Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Old 04-28-2023, 08:26 PM   #1
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
Blackhawk Farms Raceway Northern Illinois.

Spent a day out at this fine track with my Dad this past Wednesday. What a nice track and quite a contrast compared to what I'm used to here in AZ. Kinda reminds me of a drive through a State Park because it is so scenic. Plenty of great cars and VERY nice group of folks to chat with. If I still lived back there this would be on my list but I'd have to adjust my rowdy driving style accordingly, there's a lot of stuff to hit!
Attached Images

Old 04-29-2023, 01:02 PM   #2
chef-beavis

Drives: IOM 2013 2SS/RS, Greenie, 06 FXSTBi
This track is a couple miles from my house, as the crow flies. You can hear the cars from inside on some days. I've never been there...
chef-beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 09:02 AM   #3
hawkyV8

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 6m
I never knew about this track. I live in eastern Iowa so it's not too far from me. How long was the session? Did you get a fair amount of driving instruction? $300 seems like a pretty fair price if it's an all-day deal. I'd be interested to hear any other thoughts you'd like to share. Thanks
hawkyV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 09:37 AM   #4
Oxtar41

Drives: 700 rwhp 2010 SS
I've raced sport bikes there a few times. A couple hours north east is Road America. I've raced there as well and Road America is hands down the best place on earth IMO. Front straight is over a mile long.
Old 05-01-2023, 12:37 PM   #5
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkyV8 View Post
I never knew about this track. I live in eastern Iowa so it's not too far from me. How long was the session? Did you get a fair amount of driving instruction? $300 seems like a pretty fair price if it's an all-day deal. I'd be interested to hear any other thoughts you'd like to share. Thanks
I was up in Rockford visiting my Dad so we drove out to Blackhawk so I could show him what I'm up to here in AZ. We were there for about 2 hrs and I think the sessions are 20 min and probably 4 per day. Didn't take his 3rd Gen on the track but I talked to a very knowledgeable and personable instructor who has been at that track for 30 yrs. I highly recommend you take a day trip over there and check it out. Pics are of my Dads '85 Z28 and the instructors C5 Z06.
Attached Images