Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - New England

Phastek Performance

Old 07-23-2021, 02:03 PM   #1
Gen6er

Drives: 2017 Chevy Camaro
2017 Camaro 2SS, P50D Cold Start/Rough Idle code.

It appears this error code is common so the dealership just replaced all fuel injectors!

When I picked up the vehicle it didn't want to start (cranked for quite a while before turning over). It finally started but when I drove there was a very strong fuel smell. When I turned it off it started again after a 15 minute sit, but when I parked for more than an hour and tried to restart I had the same (cranked for quite a while before turning over) issue.

What is the issue?...Leaking fuel injector? Bad fuel injector install/replacement? Why is the fuel drained or not primed after waiting for an hour?

Runs completely fine once started and running???
Gen6er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 05:09 PM   #2
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Based on the description of your scenario I sure would be hesitant on continuing to drive if you smell a strong odor of fuel. There’s a lot of pressure going to the injectors on the high pressure side if you have an external leak at a hard line. Your leak could be on the low pressure side.

I’d really consider having it towed back to the dealership and let them fix the leak.

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 05:23 PM   #3
Gen6er

Drives: 2017 Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochoidal View Post
Based on the description of your scenario I sure would be hesitant on continuing to drive if you smell a strong odor of fuel. There’s a lot of pressure going to the injectors on the high pressure side if you have an external leak at a hard line. Your leak could be on the low pressure side.

I’d really consider having it towed back to the dealership and let them fix the leak.
Thanks...I did have it towed. No codes or engine lights came on so was initially hoping for burn off of any excess odors. That didn't happen as the fuel smell got worse rather than better. I hope they can figure it out fast. Also, I am hoping their mechanics are high enough quality to get the job done right once vs. multiple visits. Crossing fingers.
Gen6er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 09:28 PM   #4
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6er View Post
Thanks...I did have it towed. No codes or engine lights came on so was initially hoping for burn off of any excess odors. That didn't happen as the fuel smell got worse rather than better. I hope they can figure it out fast. Also, I am hoping their mechanics are high enough quality to get the job done right once vs. multiple visits. Crossing fingers.
Out of curiosity, what did it end up being?