of the service bays) at a Cadillac dealership that my father owned for a long time, our service was top notch, anything we damaged we replaced hands down, hell we'd even replace things that the customer believed we damaged within reason (Cracked speaker grill, flat tire, that sort of thing). And I can speak to the frustration of the techs and porters and managers, people always want things done for warranty, people try to claim you damaged something on the car that has been there for years etc. To say that Chevrolet has somehow magically WORSE service than darn near any other brand is ridiculous. I'd wager that a Ferrari dealership still has their rude techs and managers...

Basically what I'm saying is...SHIT HAPPENS. And it's rare that people make an effort to COMPLIMENT. But anyone who has been wronged 9 times out of 10 will go well out of their way to shit all over their service/brand/dealership etc. This is a known fact.

Once again, no defending the key-slammer, not saying anyone is wrong here. No excuses. But just keep in mind, millions of customers have complete satisfaction with no issues/damage.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote