#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-03-2018, 07:55 AM   #15
JB'sZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 and 2019 Ram Laramie
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
Why are people still making the same mistakes that they did on the LSa BLOWER? Or doing things the hard way to make more power I should say..

Pulleys, Porting, TB, Heat exchangers, and meth kit all that money and time to turn the baby blower harder and combat high heat to what make close to 800 when they could of made 800 with a bigger blower and now room to grow?
Hah.

So everyone with an LSA or LT4 that wishes to mod should only replace the blower (firstly at least)...else they're making a mistake?
JB'sZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 08:16 AM   #16
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Hey I made the mistake 1 time that's all it takes.. Its a disservice for a shop not to ask your end goals and have you through money at something that it will never be or take 2x the money and complications to get there. And you know us hp junkies once you start adding power you don't quit.

You know how it goes.. you change the pulleys now its inefficient and so now you need bigger exchangers.. Now you want more power so you port the blower or add meth..

this is a good service and thread but if your not informed of a more practical way to get the number your looking for and you want to go beyond the LT4 blower limits changing head units is the way.

a lot of people just don't know the size difference or that some can make more power than others, or some are more efficient than others.

If you plan on doing this service and staying at the 650 700 rwhp mark by all means.. But that never happens you got 2 types of peeps I want to keep my warranty and I want the baddest car lol

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 08:26 AM   #17
JB'sZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 and 2019 Ram Laramie
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
But that never happens you got 2 types of peeps I want to keep my warranty and I want the baddest car lol
Now that you put it that way...

That's actually a broad stroke though. There are, in fact inbetweeners...that want just 50-100-150 more hp.
JB'sZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 04:47 PM   #18
soceur77

Drives: 17 NFG ZL1 17 GTR 22 RS6
im waiting for the maggi myself!!! Any new news of when its dropping?
soceur77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 06:59 PM   #19
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Edelbrock told me 4 weeks out maggi said end of the year. They gave one to a well known car but the blower shaft broke supposedly and sending another it was supposed to be displayed at cfest.

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber

Last edited by EDFHOBBIES; 06-05-2018 at 08:55 AM.
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote