#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > CANADA

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-03-2016, 06:01 AM   #15
Camaro455ss

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS ... 2024 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro455ss View Post
Great thank you!! So I will switch to 91 shell.... after all Ferrari, Mercedes, BMW stand behind shell!

Thank you!
I just filled up with 91 shell yesterday....... and THERE is way more power at hand!!!!!!
Camaro455ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 08:10 PM   #16
Slem

Drives: 2016 Summit White 2SS (Auto) Loaded
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro455ss View Post
I just filled up with 91 shell yesterday....... and THERE is way more power at hand!!!!!!
I told you the Shell 91 v power makes my car run like a champ, it sounds different , more deeper, more growl, way more responsive , more power.
Slem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 11:52 PM   #17
puzwacky

Drives: 2016 camaro 2ss six speed sun roof
my 2ss will only run on 94 chevron no ethonol . pings on anything els not good. specialy with rev match on. when it burps the throtle it pings. or up hill under heavy load. these engines need min. 94. running a little octain boost on top gets you the true power. 11.5:1 compretion it is a merical it runs on 94 at all. manual says it runs on 91 but it will not and if you keep running it on 91 you are asking for trouble. and shell gas is the worst thing you can run. every car i ever had did not like shell gas. and this car is the same. worst results of all gas avalible in canada. stay as far away as posible from that stuff
puzwacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 12:11 AM   #18
vex

Drives: 16 2ss black
chevron 94 for me as well. cant comment on performance as i have only had the car for a week.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 12:32 AM   #19
puzwacky

just another note. the only reason you need high octane fuel is because the lt1 has an 11.5:1 compression ratio. if the the fuel octane is to low the engine will pre-ignite or to some knock or ping. very bad for the engine. in some cases it can break pistons bend rods and all kinds of nasty stuff. this is why modern cars have knock sensors. when it senses knock it pulls timing. less timing means less power. the original 350lt1 had 11.5:1 compression and required 104 octane to run. so you can see it is a miracle that these engines will run on 94. 91 octane will not do the job. gm says it will but my car will not. if you can not recognize ping when you hear it you can unknowingly be damaging the engine. to be sure you can data log timing and knock sensor and see it pull timing. and when it pulls timing you lose power. also you will notice a little smoother idle with 94. add some octane bust and the engine will smooth right out in all rpm ranges. chevron 94 with no ethanol is the best gas in canada bar non.i will not run any other gas. the gm engineers
worked miracles with the combustion chamber on this engine to get it to run on pump gas with such a high compression ratio. but the fact is they came up a little short and it will not run on 91 properly. this of corse my opinion and based on my car alone. but i think if you experiment a little you will be much the wiser for doing so.
the old muscle cars of the past have some very high compression ratios and will not run on pump gas unless they pull timing out and then they run rough and do not make the power they are suppose to the fuel was 104 leaded for premium back then. oh the good old days.
well i ges it was more than a note. sorry for the rant
Old 09-05-2016, 12:46 AM   #20
Slem

Quote:
Originally Posted by puzwacky View Post
my 2ss will only run on 94 chevron no ethonol . pings on anything els not good. specialy with rev match on. when it burps the throtle it pings. or up hill under heavy load. these engines need min. 94. running a little octain boost on top gets you the true power. 11.5:1 compretion it is a merical it runs on 94 at all. manual says it runs on 91 but it will not and if you keep running it on 91 you are asking for trouble. and shell gas is the worst thing you can run. every car i ever had did not like shell gas. and this car is the same. worst results of all gas avalible in canada. stay as far away as posible from that stuff
Our 94 octane here is petro Canada , that is boosted with ethanol! Shell v power has no ethanol. Shell power is one of the highest rated gasoline out there in the top tier market. It absolutely makes my lt1 perform better in many ways. These two company's are the only two I will run, shell v power being my first choice.
Old 09-05-2016, 01:00 AM   #21
puzwacky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slem View Post
Our 94 octane here is petro Canada , that is boosted with ethanol! Shell v power has no ethanol. Shell power is one of the highest rated gasoline out there in the top tier market. It absolutely makes my lt1 perform better in many ways. These two company's are the only two I will run, shell v power being my first choice.
i am in vancouver. here vpower is only 91 the only 94 you can get is chevron with no ethanol. petro can use to sell 94 with ethanol but it seems to have diapered. i can not comment on the gas you have there. but shell gas here is complete crap. and has been for over 30 years. any hot roder here will not use it. the proof is in how it makes your car run. vpower gas they just came out with here and it is just as bad. may as well be regular. my v8 vega wont even idle on that gas. had to remove it from the tank. but we kinda get hosed on gas here the price and all. so i am not serprised to here you have better gas. i could not even run shell gas in my service van without it pinging. that runs on regular but i can put any other gas but shell and have no isue. and the same gose for the 30 other vans we have.
no shell for me.
Old 09-05-2016, 01:03 AM   #22
puzwacky

