Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 10-11-2015, 08:09 AM   #1
Trans damm

Drives: Trans am
Seats.

Is it obvious the Z model will offer Recaro seats out of the box? Both of Cadillacs V's offer them. I'm hoping for a full "suede" seats like some of out competitors
Trans damm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 09:28 AM   #2
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
If the CTS or ATS V cars offer them..I'm sure they will be an option. Many people find Recaro's uncomfortable, myself included. Making them standard would be a terrible idea.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 11:47 AM   #3
Jeffro19

Drives: 2018 ZL1 6M, Silverado High Country
Yeah I hope it is an option. Would like to see which one is more comfortable.

Current Vehicles - 2018 ZL1 Red Hot 6 spd manual, Carbon Hood, Sunroof
2019 Silverado High Country, Daily Driver
Jeffro19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 03:02 PM   #4
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Remember that Chevy did not offer Recaros until the 2014 model four years after the 2010 was released and two years after the ZL1 was released. Cadillac CTS-V had them from the beginning. The 2015 Mustang had them available from the beginning but Chevy has not shown in the past that they wanted to follow suit.
Old 10-11-2015, 08:28 PM   #5
fradaj

Drives: RS
I think it is a good bet that they will be an option, if not standard.
fradaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 09:55 AM   #6
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Drives: Looking for a ZL1
I definitely hope they are optional, but not standard.

I'm not a fan of them for a street car or one that sees light track duty. They have their place on the track for sure.
2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE Black #3805 - SOLD
Raven87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 03:11 PM   #7
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
Remember that Chevy did not offer Recaros until the 2014 model four years after the 2010 was released and two years after the ZL1 was released. Cadillac CTS-V had them from the beginning. The 2015 Mustang had them available from the beginning but Chevy has not shown in the past that they wanted to follow suit.
I think now with the competition, Chevy can't wait a few years. Look where they are starting with the SS on the 6th Gen as compared to the '10 model year with the FE3 suspension. IMO, they can't go backwards, all the new models will perform better.

I find the Recaros to be the best seats that I have ever had in a car. I ordered my car as a DD and would have to have them again. My wife even expressed how comfortable the seats are on trips. I wasn't expecting that. I had some back pain not to long ago, and when I turned on the heated seats, I ended up on I-12 to cruise around more, because it felt so good.

The Recaros aren't for everyone and should be an option. I do get a lot of compliments on the seats.
Old 10-15-2015, 04:44 PM   #8
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
I think now with the competition, Chevy can't wait a few years. Look where they are starting with the SS on the 6th Gen as compared to the '10 model year with the FE3 suspension. IMO, they can't go backwards, all the new models will perform better.

I find the Recaros to be the best seats that I have ever had in a car. I ordered my car as a DD and would have to have them again. My wife even expressed how comfortable the seats are on trips. I wasn't expecting that. I had some back pain not to long ago, and when I turned on the heated seats, I ended up on I-12 to cruise around more, because it felt so good.

The Recaros aren't for everyone and should be an option. I do get a lot of compliments on the seats.
We don't know why it took a few years, technical reasons, licensing agreements etc. I'm confident they will become an option for SS and above - or some other performance seat option.