Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-19-2018, 06:15 PM   #57
Ricco

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Vert A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadFarr View Post
These cars don’t come with factory headers, they come with manifolds. You can’t tell from a picture what size the pipe is. I’ve already spoken to Corsa and they work with headers and their axle back system. The only thing that he said was “In the A8, it deletes the afm valves on the axle pipes from factory. So if you have afm, you would need a tune deleting it or You’ll have CEL”

Ok pal, you’re right. I’m done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2005 STI
2001 2.5 RS

Previous cars in chronological order
2016 GT350, 2014 MEV Rocket, 2013 Nissan Qashqai + 2, 1.6L Diesel, 2010 Nissan Note 1.5L Diesel, 2012 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins, 2009 Subaru Impreza STI, 2005 Dodge Ram 1500, 2004 Mini Cooper S, 1997 Subaru Impreza Catalunya special Edition, 1992 Daihatsu Charade GTti, 1978 Mk1 Ford Fiesta
Ricco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 06:26 PM   #58
ChadFarr
Instagram: @SSAVAGEVERT

Drives: 2016 SS M6 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricco View Post
Ok pal, you’re right. I’m done.

Okay. Thank you.
2.9L Whipple | Compstar Rods, Diamond Pistons & GPI Cam | Mantic Triple Disc | Corsa Performance Exhaust | DSX Aux Pump | LT4 Fuel System | BMR Lowering Springs | ZL1 OEM Conversion | 360 Customs Built | And More!

Click & Follow My Build
ChadFarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 06:37 PM   #59
ChadFarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drsagacity View Post
Actually, this is interesting. I am thinking about changing my axleback too. The Stainlessworks simply has too much drone. I wanted to wait and see after we are done tuning, but Borla or Corsa re two of my top options.

Then the real problem is figuring out how I connect to the new axleback on the vert. The support beams that are added make it very difficult.

The factory mid-pipe actually has pretty good flow but an aftermarket x-Pipe would be better. I highly recommend Corsa as there is no drone.

2.9L Whipple | Compstar Rods, Diamond Pistons & GPI Cam | Mantic Triple Disc | Corsa Performance Exhaust | DSX Aux Pump | LT4 Fuel System | BMR Lowering Springs | ZL1 OEM Conversion | 360 Customs Built | And More!

Click & Follow My Build
Old 09-22-2018, 08:11 PM   #60
Drsagacity

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Nightfall Gray vert
Returning to this thread to bring it to closure.

My current race pipes connect from the Kooks headers to the stock midpipe and it looks like they do go down to 2.75in. I think the connection problem is really from the Kooks headers to the Kooks racepipes. They just don’t fit great.

Ricco, I like the idea of the midpipe that connects to the Kooks headers and t
Replaces the factory midpipe. Did you say they quit making them? Where did you order them? I thought you said Phastek, but the only thing I see there is from flowmaster.

Chadfarr, it looks like the xpipe you posted would connect to my current race pipes and back to the axleback. Can you please get a quote for that part?

2018 Corvette Z06 vert- Black
To be tuned by JRE Racing
TBD performance

Last edited by Drsagacity; 09-22-2018 at 08:47 PM.
Drsagacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 01:47 PM   #61
ChadFarr

Quote:

My current race pipes connect from the Kooks headers to the stock midpipe and it looks like they do go down to 2.75in. I think the connection problem is really from the Kooks headers to the Kooks racepipes. They just don’t fit great.

Replaces the factory midpipe. Did you say they quit making them? Where did you order them? I thought you said Phastek, but the only thing I see there is from flowmaster.

Chadfarr, it looks like the xpipe you posted would connect to my current race pipes and back to the axleback. Can you please get a quote for that part?

Sure, I Can you. Check your inbox.

Click & Follow My Build
Old 09-24-2018, 10:18 AM   #62
Ricco

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Vert A10
Quote:

Yeah, I ordered mine from Phastek. I dont see any Midpipe only options on the Kooks website anymore though, only full exhaust.
2005 STI
2001 2.5 RS

Previous cars in chronological order
2016 GT350, 2014 MEV Rocket, 2013 Nissan Qashqai + 2, 1.6L Diesel, 2010 Nissan Note 1.5L Diesel, 2012 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins, 2009 Subaru Impreza STI, 2005 Dodge Ram 1500, 2004 Mini Cooper S, 1997 Subaru Impreza Catalunya special Edition, 1992 Daihatsu Charade GTti, 1978 Mk1 Ford Fiesta
Ricco is offline   Reply With Quote