Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-13-2019, 07:42 PM   #29
Tyestick

Drives: 19’ Camaro SS 1LE
Nice 1LE! I like the red. The black accents really tie in with the red.

Had I not picked ‘Satin Steel Gray Metallic’, the runner up was either red or blue.

Enjoy your ride.
Old 11-13-2019, 08:29 PM   #30
Nightfall ss1le

Drives: 2020 A10 ZL1 1LE
Jroc, what area of SC are you in if you don’t mind me asking? I’m around Greenville & plan on doing some auto X & maybe a road course or 2 somewhere with a buddy in the spring. Let me know if you’d be interested. He’s in a Mustang that he thinks can hang with the 1LE’s so it should be fun. Lol
Nightfall ss1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 09:57 PM   #31
JROC
Account Suspended

Drives: 19 Camaro SS 1LE, 03 Ford Lightning
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyestick View Post

Had I not picked ‘Satin Steel Gray Metallic’, the runner up was either red or blue.

Enjoy your ride.

Thanks! I like your car as well. The 1LE doesn't a better job at pulling off the 19 design than the regular SS does. I think it's the black pieces like the hood/splitter/spoiler/mirrors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfall ss1le View Post
Jroc, what area of SC are you in if you don’t mind me asking? I’m around Greenville & plan on doing some auto X & maybe a road course or 2 somewhere with a buddy in the spring. Let me know if you’d be interested. He’s in a Mustang that he thinks can hang with the 1LE’s so it should be fun. Lol
I'm in Columbia. I might be interested in going to the track or autocross with y'all. My first kid is due in April though so I'll have to see. I uses to be a Mudstain fan myself, and have owned several over the years, but Ford did some things that pissed me off so I switch loyalties to GM about 5 years ago. (pretty much when the S550 was revealed) Ford always budgets more on Mustangs chassis/suspension setup than GM does with Camaro. I'm convinced that between Mustang and Camaro if you want to build the better selling car then just design the lesser performer.

It trips me out how Mustang fanboys claim GEN5 Camaros are POS because of their heavy weight, but in reality a comparable S550 weights pretty close to a GEN5. That 3,700 lb # they push is for a no option, small wheel/tire/brake 15-17 car. A GT PP1 Premium car is well over 3,800 lbs and especially the 18+ cars which weigh about like a 13/14 GT500. Yet they act like the S550 platform is the best thing ever. It's not that it's a bad chassis, it's just heavy, and not as good as Alpha. That's why the lead engineer was saying leading up to the S550's release that they didn't care or evaluated Camaro/Challenger when designing the S550 and that they were shooting to compete with BMW and Porsche. What a load of crap. That was just them saying, "we know that the soon to be released Alpha based Camaro is about to make our redesigned S197 chassis car look outdated from a chassis standpoint so we have to act like we don't care." Let me quit being a hater though. The new Mustang isn't bad, and Coyote is a very potent and impressive motor. Getting them to run 10's or even 9's is not that hard. Turbo Coyotes on Youtube seem to be taking on the roll that MKIV Supra held for so long as being the internet hero cars in a high speed roll race. Plus Mustangs are easy cars to drive, they just do a poor job of let you know their limits before they bite you.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 10:47 PM   #32
Tyestick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC View Post
Thanks! I like your car as well. The 1LE doesn't a better job at pulling off the 19 design than the regular SS does. I think it's the black pieces like the hood/splitter/spoiler/mirrors.
Yeah, it’s the small bits that add to the look of the overall package, which in my opinion, helps it look better than your base SS.

Hood wrap, front splittter, 3-piece rear spoiler, the tinted taillights, the mirrors, the wheels, and the red brembo brake calipers... Even the front headlights.
Old 11-14-2019, 10:22 AM   #33
Nightfall ss1le

Drives: 2020 A10 ZL1 1LE
Quote:

I'm in Columbia. I might be interested in going to the track or autocross with y'all. My first kid is due in April though so I'll have to see. I uses to be a Mudstain fan myself, and have owned several over the years, but Ford did some things that pissed me off so I switch loyalties to GM about 5 years ago. (pretty much when the S550 was revealed) Ford always budgets more on Mustangs chassis/suspension setup than GM does with Camaro. I'm convinced that between Mustang and Camaro if you want to build the better selling car then just design the lesser performer.

It trips me out how Mustang fanboys claim GEN5 Camaros are POS because of their heavy weight, but in reality a comparable S550 weights pretty close to a GEN5. That 3,700 lb # they push is for a no option, small wheel/tire/brake 15-17 car. A GT PP1 Premium car is well over 3,800 lbs and especially the 18+ cars which weigh about like a 13/14 GT500. Yet they act like the S550 platform is the best thing ever. It's not that it's a bad chassis, it's just heavy, and not as good as Alpha. That's why the lead engineer was saying leading up to the S550's release that they didn't care or evaluated Camaro/Challenger when designing the S550 and that they were shooting to compete with BMW and Porsche. What a load of crap. That was just them saying, "we know that the soon to be released Alpha based Camaro is about to make our redesigned S197 chassis car look outdated from a chassis standpoint so we have to act like we don't care." Let me quit being a hater though. The new Mustang isn't bad, and Coyote is a very potent and impressive motor. Getting them to run 10's or even 9's is not that hard. Turbo Coyotes on Youtube seem to be taking on the roll that MKIV Supra held for so long as being the internet hero cars in a high speed roll race. Plus Mustangs are easy cars to drive, they just do a poor job of let you know their limits before they bite you.
Congrats man! We’ll have plenty of opportunities so no rush on it. Yeah fortunately my buddy isn’t too ignorant about cars & knows he’d get destroyed without doing some mods 1st.. hoping he’s done enough to make it interesting at least lol
Nightfall ss1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 11:03 AM   #34
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Quote:
One thing I'm not loving is its heavy steering. It feels more like a "fly-by-wire" type of turning where steering seems almost more dictated by how much pressure you apply on the steering wheel as apposed to how far you turn it. I'm sure I'll adapt. It communicates what it's doing well enough.
Congrats on the upgrade!

As to the steering, if yours has the driving modes, you might be able to edit them to change the steering feel to lighter.
Old 11-14-2019, 01:05 PM   #35
funked1

Drives: '23 Hyundai Kona N, '24 VW GTI
Nice car, noamsayin?
funked1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 09:05 AM   #36
NeverDie
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyestick View Post

Enjoy your ride.
Your car looks really good
NeverDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 06:47 PM   #37
Tyestick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverDie View Post
Your car looks really good
Thanks man.