Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Phastek Performance

Old 05-12-2016, 01:59 PM   #15
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modshack View Post
Perfectly normal. You need a clear view of the Satellite. The same thing will happen in heavily wooded or hilly areas as well in the cities where there are tall buildings.
Good to know. Thank you , sir!
Old 05-14-2016, 07:50 AM   #16
Rosco

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldman View Post
Where was your antenna placed? Was it in the same location as your other vehicles?
The after market antenna I had on was small and sat on the roof just behind the windshield seem about center.

I am in a wooded area, and the reception is bad based on my area. Can't change the area though! I am looking to swap out the factory antenna with an aftermarket one. If it gives me the reception I assume it will, I'll post it up.
Rosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 09:53 AM   #17
RicknCheryl

Drives: 1990 IROC-Z, 2017 ZL1
Inconsistent GM sat radio reception

Did you install the new antenna? If so, what were your results?

I'm a 5-1/2 year SiriusXM subscriber. Worked great in a 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS and a 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS. I just bought a new 2017 ZL1 and the signal drops constantly. Took it to the dealer and they gave me a 2017 1LT as a loaner. Reception in the loaner car was also great. They gave me the ZL1 back and said that all the software was current and radio was operating according to spec. Reception is still terrible. Trying to get them to explain why a new Camaro and two old ones had good radios but my new ZL1 doesn't. No joy yet.

Would appreciate replies from anyone who's been successful in getting this fixed.
RicknCheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 11:33 AM   #18
mrtoner

Drives: 2016 SS Nightfall Gray
I frequently drive round trips from Vegas to LA, and the reception on my XM is flawless.

Course, I don't live where there are "heavily wooded areas..."

Had the car 5 months now and it still works, so I guess I got the full year.....
mrtoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 05:02 PM   #19
Keifer
Summit White 2SS

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS, 2018 Tahoe
There is a bulletin out about XM reception. If you notice XM muting in the same spot it could be due to interference from AT&T. Apparently if AT&T does work on their cellular towers sometime it creates interference that disrupts the XM audio. The answer is to call XM customer care and report the location (intersection, cross streets, direction of travel). They will contact AT&T and they can do something to reduce the interference. I reported a couple of locations and one day I realized it was no longer a problem.

Old 08-20-2017, 03:43 PM   #20
deidrewolf

Drives: 2015 Camaro
Thumbs down AT&T Reception

OK, where/to what number do you report AT&T Reception problem areas?

When I got my 2015 Camaro I had very few issues except the usual overpasses, etc but since the start of the year, I am passing satellite towers and completely lose signal for 15 minutes! Even driving next to tall trees or a tractor trailer blocks my signal now, so something has changed and it is driving me crazy! I love my SXM Radio, but hate all the new disturbances in signal!
deidrewolf is offline   Reply With Quote