Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Old 09-23-2023, 08:33 AM   #15
JMI

Drives: Red Jewel Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Like my photo above with multi-hundred thousands worth of cars on either side of me, it’s fun to smoke their butts with an old SS…

You done well sir… If you ever go again, remove the side mirrors and the weatherstrip rubber on the top of the firewall… If you have any spoiler on the back other than the lip spoiler, remove that and reinstall the lip spoiler… You’ll be amazed at the mph you pick up… The removal of the weatherstrip will calm and hood bounce/vibration, and it’ll decrease front end lift from air getting stuck under the hood and struggling to find a place to exit… It also helps reduce under hood temps…
Thank You.
Actually I knew the weatherstrip idea already. I honestly forgot to take it out last time.But I usually take it out to let the hot air out during the summer months. I've seen as much as 10F difference in town.
I still have the stock SS rear spoiler.
I had ran 197.8 MPH a couple of years ago and I had removed the weatherstrip,but I had left the wipers there. The wipers were vibrating like crazy because of the air that was coming out between the hood and the cowl.lol....
As for the side mirrors removal ,the exotics owners would probably say that that's cheating.lol...
Old 09-25-2023, 01:27 AM   #16
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMI View Post
Thank You.
Actually I knew the weatherstrip idea already. I honestly forgot to take it out last time.But I usually take it out to let the hot air out during the summer months. I've seen as much as 10F difference in town.
I still have the stock SS rear spoiler.
I had ran 197.8 MPH a couple of years ago and I had removed the weatherstrip,but I had left the wipers there. The wipers were vibrating like crazy because of the air that was coming out between the hood and the cowl.lol....
As for the side mirrors removal ,the exotics owners would probably say that that's cheating.lol...
“ the exotics owners would probably say that that's cheating.lol..”

Losers always gripe about something… I place them in the auto-ignore category, along with the below mentioned folks… I’m sure you can figure it out… lmao… Friend had those made… We placed them strategically on another friends trailer… He laughed…

Additionally, as I’ve told a few of them stiff lipped pr(&%s, mine is built, not bought…
Attached Images

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2023, 05:26 PM   #17
JMI

Drives: Red Jewel Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
“ the exotics owners would probably say that that's cheating.lol..”

Losers always gripe about something… I place them in the auto-ignore category, along with the below mentioned folks… I’m sure you can figure it out… lmao… Friend had those made… We placed them strategically on another friends trailer… He laughed…

Additionally, as I’ve told a few of them stiff lipped pr(&%s, mine is built, not bought…

lol.... that's a good one.
I also race a CTS-V Coupe.It's my buddies car,but for some reason,he doesn't want to be in it when we race. Think I drive it more than he does.
We also ran it a bit on the 1 mile and I broke it too.lol... It will be a 1/4 mile car only from now on too.
It made 878 RWHP,stock cubes,stock block.6L90 Auto. Head gaskets finally failed.I'm taking the motor out of the car now.I haven't touched mine yet.