Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

AWE Tuning

Old 07-30-2021, 09:48 AM   #7743
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
It is ashame, but part of me kind of wants GM to cancel the Camaro instead of ruining it with their EV phase. I still feel that GM dropped the ball on Camaro's handling, but perhaps their venture into EVs will prove to be a learning experience for them. IMO I feel that we are in a sad state of affairs in terms of car enthusiasm, but sometimes one has to go through changes in order to learn. It appears that GM will end up going thru some bad times because of their poor choices.
u

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 10:08 AM   #7744
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
It is ashame, but part of me kind of wants GM to cancel the Camaro instead of ruining it with their EV phase. I still feel that GM dropped the ball on Camaro's handling, but perhaps their venture into EVs will prove to be a learning experience for them. IMO I feel that we are in a sad state of affairs in terms of car enthusiasm, but sometimes one has to go through changes in order to learn. It appears that GM will end up going thru some bad times because of their poor choices.
u
Seems to me we are at a high point in terms of car enthusiasm. We have available to us a number of choices of Domestic 3 cars offering from 310 hp up to 800 hp. Buy it and drive it off the lot. When has that ever been true? The fact that sales of these cars is slowing rapidly has less to do with what the manufacturers are offering than it has to do with the number of and saturation of people really asking for them. If you build it they well come…maybe…for a little while. The fact that these days appear to be coming to an abrupt end seems to concern many. Especially those completely hating on what may be coming next, even though most really don’t have a clue what’s coming next.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 10:20 AM   #7745
Silver14

Drives: 2014 SIM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Seems to me we are at a high point in terms of car enthusiasm. We have available to us a number of choices of Domestic 3 cars offering from 310 hp up to 800 hp. Buy it and drive it off the lot. When has that ever been true? The fact that sales of these cars is slowing rapidly has less to do with what the manufacturers are offering than it has to do with the number of and saturation of people really asking for them. If you build it they well come…maybe…for a little while. The fact that these days appear to be coming to an abrupt end seems to concern many. Especially those completely hating on what may be coming next, even though most really don’t have a clue what’s coming next.

Thanks for the info, your posts are an interesting inside perspective! What % of the market do enthusiasts make up? What % of revenue for GM is from enthusiasts?

I'd love to know how the #s stack up if you have them
Silver14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 11:51 AM   #7746
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
It is ashame, but part of me kind of wants GM to cancel the Camaro instead of ruining it with their EV phase. I still feel that GM dropped the ball on Camaro's handling, but perhaps their venture into EVs will prove to be a learning experience for them. ...
u
I'm going to assume you mean the way Chevrolet handled the Camaro, and not the Camaro's handling?? lol
Old 07-30-2021, 01:34 PM   #7747
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Many of us aren't "completely hating" on EVs, we are just skeptical of the actual benefit both to the consumer and the environment when you factor in the full picture. It's not black and white as GM would have you believe.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 03:09 PM   #7748
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
Saw the new caddy Escalade that thing is sweet.. Looks like they made the 2d row more leg roomier. I just dont have a hundo to drop ��
Old 08-04-2021, 03:22 PM   #7749
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
2022 Silverado reveal September 9th.

https://www.gm-trucks.com/2022-chevr...lverado-debut/
Old 08-04-2021, 03:58 PM   #7750
FenwickHockey65

Chevrolet EV van on the way (Express sized)

Medium duty EV commercial truck planned.
Old 08-06-2021, 08:58 AM   #7751
lbls1

Quote:
I don't want to damper or ruin your enthusiasm. If you are excited about the future prospects with Chevrolet and GM then that is good. However, when I share my opinion I cannot help but to be totally honest. My opinion as of right now is that GM and Chevrolet's line-up leaves much to be desired. Currently I cannot think of any car save the current Camaro and Corvette that offers any level of excitement or enthusiasm. I do not see the level of excitement into the design of GM's current cars even compared with the cars from a scant 11 years ago. I won't bother to compare the current Chevrolets to decades past, because IMO it would show a much drastic decline from deftness in design, enthusiastic handling of colors, etc. The company has improved with reliability, technology and build quality (in all honesty). Its just that the designs do not go far enough to entice a car enthusiast, such as myself, to drop everything and head to a Chevy dealership. In fact, with my last Chevy purchase I decided to buy an older version of a model instead of the current version, for some of the reasons I've described.

