#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-29-2018, 08:19 PM   #15
01cbr929

Drives: Which one?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95bat View Post
Thanks for the input. I actually DD my C7 right now, which is probably why I'm wanting something more comfortable. I would buy a DD, but then I'd have a Corvette sitting in the garage 6/7 days of the week, feels like a waste of money. I think I may go check out a ZL1 non-1LE.

Back on topic, your awesome 1LE!
If you enjoy all aspects of your C7 excluding ergonomics and how hard it can be to enter and exit I would recommend looking at two cars.
1) ZL1
2) Current Gen. CTS-V (little more cash of course, but a VERY practical car for DD)
01cbr929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 08:35 PM   #16
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Those were the 2 colors I was wrestling with until I decided to wait on Crush.

You should have gone to CamaroFest in your neck of the woods a couple weeks ago. Was a good time.

...and Welcome to the forum
Mlee, I saw you on lethal camaro's video from camarofest 8.
I definitely want to make the trek from cleveland down there next year..
Although, all of the videos i have seen from youtube for this years CamaroFest, most of them make comments about how small the attendance was this year..
Not sure why it looked so small compared to last years event.
What did you think of this years Camarofest?

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 06:19 AM   #17
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack46 View Post
Mlee, I saw you on lethal camaro's video from camarofest 8.
I definitely want to make the trek from cleveland down there next year..
Although, all of the videos i have seen from youtube for this years CamaroFest, most of them make comments about how small the attendance was this year..
Not sure why it looked so small compared to last years event.
What did you think of this years Camarofest?
Attendance was most definitely up over last year. We moved the car show over near the vendors this time and since judging wasn't until Sunday things were a bit spread out until then. The drag strip had 105 cars tech'd in last year and this year 181. AutoX was up by quite a few as well and the road track sold out earlier than before. It's really hard to count cars and everyone has their estimates but I can assure you each year in BG the attendance grew and each year we try and bring some improvements.

This year it was parking lot party and CamaroCross... Next year improvement focus will be on Car Show and we will make adjustments in the Drag racing classes as more racers are coming on and try to get more test and tune time. I can also see something happening on Sunday as well. More to come and hope you join us next time.

Old 07-30-2018, 05:12 PM   #18
95bat

Drives: 2016 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01cbr929 View Post
If you enjoy all aspects of your C7 excluding ergonomics and how hard it can be to enter and exit I would recommend looking at two cars.
1) ZL1
2) Current Gen. CTS-V (little more cash of course, but a VERY practical car for DD)
My plan was to upgrade to a CTS-V once I got tired of the Vette. Now I am not sure I want to pay that much just to watch depreciation take it all. The ZL1 is a lot faster, too. The CTS-V is about as quick as my Vette I think. Plus, the two times I've been to a Cadillac dealership, cars in the front of the building had flat tires, AC system not working, and CUE system not working! Not really giving me a good feeling about spending $90k on a car lol.

I had a car boner for the Lexus GS F, but $90k for a high 12 second car was NOT appealing.
95bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 06:45 PM   #19
jjgi5150

Drives: 2022 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND View Post
Welcome to people taking pictures and recording your car. True story.
I have to agree. One of my usual morning Starbucks stops has garnered an amazing disparity of photographers of my ZLE. They have ranged in age from teens to elderly. Most have done full walkarounds, and many have shot pics of details. it all just makes me smile. Its nice to be retired to get to drive and enjoy the full range of fun this car offers.

The ZLE is great car for sure. Congrats to the OP, it'll grow even more on you.

JJ
2023 Hyundai SF Calligraphy
jjgi5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 10:02 PM   #20
01cbr929

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjgi5150 View Post
I have to agree. One of my usual morning Starbucks stops has garnered an amazing disparity of photographers of my ZLE. They have ranged in age from teens to elderly. Most have done full walkarounds, and many have shot pics of details. it all just makes me smile. Its nice to be retired to get to drive and enjoy the full range of fun this car offers.

The ZLE is great car for sure. Congrats to the OP, it'll grow even more on you.

