Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 04-22-2024, 11:57 PM   #15
NYTMARE23
NYTMARE23

Drives: Black 2023 Chevrolet ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by david_acm View Post
I've had Indy 500s since August and I like them. Had em in 245 rears and now in 275. A nice bonus is that I've gotten a non-zero amount of compliments on how the tire thread looks aggressive.

245s rears were _way_ grippier than the stock tires but still really easy to spin at pretty much any opportunity. When I changed over to a larger rim and tire, I guess I got used to throttle control so immediately felt that the 275s took a lot more effort to get them to lose grip, though it's not at all impossible.
Thanks for the pictures and feedback unfortunately it appears that I can't get these in 305's for my rears, so when the time comes, I'll probably just replace with another set of Supercar 3's. Oh well, was hoping to give the Indy's a try...maybe by the time I'm ready they'll have the 305's by then.
Thanks!!!
Old 04-23-2024, 04:08 AM   #16
Deacon Blues

Drives: 2024 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTMARE23 View Post
Serious question...has ANYONE had any experience or have any knowledge on the Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 tires for our cars?? They're a nice looking tire with 340 treadwear but not sure how they "really" are. I only drive in warm temps and no rain or wet conditions. Thought they MAY be worth a try if others have tried and liked them?????

Pretty extensive discussion here: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=515296

Consensus is that they are great if all you're doing is spirited street driving, however it is not a track tire and expectations would be managed accordingly.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 04:31 AM   #17
Texas1ss

Drives: 2016 Black 1SS, M6, NPP, Mag Ride
I've ran these Nitto 555 G2s since 2016 after my original tires went out, which was quick.

https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tir...rProduct/18567

Like the tread pattern, the ride is way better than the stock F1s, and the price is not bad at all. They've been a great set of tires, perform really well in the SE Texas weather, and I've put many on my vehicle in the nearly eight years I've been daily driving it in Houston.

Posting here as well to see if anybody else has any better suggestions with a similar tread pattern and a great ride as a daily. I have Mag Ride, which helps the ride quality be really good, but I'm wondering as well with my next tire change if any other tire rides even better.

Not tracking the car, just a lot of spirited driving. I'm open to suggestions. Did a lot of researching tires before I went with Nittos, but maybe something has hit the market that's even better since I've been using these exclusively since I bought the vehicle.

Last edited by Texas1ss; 04-23-2024 at 05:52 AM.
Texas1ss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 05:41 AM   #18
NYTMARE23
NYTMARE23

Drives: Black 2023 Chevrolet ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Pretty extensive discussion here: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=515296

Consensus is that they are great if all you're doing is spirited street driving, however it is not a track tire and expectations would be managed accordingly.
Appreciate it!!

Old 04-23-2024, 05:45 AM   #19
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSShark View Post
Just bought a set of MRR 1LE Replica rims from Wildhammer. Not sure what tires would be best suited for me.. I know this topic has been brought up many times before but I wanted some opinions based on my personal experience. I live in south Florida and daily drive my car. Summers are brutally hot and can be very rainy so I need a tire that is suitable for the conditions. I also want a tire that performs well but won't wear too quickly?

PS - I have a set of Continental Extreme Contact Sport 02 in my Tire Rack cart.
Those Conti's would be my recommendation.

I don't care about the last 5% of performance that the Mich PS4S would get you, and I've read several times (on Rennlist) that the Conti's are better in the rain.

Since I live in New England, I went with the DWS06+ for a wider temperature range of usefulness. It was 35F this morning, and the SC3 tires have almost no traction.

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 05:55 AM   #20
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curr View Post

I don't care about the last 5% of performance that the Mich PS4S would get you, and I've read several times (on Rennlist) that the Conti's are better in the rain.

Since I live in New England, I went with the DWS06+ for a wider temperature range of usefulness. It was 35F this morning, and the SC3 tires have almost no traction.
I have had the PS4S and now have the Conti Sport 02 on my ZL1. Late last year, I got caught in the worst rain I think I have ever been in. Drove 4 hours in a heavy down pour on the interstate. I kept the speeds around 55 and no issues for the Conti 02's. Both are great tires and wouldn't go wrong either way. The Conti are a newer tire, and that is the only reason I went that way. So far, very pleased with the choice and a few dollars less.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 07:12 AM   #21
SSShark

Drives: '23 1SS Sharkskin A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curr View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
I have had the PS4S and now have the Conti Sport 02 on my ZL1. Late last year, I got caught in the worst rain I think I have ever been in. Drove 4 hours in a heavy down pour on the interstate. I kept the speeds around 55 and no issues for the Conti 02's. Both are great tires and wouldn't go wrong either way. The Conti are a newer tire, and that is the only reason I went that way. So far, very pleased with the choice and a few dollars less.
Thanks to everyone for the solid advice. Looks like I'm going to run with the Conti Sport 02's.
SSShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 10:51 AM   #22
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Just bought a set of MRR 1LE Replica rims from Wildhammer. Not sure what tires would be best suited for me.. I know this topic has been brought up many times before but I wanted some opinions based on my personal experience. I live in south Florida and daily drive my car. Summers are brutally hot and can be very rainy so I need a tire that is suitable for the conditions. I also want a tire that performs well but won't wear too quickly?

PS - I have a set of Continental Extreme Contact Sport 02 in my Tire Rack cart.
I have PS4S on The Mistress. Would do again.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 11:24 AM   #23
Deacon Blues

Drives: 2024 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTMARE23 View Post
Appreciate it!!

No problem! Even though my '24 won't need tires for awhile, I have been following these threads closely. I have Firestone's on my Silverado and they've always been good tires to me, so naturally I was exploring their offerings for the Camaro for when the day arrives.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 11:56 AM   #24
david_acm

Drives: LT1
Quote:
Thanks to everyone for the solid advice. Looks like I'm going to run with the Conti Sport 02's.

Sweet! Do report back with your opinion on those tires when you get them.
david_acm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 11:57 AM   #25
SSShark

So I pulled the trigger on a set of Conti Extreme Sport 02's from a fellow forum member. Looking forward to install day!
Old 04-23-2024, 07:01 PM   #26
RIPws6

Drives: 2019 2SS Riverside Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by jk66 View Post
I was in the exact same position as you a few months ago — even down to the daily highway driving. I live in Houston so identical weather as well.

I did a ton of research on this forum and the internet — this forum had great things to say about the Continental Extreme Contact dws06 plus and that’s what I ended up going with. Could not recommend these anymore, they’ve been great. Excellent traction and stability in the pouring rain and I haven’t noticed a difference between them and the stock summer tires in dry conditions. Not a single negative in my opinion. Can’t go wrong.
I got them less than a year ago. Awesome tires and handling in the rain is better than any tire I’ve ever owned.
The traction when it’s cold outside is a nice welcome. Daily driving in summer tires is not the best idea when it cools down. I was afraid to even think about doing a quick pull in my car when it was cold outside.
Not anymore!
RIPws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 07:37 PM   #27
SSShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_acm View Post
Sweet! Do report back with your opinion on those tires when you get them.
The tires will be here Friday. The wheels will be here next week so I'll be installing them the following Saturday. Will definitely report back.
Old 04-27-2024, 03:51 AM   #28
Fun

Drives: 2020 V6 Auto 3LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckrglenn View Post
Another thumbs-Up for the Continental Extreme Contact dws06 plus tires.
How would these be on a 2020 RS Convertible with V6 engine? Thanks
Fun is offline   Reply With Quote