#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 10-05-2021, 02:06 PM   #365
5.M0NSTER

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
first track day with them the abs was kicking on hard and im not a fan of the modulation on streets they arent bad but my front rotors look pretty beat up from only 3 track days so far...
Interesting to read your feedback. I found them perfectly fine on the street, love how quiet they are and how I can daily them. Well, few times a week anyway.

I haven't noticed much wear after about 3500 street miles and 3 track days yet.

They haven't faded on me yet, they are predictable and consistent. But I'm not a huge fan of them on track, particularly when comparing to PFC08, which I adore.

I think it's because all the pads I used before had a slight rise in friction with temp. So if I keep the pedal constant, I get a bit more friction towards the end of the stop. Which I like, since I generally try not to start baking until I see GOD. And with that approach, and DTC60s, I end up really pressing on the pedal HARD at the end of the stop to shed enough speed so I don't dive bomb the corner. Not the most confident feeling.

I could just start braking earlier, but nah... because RACE CAR!

So they do work for me, have not failed me yet, even with repeated braking from 140mph, but just not the most confidence inspiring feel with my driving style.
5.M0NSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 02:10 PM   #366
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER View Post
Interesting to read your feedback. I found them perfectly fine on the street, love how quiet they are and how I can daily them. Well, few times a week anyway.

I haven't noticed much wear after about 3500 street miles and 3 track days yet.

They haven't faded on me yet, they are predictable and consistent. But I'm not a huge fan of them on track, particularly when comparing to PFC08, which I adore.

I think it's because all the pads I used before had a slight rise in friction with temp. So if I keep the pedal constant, I get a bit more friction towards the end of the stop. Which I like, since I generally try not to start baking until I see GOD. And with that approach, and DTC60s, I end up really pressing on the pedal HARD at the end of the stop to shed enough speed so I don't dive bomb the corner. Not the most confident feeling.

I could just start braking earlier, but nah... because RACE CAR!

So they do work for me, have not failed me yet, even with repeated braking from 140mph, but just not the most confidence inspiring feel with my driving style.

yea i agree they arent a bad pad but not for me and they are super hard on rotors like people said and the dust is horrible it rained and poured yesterday here and i had to go home and wash my wheels/car lol
Old 10-05-2021, 02:56 PM   #367
HD_ZLE

Drives: 2020 ZLE
I'd like to add a few notes from personal experience over a handful of trackdays at multiple tracks in California (Laguna and Thunderhill) and Texas (COTA)

Stock pads worked well for me as I was learning the car and tracks. Once I got faster I was heating them up a lot and was losing bite towards end of sessions.

I then upgraded to Ds1.11 as a small step up in bite but a more consistent temperate pad. These pads never skipped a beat at any of the California tracks and were consistent with good bit all day long.

First day at COTA on ds1.11 brakes were fine since I was slow and learning the track (yay). End of day 2 with faster lap times and more confidence I managed to glaze the ds1.11 such that the pedal became inconsistent, pedal travel was changing, and and wound up too deep into brake zones as they weren't grabbing.

I've since switch to Cobalt XR1's and have not looked back. At a track as demanding as cota, these have not skipped a beat. 3 days on them so far and are wearing well (likely get 8 days or so out of them) Great pedal feel, bite and modulation. A little strong for the 3r tires (you'll fell ABS a bit until you figure them out), but on slicks they are magic. Although steep price, I would highly highly recommend for fast demanding tracks

best,
Old 10-05-2021, 08:38 PM   #368
carguy55

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
I've been using the DTC60s for years. Love the way they work with G3Rs. Great pad for the price at Tirerack. Replacing rotor rings is an annual event for me since I avg about 16-18 track days per year. I rebuilt my calipers this year (glad I did) with vented pistons and have ran the new setup at COTA 1 time and all is great so far. Have heard great things about Cobalt pads from ZLE drivers but wow $$$$.
Old 10-06-2021, 10:14 AM   #369
kropscamaro16

yea im on 3s but am going to upgrade to 3rs and 19s next year so maybe the dtc60 is just too much for 3s not sure? going to replace my rotors for first time next year since my zzp bbk upgrade kit and might as well do the rears also they are cheap but still not sure what pads i may try...
Old 10-06-2021, 06:08 PM   #370
carguy55

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
DTC60s and above will easily trip ABS with 200TW tires unless you really have a delicate touch and only use when tires are hot. The Mu is high
carguy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 05:16 AM   #371
5.M0NSTER

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy55 View Post
DTC60s and above will easily trip ABS with 200TW tires unless you really have a delicate touch and only use when tires are hot. The Mu is high
True, it takes being familiar with weight transfer management and high sensitivity of your braking foot, and warm tires, to extract full potential. I do have to say that I see why some people use DCT70 on the front, for extra friction.

I wish I could find PFC08 pad for our cars. Hard to find this compound for the large 6 piston brakes.
5.M0NSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 10:14 AM   #372
kropscamaro16

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy55 View Post

yup thats pretty much how i explain it any other pads you would recommend to look at? or just deal with it until i get my 3rs?
Old 11-11-2021, 07:03 PM   #373
jeremy71

Drives: 2017 Chevy SS 1LE
I run Stock out back and did 60's, then 70's up front... Like the 70's initial, but they get hot quick. Looking at Counterspace garage race pads... anyone use these? Driving coach recommended to me, but never heard of before.

Last edited by jeremy71; 11-11-2021 at 07:03 PM. Reason: mistype
jeremy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 10:32 AM   #374
kropscamaro16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy71 View Post
I run Stock out back and did 60's, then 70's up front... Like the 70's initial, but they get hot quick. Looking at Counterspace garage race pads... anyone use these? Driving coach recommended to me, but never heard of before.

yup i talked to them about a set of my ss with 1le brakes but the pricing was pretty high but alot of the time attack guys in socal use them on their cars corvettes supra etc...
Old 11-12-2021, 01:39 PM   #375
jeremy71

Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
yup i talked to them about a set of my ss with 1le brakes but the pricing was pretty high but alot of the time attack guys in socal use them on their cars corvettes supra etc...
Thanks!
Old 11-12-2021, 03:00 PM   #376
HD_ZLE

Drives: 2020 ZLE
Quote:
Was your coach Turner? lol Counterspace seem fantastic, have not ran them but know people who have that are very happy. Just a little pricey.

Would love to hear back if you wind up doing it.

cheers,
Old 11-12-2021, 03:54 PM   #377
jeremy71

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD_ZLE View Post
Was your coach Turner? lol Counterspace seem fantastic, have not ran them but know people who have that are very happy. Just a little pricey.

Would love to hear back if you wind up doing it.

cheers,
Yup, lol... he turned me on to them... As soon as I kill the 70's up front, I will give them a try!
Old 11-12-2021, 05:17 PM   #378
kropscamaro16

Quote:
Yup, lol... he turned me on to them... As soon as I kill the 70's up front, I will give them a try!

maybe we can get a group buy setup??? lol