Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-14-2021, 09:07 PM   #15
NotFast

Drives: 2021 LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
With all the rolling blackouts that keep happening in Com-I mean, California, I really can't take that promise seriously.

Rolling blackouts are all over the southern US this year, chief. It's hard to say this is solely a California thing.
NotFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 09:27 PM   #16
43Camaro

Drives: [COTW 8/3/15] 2010 Camaro SS L99
I’m another middle class tax payer that left and will never return. Best decision I’ve ever made, changed my life for the better in so many ways. Once a great state now turned into a crime ridden, transient camp, free hand out ash pit.

43Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 11:02 PM   #17
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by 43Camaro View Post
I’m another middle class tax payer that left and will never return. Best decision I’ve ever made, changed my life for the better in so many ways. Once a great state now turned into a crime ridden, transient camp, free hand out ash pit.
I have to admit, moving to CA was, by far, the best financial decision of my life (moved here during the housing bubble bust of 2011) and lost the job I came here for (company got sold) and ended up in a MUCH better job, but I will absolutely be leaving in 5-6 years when I retire... And I'll never look back...
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 11:06 PM   #18
Puddin

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
With all the rolling blackouts that keep happening in Com-I mean, California, I really can't take that promise seriously.

Unless... They do figure out a way to make electricity out of unicorn farts. Now we are talking!

As for Canada, I would like to see how everything will work in the -30 C/-20 F weather we have around the interior provinces.
Oh they do and they're trying everything they can to make it happen sooner rather than later. Seems like everybody is on board worldwide. The European Union just announced today that they too plan to phase out ice cars by 2035.
Puddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 10:07 AM   #19
Mister Will

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddin View Post
It's the electric push and I hate to say it but they put the same 2035 ban on new ice vehicles in Canada like us as well. California is just kinda speed running their way to 2035.
Yep, and as we approach that date watch how permits for gas stations start to be denied.
Mister Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 12:03 PM   #20
Puddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Will View Post
Yep, and as we approach that date watch how permits for gas stations start to be denied.
Yep now you can't even have a tune on your car in California. They apparently start testing next week which sucks for people with modded cars.
Old 07-15-2021, 12:06 PM   #21
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
meh im still good for another 2 years lol maybe ill just sell it and buy a 2022
Old 07-15-2021, 12:29 PM   #22
Staves

Drives: women crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
haha a ss isnt fast
LOL…….the moron has spoken.
Old 07-15-2021, 01:01 PM   #23
kropscamaro16

you really think a 455hp car is fast? but you always seem like the kinda guy that wouldnt want to void his warranty...

its not ive riden with my buddy on track in his zl1 1le and that thing is a rocket...
Old 07-15-2021, 01:45 PM   #24
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddin View Post
Oh they do and they're trying everything they can to make it happen sooner rather than later. Seems like everybody is on board worldwide. The European Union just announced today that they too plan to phase out ice cars by 2035.
Well, they say that, but whether or not it's possible or if people are cool with it remain to be seen.

The whole generation issue aside, distribution will also generate a pretty big bill that someone has to pay for.

Battery tech has been relatively stagnant, too. Solid-state batteries have been promised over and over and yet, no one knows when they are really deliverable in a consumer-friendly manner.

Quote:
you really think a 455hp car is fast? but you always seem like the kinda guy that wouldnt want to void his warranty...

its not ive riden with my buddy on track in his zl1 1le and that thing is a rocket...
If you never track the car, it's plenty fast, really.

On a track is where I feel like I could use some more, maybe.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 03:15 PM   #25
Staves

Quote:
No, I don’t think a 455hp car is fast not at all. It’s really too slow for the streets. I mean 3.9 0-60…..it takes FOREVER!! LOL.

I commuted for 10yrs on my cbr1100xx which was a low 10 sec 1/4 mi bike.
Yet somehow my SS still feels fast. How is that?

But you seem like the kind of a guy that would happily void his warranty bc you’re stupid. You don’t have to look past your sad attempts to construct sentences. You probably financed your SS for 96 months and have a net worth of $4.
Old 07-15-2021, 04:00 PM   #26
kropscamaro16

haha good try my shit is paid off since march how much longer does the bank own your camaro?
Old 07-15-2021, 04:03 PM   #27
Puddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staves View Post
No, I don’t think a 455hp car is fast not at all. It’s really too slow for the streets. I mean 3.9 0-60…..it takes FOREVER!! LOL.

I commuted for 10yrs on my cbr1100xx which was a low 10 sec 1/4 mi bike.
Yet somehow my SS still feels fast. How is that?

But you seem like the kind of a guy that would happily void his warranty bc you’re stupid. You don’t have to look past your sad attempts to construct sentences. You probably financed your SS for 96 months and have a net worth of $4.
Some of us do this as a hobby so maybe you shouldn't be such a dickhead and get you a hobby too. As you can see he actually tracks his car so maybe he needs the extra power. You seem to really hate modded cars maybe you should move to a platform that people don't really mod like maybe a Geo Metro or a Pontiac Aztec that way you have a car that matches your personality.
Old 07-16-2021, 03:44 PM   #28
Staves

Quote:
haha good try my shit is paid off since march how much longer does the bank own your camaro?
You should re-enroll in 3rd grade. You can learn how to use a period. It's what separates sentences.

The amount I own on the camaro is identical to your IQ: zero.