#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 08-04-2018, 02:24 PM   #43
mdmoore23

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LE Red Dragon View Post
Looks like this is a good option. But why go this route over MBRP axleback? Which is about $200 less? These are two low cost options I'd consider if wanting/or not caring about giving up the NPP feature.
I personally didn't like the sound of the MBRP at all from the sound clips I've heard. Also, I dont like the way it looks from the rear with that canister thingy hanging off. You have to remember you can see all that once the suitcase muffler is gone. The Kooks system looks sexy from the back.

Kooks on top

MBRP on bottom
Attached Images

mdmoore23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 02:28 PM   #44
mdmoore23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bye Bye Bye View Post
Nice upgrade!
Agreed - It sounds really nice.
As far as the look - that looks very close to stock, I like that it’s not a big departure from the original look of the rear of the ZL1.

I think this has just made the short list...
Thank you for the video and post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17CamaroZL1 View Post
That sounds really good!! Might be the best I've heard on video.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spellbound View Post
Loved the sound!
Thanks for the kind words.
Old 08-04-2018, 02:30 PM   #45
NOGO17Z

Drives: NFG17ZL1
Great sounding exhaust. Thanks for the video! I had a full Kooks system on my Cadillac and it was always being complimented. Worth every penny when compared to other options.

Go to the 4:40 mark of the video.
NOGO17Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 02:43 PM   #46
brick777

Drives: 1999 SS
Not only sounds great , but looks great too !
brick777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 02:47 PM   #47
Jarret

Drives: 2018 A10 ZL1 - Summit White
Hmmm now I have to decide if I wanna go with our without the muffler....

Oh and also how to get this into Cali
Jarret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 03:18 PM   #48
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
Good deal and sounds great! only $10 shipping is nice too... Might have to look into this system as i already have my cats deleted and this would be more what i am looking for in the sound department. Thanks for posting the video.
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 08:26 PM   #49
TXLineman

Drives: 19 ZL1 "ordererd", 06 silverado
sounds awesome and good quality video
TXLineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 05:31 PM   #50
soceur77

Drives: 17 NFG ZL1 17 GTR 22 RS6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmoore23 View Post
My thoughts exactly. When I started seriously looking around for exhausts, I was a little put off by the pricing nowadays. And not necessarily just because most of them are a good chunk of change. But also because most are not a true departure from stock. I really wanted to try the GTHaus axleback, but after waiting for a while, it never showed for sale only preorder.
ive been waiting 5 months and 2 days for my GTHaus exhaust.....Im beyond done waiting. I was told last week 10 days and it would be here, but Ive heard that so many times now, its sickening to think of all the money that was spent and receive THE WORST customer service....Im pretty sure Ill be getting a refund and just going with this solution or maybe the borla x pipe with corsa axle back, for the money both those options are looking really good to me, damn being different at this point!!
soceur77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 05:59 PM   #51
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by soceur77 View Post
ive been waiting 5 months and 2 days for my GTHaus exhaust.....Im beyond done waiting. I was told last week 10 days and it would be here, but Ive heard that so many times now, its sickening to think of all the money that was spent and receive THE WORST customer service....Im pretty sure Ill be getting a refund and just going with this solution or maybe the borla x pipe with corsa axle back, for the money both those options are looking really good to me, damn being different at this point!!
Just wanted to throw it out there that Corsa is now making the X pipes too for the full cat-back setup like the Borla X + Corsa Axle back setup. I would go with the all Corsa setup.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 05:21 AM   #52
mdmoore23

Quote:
Dang! I wonder what the actual delay is? Have they given you any additional info? That one and the Kooks unit were the only ones I hear that had the sound I was looking for.
Old 08-07-2018, 07:56 AM   #53
soceur77

Drives: 17 NFG ZL1 17 GTR 22 RS6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmoore23 View Post
Dang! I wonder what the actual delay is? Have they given you any additional info? That one and the Kooks unit were the only ones I hear that had the sound I was looking for.
Its always a different excuse, port delays, manufacturing delays, I even got "had a note you didn't want the exhaust anymore" Not once have I sent an email remotely close to saying I didn't want the exhaust. The exhaust has gone from its shipping to waiting on your custom tips????Huh?? I loved the exhaust sound, but at this point its a matter of pride...8 days left and I'm canceling.
soceur77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 08:00 AM   #54
mdmoore23

Quote:
Its always a different excuse, port delays, manufacturing delays, I even got "had a note you didn't want the exhaust anymore" Not once have I sent an email remotely close to saying I didn't want the exhaust. The exhaust has gone from its shipping to waiting on your custom tips????Huh?? I loved the exhaust sound, but at this point its a matter of pride...8 days left and I'm canceling.

That sucks man and that is terrible customer service. A member here that has it once said he knows the guys there personally, so I wonder if maybe you could find that thread and see if he knows what the deal is. He actually has the exhaust (probably the only person with one). It's a black ZL1 and used to have gold wheels and a different rear spoiler. His car was featured in a couple of the videos on RPM Motorsports YouTube channel.
Old 09-02-2018, 11:10 AM   #55
jjgi5150

Drives: 2022 ZL1 1LE
Hi all,

Putting this back on point, I have to say the Kooks axle back is, so far, the very best sounding setup I have heard yet for the ZL1, and at a super reasonable cost. And since I too have removed my NPP fuse, and never thought about replacing it, I don't feel a need for a quieting mode.

My car is a street-only, weekend fun driver, and I have no worries about noise problems. This is especially true when there are so many Mustangs running around with outrageously loud systems...and no real power propelling them. There are so many of those running around here it's like Ford had a "Free Mustang" giveaway or something.

The Kooks setup OP mdmoore23 showed us is a very clean, neat looking system and obviously takes away a lot of the stock suitcase weight. All things considered, it is for sure where I'll spend my cash when I change out the stock system.

I'm moving to Arizona in the immediate future, so I will no longer have to worry about the extremely stupid California CARB issues. All my vehicles will soon be registered in the free republic of Arizona, and I will proudly drive my AZ plated vehicles back to this shitty state when I come back to visit friends and family. [rant over!!!]

Thanks mdmoore23 for your original posts and a good real-world video.

JJ
2023 Hyundai SF Calligraphy
jjgi5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 02:33 PM   #56
mdmoore23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjgi5150 View Post
Hi all,

Putting this back on point, I have to say the Kooks axle back is, so far, the very best sounding setup I have heard yet for the ZL1, and at a super reasonable cost. And since I too have removed my NPP fuse, and never thought about replacing it, I don't feel a need for a quieting mode.

My car is a street-only, weekend fun driver, and I have no worries about noise problems. This is especially true when there are so many Mustangs running around with outrageously loud systems...and no real power propelling them. There are so many of those running around here it's like Ford had a "Free Mustang" giveaway or something.

The Kooks setup OP mdmoore23 showed us is a very clean, neat looking system and obviously takes away a lot of the stock suitcase weight. All things considered, it is for sure where I'll spend my cash when I change out the stock system.

I'm moving to Arizona in the immediate future, so I will no longer have to worry about the extremely stupid California CARB issues. All my vehicles will soon be registered in the free republic of Arizona, and I will proudly drive my AZ plated vehicles back to this shitty state when I come back to visit friends and family. [rant over!!!]

Thanks mdmoore23 for your original posts and a good real-world video.

JJ
Thanks. I agree. It is the best I've heard also. It truly changes the exhaust note to a much deeper rumble.