#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 08-29-2023, 08:03 PM   #1
Bangkok_ZL1
ZL1 Believer

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
The Results are in.....

OK, For those of you that remember. About 2 years ago (Before I got deported from my home in Thailand for a year because of a COVID paperwork snafu). I installed a few small items onto my 2019 RHD ZL1 at the suggestion of a few here on the forum. One of those items was a Mighty Mouse Catch Can Wild. I installed this can with 7,000Km (about 4,000 Miles). I have since returned to my home after my "Penalty" was paid along with some work time spent travelling. I have driven "Miss America" from time to time. I now have 18,000km or a little over 11,000 miles and I'm preparing to install Jannetty's 125 kit and an interchiller with the spacers (heat is a real issue here in Thailand). So as I promised, I would give a clear eval of how this catch can worked. And just so you all know. I drive the car pretty wild on the street here.... Because this is Thailand, people basically do what they want (People driving the wrong way on the shoulder, 5 lanes of traffic on a 3 lane road, etc...). It's the wild west here....

As you can see in the pics. with 4000 miles even the intake ports were soaked in oil. The entire top of the supercharger was drenched. And much of the bricks were clogged in oil (even though in this pic you can't see it much, but they were loaded with oil). I was shocked at how much oil was being passed into the induction system.

When I took off the top two days ago, I was pleasantly surprised to see almost no oil. Only a tiny drop. and I'm not sure that this drop wasn't from before or because I haven't drained my can in a while and maybe it's getting a little full. The pictures speak for themselves. I'm happy with my MM Wild purchase. I will write MM and tell them the results also. Because I told them if this can didn't get the job done, I'd let everybody know, and if it did, I'd do the same.

The real test..... I'd buy this apparatus again. And thank you to all the forum members that gave me this advice. And also for those members that told me to buy the ZL1 Add-on lift pads. But that's another story for another Post.
Attached Images

Bangkok_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 08:07 PM   #2
2023_ZL1-AUTO

Drives: 2023 ZL1 - Modified All Bolt On's
Great test and great results ! I wish I could same the same for my situation but I'm in major troubleshooting mode at the moment with my catch can! Enjoy your ride!
2023 ZL1 A10 - CSP 2" Long Tube Headers by Stainless Works | Gesi G-Sport High Flow CATs | Stainless Works Legend NPP Axle Back | Roto-Fab Big Gulp | Kong NM103mm | Kong X-Port/Polish w/Griptech 2.3" Upper | Granatelli Malevolent Coil Packs | Granatelli 0 Ohm Plug Wires | Katech Valve Covers w/Coil Relocation | FI Interchillers Blower Spacer Plates | Mighty Mouse Mild | JMS Flex Fuel Booster | DSX Flex Fuel Kit | DSX Billet Lid | DMS 2gal Fender Tank | NT555R2's 305/285 | AEM w/b AFR | Banks iDash Data Monster | HPTuners MPVi3 Module and Licenses (ECU & CCM) | Remote Tuned by Ted at JRE
2023_ZL1-AUTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 07:36 PM   #3
ZX-10R

Drives: 2019 ZL1 Riverside
These cars all need a catch can installed ASAP. Lots of blowby, which is kind of shocking considering the limited boost pressure (compared to something like a new M3 or RS3)

After seeing many comparisons, I still prefer the Elite E2-X "Ultra" which will fit even though it's a little tight.

https://www.eliteengineeringusa.com/e2-x-catch-cans/
ZX-10R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2023, 10:06 AM   #4
Schlok

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #397 2022 ZL1 #1799
Glad you're back up and running! Looks good brother.
Schlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2023, 10:34 AM   #5
Mark R

Drives: 2018 ZL-1
I'm also glad you are up and running again. I missed the deportation post.

I am also a strong advocate for catch cans. I have the EX-2, I believe.

Still waiting for pics of your ZL-1 with a bunch of Thai hotties posed on it though......

And you thought I would forget.
Attached Images

Mark R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2023, 10:55 AM   #6
Bangkok_ZL1
ZL1 Believer

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark R View Post
I'm also glad you are up and running again. I missed the deportation post.

I am also a strong advocate for catch cans. I have the EX-2, I believe.

Still waiting for pics of your ZL-1 with a bunch of Thai hotties posed on it though......

And you thought I would forget.
I have a "girly" bar that just opened about 100 meters from my house. When my car is back up and running, I'll have them on the car. They are pretty fine....

Bangkok_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2023, 11:02 AM   #7
Mark R

Drives: 2018 ZL-1
I look forward to the pics.
Mark R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2023, 02:35 PM   #8
CalgaryZL1

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangkok_ZL1 View Post
I have a "girly" bar that just opened about 100 meters from my house. When my car is back up and running, I'll have them on the car. They are pretty fine....

Someone’s gotta live the dream
CalgaryZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2023, 03:09 PM   #9
2023_ZL1-AUTO

Drives: 2023 ZL1 - Modified All Bolt On's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark R View Post
I look forward to the pics.
2023 ZL1 A10 - CSP 2" Long Tube Headers by Stainless Works | Gesi G-Sport High Flow CATs | Stainless Works Legend NPP Axle Back | Roto-Fab Big Gulp | Kong NM103mm | Kong X-Port/Polish w/Griptech 2.3" Upper | Granatelli Malevolent Coil Packs | Granatelli 0 Ohm Plug Wires | Katech Valve Covers w/Coil Relocation | FI Interchillers Blower Spacer Plates | Mighty Mouse Mild | JMS Flex Fuel Booster | DSX Flex Fuel Kit | DSX Billet Lid | DMS 2gal Fender Tank | NT555R2's 305/285 | AEM w/b AFR | Banks iDash Data Monster | HPTuners MPVi3 Module and Licenses (ECU & CCM) | Remote Tuned by Ted at JRE
2023_ZL1-AUTO is offline   Reply With Quote