Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-14-2016, 01:13 PM   #1
Stainless Works

Drives: Fast
Stainless Works headers and exhaust R&D Video

2016 Camaro SS - Working on a full bolt on setup. Check out the progress.

Bonus - First marketing photos of the headers.

Stainless Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 01:13 PM   #2
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Had these on my 2010.

Fit like a glove top notch quality.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 01:27 AM   #3
jimmypop13

Drives: 2016 camaro ss
I hope they offer something cool for people with NPP
jimmypop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 07:05 AM   #4
Stainless Works

Jimmypop13 - Yeah we have that coming in next. R&D will start next week. I'm guessing you'd love to keep your controls to go from quiet to loud but also get more aggressive sound and performance? We have a couple ideas. I'll keep you posted on the progress.
Old 01-15-2016, 07:37 AM   #5
Vad3r

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stainless Works View Post
Jimmypop13 - Yeah we have that coming in next. R&D will start next week. I'm guessing you'd love to keep your controls to go from quiet to loud but also get more aggressive sound and performance? We have a couple ideas. I'll keep you posted on the progress.
Exactly
Vad3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 10:11 AM   #6
drivingagain

Drives: 2015 Tiger XCX,2016 Camaro 1SS,LBZ!
These are gorgeous works of art! I am waiting for NPP exhaust. Maybe see what headers, x pipe back to mufflers would sound like. I guess would have to design two different exhausts because of AFM and automatic cars vs manual and no second butterfly valves. Although very curious how much hp you make gets affected by the exhaust clamp by the muffler.
drivingagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 10:15 AM   #7
davet435
davet

Drives: 2016 2SS Mosaic Black
Send a message via Yahoo to davet435
I haven't had headers on a car since my '70 Chevelle. Excuse my ignorance on this matter, but will these work and still pass emissions tests? We have state inspections in Texas.

Also does it affect the warranty since it's in front of the cat, or does it fall into them having to prove they caused the problem if a problem arises?
2/8/16 3000 TPW 2/29
2/18/16 3400
3/3/16 3800
3/4/16 4B00
3/5/16 4300
3/7/16 4200!!!
davet435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 10:53 PM   #8
Stainless Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by davet435 View Post
I haven't had headers on a car since my '70 Chevelle. Excuse my ignorance on this matter, but will these work and still pass emissions tests? We have state inspections in Texas.

Also does it affect the warranty since it's in front of the cat, or does it fall into them having to prove they caused the problem if a problem arises?
Usually emissions tests check the computer for codes and then a visual inspection for cats. It varies everywhere though. In our experience you will get a check engine light, but it can be resolved with a good tune. We recommend a tune with headers because you won't maximize the performance without one.

Warranty is all on the dealer. Some dealerships will say it voids the warranty, others say it's fine. Your best bet is to buy from a dealership that does aftermarket performance parts in house. Tom Henry Chevrolet out of Pittsburgh is a good example. They sell our headers and will honor the warranty.
Old 01-16-2016, 07:24 AM   #9
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
Your not far

Quote:
Originally Posted by davet435 View Post

When the time comes we are just down the street in Lewisville. We are one of the largest Stainless Works dealers in Tx for the Camaro.

Be glad to do the job right for you.
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 08:43 AM   #10
Stainless Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADM PERFORMANCE View Post
When the time comes we are just down the street in Lewisville. We are one of the largest Stainless Works dealers in Tx for the Camaro.

Be glad to do the job right for you.
Yeah ADM is a great partner with us. They'll do a great job for you.
Old 01-16-2016, 10:27 AM   #11
neal_zack

Awesome!
Old 01-17-2016, 03:21 PM   #12
jimmypop13

Have y'all gotten an NPP car to mess with yet? I'm curious if you think headers are enough with this set up. Kooks and ARH seem to think so as both offer headers with connections but no x-pipe. If you want an x-pipe, you have to get the full catback with kooks but I'm not giving up NPP.

I think NPP has an x crossover towards the back right? So maybe that why the other companies haven't offered anything other than headers for us with NPP, bc the system only needs the shorty headers and cats replaced. Maybe it's just not worth the cost of development unless a full system is made? I wonder if having a local muffler shop replace the flattened sections under the axle would make any difference
jimmypop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 03:52 PM   #13
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stainless Works View Post
VERY interested in aftermarket solutions.

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 06:37 AM   #14
Stainless Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmypop13 View Post
Have y'all gotten an NPP car to mess with yet? I'm curious if you think headers are enough with this set up. Kooks and ARH seem to think so as both offer headers with connections but no x-pipe. If you want an x-pipe, you have to get the full catback with kooks but I'm not giving up NPP.

I think NPP has an x crossover towards the back right? So maybe that why the other companies haven't offered anything other than headers for us with NPP, bc the system only needs the shorty headers and cats replaced. Maybe it's just not worth the cost of development unless a full system is made? I wonder if having a local muffler shop replace the flattened sections under the axle would make any difference
NPP car is next. We are picking it up this week. As you can see in our video, we are developing a 3" valve that will hook up to the electronic motor. This will allow you to keep your valve controls in the car and also give you the Stainless Works quality, performance, and sound. Best of both worlds

We are going to look at all options when it comes to replacing the factory mids and crushed tubing and leaving the factory mufflers. On the non Npp car, when doing headers, we did just this connecting just in front of the factory mufflers, thus replacing the factory x-pipe and crushed tubing also.

Last edited by Stainless Works; 01-18-2016 at 06:50 AM.

Tags
bolt on, exhaust, headers, long tube headers