Quote:
i am in vancouver. here vpower is only 91 the only 94 you can get is chevron with no ethanol. petro can use to sell 94 with ethanol but it seems to have diapered. i can not comment on the gas you have there. but shell gas here is complete crap. and has been for over 30 years. any hot roder here will not use it. the proof is in how it makes your car run. vpower gas they just came out with here and it is just as bad. may as well be regular. my v8 vega wont even idle on that gas. had to remove it from the tank. but we kinda get hosed on gas here the price and all. so i am not serprised to here you have better gas. i could not even run shell gas in my service van without it pinging. that runs on regular but i can put any other gas but shell and have no isue. and the same gose for the 30 other vans we have.
no shell for me.
do you not have chevron 94 no ethanol?
Old 09-05-2016, 06:51 AM   #23
Slem

Quote:
do you not have chevron 94 no ethanol?
No we don't have that here, just like me driving down to New Jersey last week, I stopped at a Sunoco and filled with 93 , big mistake lol car ran like a crap, now it could be just bad gas or to high of ethanol in it, but I will not put Sunoco in my vehicle again as it is not even rated as a top tier gas station. In fact I will only try to use shell V Power. I used to run shell v power only in my radar run snowmobiles and it was also the best and never burned the motor down. That's running 133 mph in 1000 feet on radar.
Old 09-05-2016, 07:33 AM   #24
Camaro455ss

Quote:
I told you the Shell 91 v power makes my car run like a champ, it sounds different , more deeper, more growl, way more responsive , more power.
ahahah I know!! im like damn!!

The only thing I'm worried about is that in the book/ manual it says not to use any fuel containing more than 15% ethanol or it can cause premature wear and damage the internal engine components ..... and well the 94 gas at petro has up to 10%..... which is close to the 15%.....

I hope the 94 octane hasn't done anything ..... I had been using it since day 1 when I got it a month ago... :'(
Old 09-05-2016, 07:37 AM   #25
Camaro455ss

Quote:
No we don't have that here, just like me driving down to New Jersey last week, I stopped at a Sunoco and filled with 93 , big mistake lol car ran like a crap, now it could be just bad gas or to high of ethanol in it, but I will not put Sunoco in my vehicle again as it is not even rated as a top tier gas station. In fact I will only try to use shell V Power. I used to run shell v power only in my radar run snowmobiles and it was also the best and never burned the motor down. That's running 133 mph in 1000 feet on radar.
A couple of months ago I had to drive down to Chicago in my Jetta.. before i had the Camaro.... and some not all...shell stations had 93 octane!! I used it on my car..........even though it only calls for a 87.. but when going down to the states..... i always go with the best more bang for the buck...... compared to what we pay / liter vs. gallons there!
Old 09-05-2016, 07:57 AM   #26
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
Ethanol is not bad. Ultra94 is not bad.
Water absorbtion, seperation, alcohol content due to old/stale gas is.
Buy your gas at a busy gas station, buy it at a station were the gas has been in the tank for weeks and you are getting shit gas that has started to break down.

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 10:12 AM   #27
Slem

This was day one and it kept doing this until I ran it out and changed over to Shell V Power.
Attached Images

Old 09-05-2016, 10:16 AM   #28
Slem

Another
Attached Images