As far as the EVs are concerned, I will hold on my judgment until I can see how they are received by the buying public. I have great concern, as with the other offerings, with GM's proposal for EVs as well.

Old 08-06-2021, 09:23 AM   #7752
KMPrenger

Quote:
I don't want to damper or ruin your enthusiasm. If you are excited about the future prospects with Chevrolet and GM then that is good. However, when I share my opinion I cannot help but to be totally honest. My opinion as of right now is that GM and Chevrolet's line-up leaves much to be desired. Currently I cannot think of any car save the current Camaro and Corvette that offers any level of excitement or enthusiasm. I do not see the level of excitement into the design of GM's current cars even compared with the cars from a scant 11 years ago. I won't bother to compare the current Chevrolets to decades past, because IMO it would show a much drastic decline from deftness in design, enthusiastic handling of colors, etc. The company has improved with reliability, technology and build quality (in all honesty). Its just that the designs do not go far enough to entice a car enthusiast, such as myself, to drop everything and head to a Chevy dealership. In fact, with my last Chevy purchase I decided to buy an older version of a model instead of the current version, for some of the reasons I've described.

I won't flat out disagree with you on that.

But remember...beauty is in the eye of the beholder. My wife breaks her neck to look at the Blazer just about anytime one passes us by...especially the sporty trims such as the RS and the Redline. She wants one bad lol...but it's not quite the right time for that. I can't say I blame her. I think the upcoming refresh on the Equinox is decent, and the Traverse is a nice looking ride, and even the little TrailBlazer is fairly sporty.

I wouldn't say they are the best looking of their classes, but I wouldn't call them remotely ugly either...but that's my opinion.
Old 08-06-2021, 02:47 PM   #7753
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
As GM and the fedgov go all in on EV Toyota is again this week yelling at the top of their lungs that we are roughly 15 years away from any kind of sustainable EV market.

And i'm reading over on Zerohedge that initial EV maintenance for the first year or so is running 1.6 to 2.3 times as much as an internal combustion engine depending on model. Anyone sign up for that because i thought they would be maintenance free for that time frame?
2018 SS wheels, red Heritage grille, actual driving lights, ZL1 strut tower brace, GM Performance billet aluminum fuel door, front grille Bowtie delete, painted red rotors and calipers, 1/4 window American Flags, splash guards, AEM dry panel air filter.
xstuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 04:07 PM   #7754
lbls1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I won't flat out disagree with you on that.

But remember...beauty is in the eye of the beholder. My wife breaks her neck to look at the Blazer just about anytime one passes us by...especially the sporty trims such as the RS and the Redline. She wants one bad lol...but it's not quite the right time for that. I can't say I blame her. I think the upcoming refresh on the Equinox is decent, and the Traverse is a nice looking ride, and even the little TrailBlazer is fairly sporty.

I wouldn't say they are the best looking of their classes, but I wouldn't call them remotely ugly either...but that's my opinion.
It is because of what you said that I now want to hold my tongue a bit. I don't want to discourage or ruin anyone's fun. What may not be "fun" to me might actually be an amusement park to some. I definitely encourage others to buy Chevy and GM. They are still good cars. It is just that I am an admitted stickler and I like particular cars a lot. I want others to enjoy GM and Chevy cars. I don't want them to go away or to fold up; Its this fact that sometimes I tend to be harsh with them. But, yes the Blazer is a bright spot as a CUV.

Old 08-11-2021, 08:02 AM   #7755
FenwickHockey65

https://media.chevrolet.com/media/us...silverado.html

Silverado EV 4 wheel steering.
Old 08-11-2021, 11:36 AM   #7756
KMPrenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
and available 24" wheels. Is that really necessary? I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Trucks / SUVs have gotten so big that 22" wheels look like how 20" wheels looked on full size trucks not so long ago, but 24" still seems just a tad on that "too much" side of things.

Just my opinion. I do like a wheel that fills the well nicely.

Tags
fenwickhockey65, gm questions, questions