JJ
Thanks JJ - I certainly hope I keep this car for a few years at least! The only other car I've been having the itch for is a CTS-V Wagon with a stick, recaros, and not black. Thats a hard bill - and I found one a few months back while I was between careers so I was nervous to drop 50k+ for a garage queen.

Maybe in a couple of years I'll be flush enough to add one to the stable.
Old 07-30-2018, 10:04 PM   #21
01cbr929

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95bat View Post
My plan was to upgrade to a CTS-V once I got tired of the Vette. Now I am not sure I want to pay that much just to watch depreciation take it all. The ZL1 is a lot faster, too. The CTS-V is about as quick as my Vette I think. Plus, the two times I've been to a Cadillac dealership, cars in the front of the building had flat tires, AC system not working, and CUE system not working! Not really giving me a good feeling about spending $90k on a car lol.

I had a car boner for the Lexus GS F, but $90k for a high 12 second car was NOT appealing.
The current gen CTS-V (3rd gen I suppose) is quick. However for other cars it contends with it is a bit slower. However it is cheaper than its contenders.

A Charger Hellcat would be the best alternative - but I feel the handling would be disappointing. BUT, its got a pair of nuts.
Old 07-31-2018, 09:30 AM   #22
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
Congrats OP and nice CETA as well!
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 10:51 AM   #23
closs2sx

Drives: 1970 chevelle
While I didn't buy my 2018 zl1 1le to get looks or people taking pictures it's kinda nice that they don't as much as they do when I drive the Z06. While its great to see that the automobile interest is alive and well it gets old and sometimes dangerous when people are driving and trying to video your car so the fact that the zl1 1le doesn't get as much attention as the z06 is a blessing but since both have enough get up and go to get out the the situation i soon have a smile on my face lol
Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic
Dads Car
2013 ZL1 vin 963
Crystal Red Tint Coat/Black Wheels
Exposed Carbon Fiber Insert
6 Spd Manual
closs2sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 09:33 PM   #24
01cbr929

Quote:
Originally Posted by closs2sx View Post
While I didn't buy my 2018 zl1 1le to get looks or people taking pictures it's kinda nice that they don't as much as they do when I drive the Z06. While its great to see that the automobile interest is alive and well it gets old and sometimes dangerous when people are driving and trying to video your car so the fact that the zl1 1le doesn't get as much attention as the z06 is a blessing but since both have enough get up and go to get out the the situation i soon have a smile on my face lol
Thats funny, I felt like people could have cared less for my C7.... granted it wasn't a Z06
Old 07-31-2018, 09:51 PM   #25
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
Here in Central Texas Z07s are normal.
Old 08-01-2018, 07:05 AM   #26
Ten4Lou

Drives: 2018 ZL1 NGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND View Post
Here in Central Texas Z07s are normal.
I agree. I live just north of Houston in Magnolia and there are plenty Z06's around, especially around the woodlands. Very, Very rare to see a ZL1!

Last weekend, my wife and I took our Z for a Sunday drive up to Brenham for brunch. While cruising on Hwy 290, we noticed lots of people slowing down to look us over. Had a guy and his wife in a blue Mustang Cobra pull next to us and gave us a big wave. There was also a group of sport bikers that passed us but then slowed down and cruised next to us for a bit to check out the car. Then they gave a vigorous thumbs up before they took off again Wife and I we just cruising the speed limit in the right lane the whole time and really enjoyed the attention that comes with this car. We had no idea when we bought it. Fun stuff!!!

By the way, I am new here as well. Been reading through this forum for awhile making sure that the Z would suit us. I've been driving a 2014 SS w/manual trans and all I can say is WOW to this 10 speed!! This Z is my daily driver but I have a little GMC Canyon for bad weather days.

Cheers,
Lou
Ten4Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 11:19 AM   #27
SLO

Drives: Slo'ly
Congrats to the OP.... I had the EVO IX and X and a Tundra lol. Went onto a few others, 135i, 335i, 370z <--(biggest mistake), SS Trailblazer, CTS-V coupe (unable to push myself to spend the extra $$$ for the wagon).

Now just have the ZL1 non-1le and my silverado.
SLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 07:22 PM   #28
Repman

Drives: 18 Black ZL1-1LE
Nice car congrats on a sweet ride
Repman is offline   Reply With Quote