Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 05-09-2019, 07:38 PM   #15
Jonnydz

Drives: 2017 1ss 1le
So it seems like no one really has any hard data. Randy made some observations and suggestions but Chevy has no info on this. Guess u have to really just experiment on your own. Even in this thread the info is all over the place. Wish we could get a Chevy engineer to chime in.

Last edited by Jonnydz; 05-10-2019 at 05:56 PM.
Jonnydz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 10:24 AM   #16
zx9rmal

Drives: '20 ZL1 M6
I've been driving in Sport mode since I bought the car, for the much better street throttle response over Track. I just decided to try Tour mode and I "think" I notice slightly better throttle response over Sport. Is there a difference or is it just my perception? Thanks.
'22 Kawasaki ZX-14R
zx9rmal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 11:41 AM   #17
Ryephile
Hot Dog

Drives: '17 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnydz View Post
So it seems like no one really has any hard data. Randy made some observations and suggestions but Chevy has no info on this. Guess u have to really just experiment on your own. Even in this thread the info is all over the place. Wish we could get a Chevy engineer to chime in.
Anyone with HP Tuners and a stock tune file can see the Driver Demand tables.

Map A = both "Tour" and "Sport" modes, Map B = "Track" mode, Map C = "Snow/Ice" mode.
Old 05-16-2019, 10:32 AM   #18
Kmeleon

Drives: 2018 NFG 2SS 1LE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx9rmal View Post
I've been driving in Sport mode since I bought the car, for the much better street throttle response over Track. I just decided to try Tour mode and I "think" I notice slightly better throttle response over Sport. Is there a difference or is it just my perception? Thanks.
Track has the closest to instant throttle response of any of the modes. Just sit in neutral and stab the throttle quick and let off right away. In any mode other than Track I can stab the throttle and lift off without the engine revving hardly at all. In Track it actually revs fairly quickly.
Kmeleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 11:22 AM   #19
zx9rmal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmeleon View Post
Track has the closest to instant throttle response of any of the modes. Just sit in neutral and stab the throttle quick and let off right away. In any mode other than Track I can stab the throttle and lift off without the engine revving hardly at all. In Track it actually revs fairly quickly.
Hmmm, my experience, as well as most others that have posted elsewhere, see the opposite. Track mode is dead until about 2/3 throttle.
'22 Kawasaki ZX-14R
Old 05-16-2019, 11:54 AM   #20
VinnAY
Account Suspended

Drives: 18 1SS/1LE
I agree with the throttle in track there's more travel or whatever you want to call it.
VinnAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 08:01 AM   #21
Kmeleon

Drives: 2018 NFG 2SS 1LE!
Quote:
Hmmm, my experience, as well as most others that have posted elsewhere, see the opposite. Track mode is dead until about 2/3 throttle.
I think we're talking about two different things. I'm talking about initial throttle response meaning when you press the gas pedal how quickly does that translate to revs on the engine. I believe you're talking about how linearly the throttle application is, or throttle curve. In Track mode the throttle application is linear from 0-100% which gives you much smoother application in Race conditions where as in Sport or Touring mode it tends to exaggerate the application of the throttle (you don't have to press the pedal fully to the floor in order to get WOT, in Track you do).

There is a definite delay when pressing the throttle in any mode but Track. In Track mode, its as close to instantaneous as you can get.
Kmeleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 09:34 AM   #22
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
I think we're talking about two different things. I'm talking about initial throttle response meaning when you press the gas pedal how quickly does that translate to revs on the engine. I believe you're talking about how linearly the throttle application is, or throttle curve. In Track mode the throttle application is linear from 0-100% which gives you much smoother application in Race conditions where as in Sport or Touring mode it tends to exaggerate the application of the throttle (you don't have to press the pedal fully to the floor in order to get WOT, in Track you do).

There is a definite delay when pressing the throttle in any mode but Track. In Track mode, its as close to instantaneous as you can get.
I've never attempted that in the 1LE but know exactly what you are talking about, quick blip to the floor as fast as you can and the engine barely reacts. I've done this on lesser cars with drive by wire.
Old 05-17-2019, 01:09 PM   #23
KCelsius

Drives: 2018 Summit White 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
I wonder if that's what I noticed as you decel.
Car's in third or fourth gear, let off the accel pedal and the car goes into decel fuel cut-off for a few seconds, then goes out of cut-off momentarily, then right back into cut-off.
Watching instantaneous fuel mileage you can see it jump from 99mpg to 30something then back to 99mpg all on it's own.
I believe the engine going in and out of decel fuel cutoff (DFCO) is due to a diagnostic the vehicle is running. Every key cycle, the ECU needs to run a diagnostic on the engine while coasting and in DFCO for emissions purposes. If this test fails, it will keep running and you may feel the vehicle come out of DFCO while coasting. But once the test passes, you should be able to maintain DFCO while coasting for the rest of that key cycle. Unfortunately, not much you can do about as it's built in feature that's related to emissions.

Also, the torque shaping to go to DFCO is different in tour/sport and track. I believe that when you're in tour/sport, torque will ramp down to DFCO torque. But when you're in track, torque will go down to DFCO torque like a step function. That's probably why some of you feel that "coasting" feeling when you step off the gas pedal.
KCelsius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 10:21 AM   #24
zx9rmal

Quote:

I hear you, but that's not my experience in my car, for whatever reason.

In sport and tour, initial throttle response is right there. I've switched back and forth several times, and track just doesn't respond like that. It's definitely not linear in my car. If anything, in my perception, sport and tour feel linear.

I've been using tour mode only for the throttle response, and it feels a bit livelier than sport. I think someone indicated that the maps are the same, and what I feel is certainly not scientific, so take it with a grain.
'22 Kawasaki ZX-14R
Old 05-20-2019, 12:38 PM   #25
Boost Creep

Quote:

In sport and tour, initial throttle response is right there. I've switched back and forth several times, and track just doesn't respond like that. It's definitely not linear in my car. If anything, in my perception, sport and tour feel linear.

I've been using tour mode only for the throttle response, and it feels a bit livelier than sport. I think someone indicated that the maps are the same, and what I feel is certainly not scientific, so take it with a grain.
Going from the LS3 in my C6 to the 1LE, the 1LE throttle mapping in "Track" mode is closer to the "normal" mapping on a LS3 than "Tour" or "Sport" which are more aggressive.
I've gotten use to the throttle in "Sport" and "Tour" and when I switch to any of the "Track" PTM modes the throttle feels numb, even though it's closer to normal.
Old 05-20-2019, 01:05 PM   #26
zx9rmal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
Going from the LS3 in my C6 to the 1LE, the 1LE throttle mapping in "Track" mode is closer to the "normal" mapping on a LS3 than "Tour" or "Sport" which are more aggressive.
I've gotten use to the throttle in "Sport" and "Tour" and when I switch to any of the "Track" PTM modes the throttle feels numb, even though it's closer to normal.
That's what I'm feeling. Do you notice a difference in throttle response between
tour and sport.
'22 Kawasaki ZX-14R
Old 05-20-2019, 04:25 PM   #27
Boost Creep

Quote:
That's what I'm feeling. Do you notice a difference in throttle response between
tour and sport.
Not really, seems almost the same, if anything "Tour" might be a little more generous. Nothing like the difference once you go into the "Track" modes.
Old 06-11-2019, 07:13 PM   #28
maraging

Drives: 15 1ss 1le
Quote:

Mine feels strange in track mode. Taking.off from a stop the initial throttle feels very dead. Idk compared to my 15 it just feels strange. Hard to explain.
maraging is offline   Reply With Quote