Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-20-2024, 05:25 AM   #15
TCL

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS/ Nightfall gray
In my own experience, lots of shops are happy to just sell you the parts if you know what you need for your car. But, some shops like to do the work themselves to make sure everything is done right and there are no problems with the parts they didn't put in. I've had good luck with shops that specialize in car performance because they have a lot of parts and can help you figure out what's best for your car.

When I was looking to upgrade my car, I found some affordable turbo options that were just right for me. I chose the SE500415R (177329) Rebuilt Schwitzer S300 Turbocharger, which is made for a John Deere 6081H Engine, but it worked great for my needs. It gave my car a big boost in power and didn't cost too much—I paid about $650 for it. This turbo was a really good find for someone looking to get into turbo cars without spending a lot of money.

Last edited by TCL; 02-23-2024 at 02:35 PM.
TCL is offline   Reply With Quote