Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-12-2019, 08:20 AM   #15
ICTsccaCamaro
ITCRNRS

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by protovack View Post
not sure but I just recently sold mine because it was too much car
You can control how much power they make with the right side pedal....
Old 03-12-2019, 09:27 AM   #16
shawndean22

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE
waiting to sell mine for an m3, want a sedan now.
shawndean22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 09:35 AM   #17
zx9rmal

Drives: '20 ZL1 M6
Many for sale? I dunno. Here in the south Florida area I've only seen ONE other 1LE in the 2 years I've had mine.
'22 Kawasaki ZX-14R
zx9rmal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 09:56 AM   #18
Jeb114

Drives: 2021 300
These days 2 dr cars are hard to live with. If's it's your only car having no room in it gets old. If it's your second car and your other car is a crew cab pickup you can live with it a little longer. Also this time of year all the Pickup's are giving almost $10,000 off in incentives. and after a year or two in a small car you want to spread out. Also a lot of couples are expecting additions to the family after the winter cabin season.
Jeb114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 10:05 AM   #19
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgocifer View Post
This!

Not sure what country you're in, but the economy hasnt been this good in decades. ;-)
Profile says Long Island, so it's probably true in that case, what with the lost revenue from no Amazon Headquarters.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 10:16 AM   #20
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor Jesus View Post
Most of the people that post on a car forum are enthusiasts so it's natural you'll see the more performance oriented model more often.

I honestly believe people get too excited and impulse buy the 1le thinking its rare and special and then realize they made a ton of them on the 6th gens and they aren't rare or that special either.
This would be my guess ^
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 10:36 AM   #21
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICTsccaCamaro View Post
You can control how much power they make with the right side pedal....
FYI: If you search and review his post about comparing the 1LE to the 2.0T you will find there is more to it then the power.

When I search my area it's about balanced on what I see for sale. More v6s then anything but there were a lot more v6 built then the SS or 1LE to begin with.

Jut to add: I think some like the look of the 1LE and the wider stance and convince themselves they can live with a stick but get tired of shifting as a daily driver. Just a thought
Old 03-12-2019, 11:03 AM   #22
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Because most of these that are for sale were daily drivers and the owners found out quickly that the 1LE isn't the best option for a daily. The Camaro in general isn't a great daily, the 1LE even more so. Unless you track the car a regular SS is a better option.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 12:25 PM   #23
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
LOL. I think some of you have some reading to do.

If you have a 401K or B and can afford to max out your contributions every year then the economy is great for you. And remember, to make a $40K yearly income from your 401K-B you need $1,000,000 when you retire. Otherwise even if you max out social security that's another $28K @ 66-70 depending on your age right now.

Only 65% of American workers have access to a 401K-B. Out of these less than 10% can afford to max out yearly contributions and many do not use it. So for 10% of us things are going great.

IF the stock market continues to climb. And the experts agree there will be a large correction in the coming year or two. The key here is getting out the day before that happens. It will come back maybe in 5-10 years. Half of the government going to jail makes things even shakier.

In general wages are stagnant and not keeping up with inflation. Besides all this there seems to be a universal trend for companies to squeeze their workers dry for greater profit to benefit that 10% of us. Even white shirts have to fill out a time sheet to measure how much time they spend in the bathroom. kids come out of college owing 100s of thousands of dollars. And 10 years to pay it back. Or else their wages are garnished.

My advice is to get yourself in that 10% if possible. You are at least in the game. The rest of us are screwed. We fight about politics but that is just what the political parties want. The people really running the country live in gated communities. They own both parties.

And the 1% is laughing all the way to the Veyron dealer.

But to stay on topic. SS 1LEs just like ZL1 1LEs are more likely to be put back on the market because they are not a good fit for most people who do not track. It's that simple.

Last edited by Fraxum; 03-12-2019 at 12:37 PM.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 12:54 PM   #24
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
i have yet to see a 6th gen 1le in Western NY.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 02:14 PM   #25
Hops

Drives: 2019 1ss 1le, blue wrap
I've only seen ss 1le's at the dealer and in their natural habitat (the track). I have not seen a single ss 1le on the street!
Hops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 02:48 PM   #26
Raptor Jesus
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
LOL. I think some of you have some reading to do.

If you have a 401K or B and can afford to max out your contributions every year then the economy is great for you. And remember, to make a $40K yearly income from your 401K-B you need $1,000,000 when you retire. Otherwise even if you max out social security that's another $28K @ 66-70 depending on your age right now.

Only 65% of American workers have access to a 401K-B. Out of these less than 10% can afford to max out yearly contributions and many do not use it. So for 10% of us things are going great.

IF the stock market continues to climb. And the experts agree there will be a large correction in the coming year or two. The key here is getting out the day before that happens. It will come back maybe in 5-10 years. Half of the government going to jail makes things even shakier.

In general wages are stagnant and not keeping up with inflation. Besides all this there seems to be a universal trend for companies to squeeze their workers dry for greater profit to benefit that 10% of us. Even white shirts have to fill out a time sheet to measure how much time they spend in the bathroom. kids come out of college owing 100s of thousands of dollars. And 10 years to pay it back. Or else their wages are garnished.

My advice is to get yourself in that 10% if possible. You are at least in the game. The rest of us are screwed. We fight about politics but that is just what the political parties want. The people really running the country live in gated communities. They own both parties.

And the 1% is laughing all the way to the Veyron dealer.

But to stay on topic. SS 1LEs just like ZL1 1LEs are more likely to be put back on the market because they are not a good fit for most people who do not track. It's that simple.
I have nightmares about getting stuck at a party and someone like you coming up and talking to me and I can't get away.
Raptor Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 03:43 PM   #27
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor Jesus View Post
I have nightmares about getting stuck at a party and someone like you coming up and talking to me and I can't get away.
Thanks. Just trying to help!

BTW cool screen name.
Old 03-12-2019, 07:37 PM   #28
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
Originally Posted by protovack View Post
not sure but I just recently sold mine because it was too much car
To each his own. Personally I cammed my 5th gen SS because I wanted more. If I decide to get a 6th gen one day, it too will likely get power upgrades as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgwarlock View Post
Need dough...economy is down.
Well out around NYC people out there voted in nuts like AOC who run off job opportunities. Sorry to hear you're struggling.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote