Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-19-2010, 04:11 AM   #71
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange99z28 View Post
i really do like the car.. but... this is a camaro not a cadillac... i won't pay more than 10k for a performance muscle car! sure, sell those v6's to the wannabe's for 35k, but i ain't tricked, my 99 z28 will smoke the new ss at a quarter of the price( i say that because i have a few upgrades, otherwise it would be less)
Quote:
when did gm get all wanna be high end??? they used to know their place. muscle. i'm not gonna try to out corner a ferrarri. but i damn well better take him off the line! to hell with you luxury wantin losers ruining the camaro and t/a's names

:troll:

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 08:02 AM   #72
ItIsWhatItIs

Drives: #5 Tom Henry Racing 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroTransAmFAM View Post
outta all the Turner Camaro's made by numerous companies the SLP 575 Camaro beats em all in lookz,performance,price etc
Everyone has an opinion and I respect that. My opinion is that the Tom Henry Camaro beats the SLP in looks, performance and price!
ItIsWhatItIs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 02:33 PM   #73
SSMOKINHOT
obseSSed

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurdib View Post
Something is bothering me about the 1/4 mile time, the CTSV got a 12.2 with 556, they are saying this car with over 600 is doing a 12.3

My thoughts exactly!!
SSMOKINHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 06:51 PM   #74
whamslam3
Camaro King [^*^*^]

Drives: Apollo 11 Camaro IOM
love the rims and the stripes with they would make a stripe package of that design
Old 06-19-2010, 07:07 PM   #75
29er

Drives: 14 1LE Garage King
this is the nicest combo for me.this would be my ride.. //unfortunatly... for the others i do like the shifter.
Attached Images

Last edited by 29er; 06-19-2010 at 08:30 PM.
29er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 08:31 PM   #76
Gunmetal

Drives: Cyber Grey 1SS/RS w/Body Kit
Quote:
when did gm get all wanna be high end??? they used to know their place. muscle. i'm not gonna try to out corner a ferrarri. but i damn well better take him off the line! to hell with you luxury wantin losers ruining the camaro and t/a's names
breaks out the feed bag.....bwaahaa "wanna be high end"? Just watch the research on some of the LeMans Vette's. That might answer that...
Gunmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 01:16 PM   #77
The Flash

Drives: Firebird 95, Equinox 05, Camaro 2SS
Hate to admit it but he's sooo right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizz View Post
Wow I wonder how much they paid for that advertising plug.

Seriously, I'm tired of all these ridiculously priced so called tuner packages that shave off barely 1 second off stock times etc.

NO Camaro, not even the Z28 should EVER exceed $45k period.

This package is essentially:
stripes
shifter
bolt on part for engine.

Not worth 64k imo.

So yeah I'm done with the "special" packages.

Mcd's Happy Meals have and hold more value.

Right on the money!! (pun intended)

Let's see:

1) The STREET LEGAL PERFORMANCE (SLP for short) package does bring the output horsepower up to 575HP, at an added cost of USD$23,000.00-- over the cost of an SS model YET only gains 0.3 secs on the 0-60 dash and 0.4 secs on the quarter mile.

2) CALLAWAY can get you as high as 572hp. They offer several modifications options yet the minimal required to improve your times are the engine supercharger package valued at USD$16,000.00-- (which includes a sensible accessory package besides the supercharger itself) and the suspension kit which they sell for about UD$3,000.00--.

So a USD$19,000.00 expense increase over the stock gets you 0.5 secs quicker to 60mph and 0.7 sec faster in the quarter mile with CALLAWAY.

Hardly an astonishing bargain for THAT increased acceleration and horsepower.

I only referred to these two companies because of their well earned reputation for quality and craftmanship, which I have sampled myself in the past, out of many more equally reputable outfits out there which are yet offering only similar results in their own performance packages.

The explanation for these humble increases lies in part in the fact that in stock form the CAMARO is already a car that delivers top performance per dollar ratio. Period.

The LS3 and the TREMEC TR6060 is one heck of an engine transmission package.

In the dollar vs. gains equation you'll probably extract more benefit, vis-a-vis the money spent, from adding basic bolt-ons such as headers, high flow cat-converters and exhaust system, and a revised ECU mapping, and from suspesion components than to spend hard cash in a complex after market modification package, unless that half a second at the quarter mile mark or in the 0-60 really is truly meaningful to you (as in sanctioned drag racing).

swizz got it right: you'll ge better value in a Happy Meal from Ronald's house!!

Old 06-21-2010, 01:30 PM   #78
BoostedX2

Drives: VR ZL1 #259/Nissan 370Z NISMO
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flash View Post
Right on the money!! (pun intended)

Let's see:

1) The STREET LEGAL PERFORMANCE (SLP for short) package does bring the output horsepower up to 575HP, at an added cost of USD$23,000.00-- over the cost of an SS model YET only gains 0.3 secs on the 0-60 dash and 0.4 secs on the quarter mile.

2) CALLAWAY can get you as high as 572hp. They offer several modifications options yet the minimal required to improve your times are the engine supercharger package valued at USD$16,000.00-- (which includes a sensible accessory package besides the supercharger itself) and the suspension kit which they sell for about UD$3,000.00--.

So a USD$19,000.00 expense increase over the stock gets you 0.5 secs quicker to 60mph and 0.7 sec faster in the quarter mile with CALLAWAY.

Hardly an astonishing bargain for THAT increased acceleration and horsepower.

I only referred to these two companies because of their well earned reputation for quality and craftmanship, which I have sampled myself in the past, out of many more equally reputable outfits out there which are yet offering only similar results in their own performance packages.

The explanation for these humble increases lies in part in the fact that in stock form the CAMARO is already a car that delivers top performance per dollar ratio. Period.

The LS3 and the TREMEC TR6060 is one heck of an engine transmission package.

In the dollar vs. gains equation you'll probably extract more benefit, vis-a-vis the money spent, from adding basic bolt-ons such as headers, high flow cat-converters and exhaust system, and a revised ECU mapping, and from suspesion components than to spend hard cash in a complex after market modification package, unless that half a second at the quarter mile mark or in the 0-60 really is truly meaningful to you (as in sanctioned drag racing).

swizz got it right: you'll ge better value in a Happy Meal from Ronald's house!!

Don't forget GEARS as the #1 mod!!!
BoostedX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 03:27 PM   #79
JEFF2010SSMANUAL
JEFF2010SSMANUAL

Drives: IOM 2SS/RS LS3
It does look pretty nice. I would think the 1/4 would be a few tenths quicker.

Overall its sure nice.

And Drifts fantastic

I forgot to say 'THANKS BRO FOR THE VIDEO"
JEFF2010SSMANUAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 03:27 PM   #80
MIT'13

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 1LT / RS
Damn did you see that thing get sideways?
Exquisite!
MIT'13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:00 PM   #81
The Flash

Drives: Firebird 95, Equinox 05, Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
Don't forget GEARS as the #1 mod!!!
All right, Mr T got me in this one:
he's absolutely correct in the fact that a judicious swap of the gear ratio at the differential makes a tremendous impact in the acceleration rate of the car yet it has minimal cost when compared to other mods.

And if properly researched, this can be attained with minimal reduction on the top end speed of the vehicle.

I can only say in my defense that I was not proposing a comprehensive list... yet I have to conceed the point that GEARS should have been at the top of any discussion on cost effective modifications!!

Mr T's remark hits the bullseye!

The Flash
Old 07-09-2010, 05:13 PM   #82
Ghost-Rider

Drives: SW 2SS/RS
Has anybody seen this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge...item27b314f4f7

It looks like the first (#001) Hurst Challenger is close to $100K on e-bay... Getting a Hurst Camaro might actually not be such a bad idea.
Ghost-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 05:22 PM   #83
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I feel better now that we have MT's approval...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 04:47 PM   #84
STPofKC

Drives: Black 2011
If you already have a car (or are buying a new one from your local Chevy dealer), you can purchase and install a Hurst Performance Vehicles Series 1 Kit. If you are in or close to Kansas City, SuperTune Performance is the authorized dealer. And sells and installation of the Camaro Hurst Series 1 Kit, Hurst Wheels, Hurst Shifters and other Hurst Performance products are available. The shop is in Stilwell, Kansas (south Kansas City) and a Camaro kit is in stock and ready for installation.
STPofKC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro, custom, hurst, performance