Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Member Car Journals

Phastek Performance

Old 08-17-2022, 06:53 AM   #141
khcoaching

Drives: 2021 1SS 1LE
They are the Corvette ZO7 front fender flares - 23315197, 23315196

Ken
khcoaching is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 01:27 PM   #142
khcoaching

Not much to update with at the moment....I did clean and prep it for 2 days at the track this week, but not looking for a lap time as I'm doing some charity rides. Gives me a good excuse to wear out the Toyo's as I want to get the next upgrades which includes different tires going!
Attached Images

Old 08-30-2022, 01:59 PM   #143
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
i just finally got my apex wheels and used 3rs mounted up what tires you going with next? and i may need to add those flares to my car next
Old 08-30-2022, 03:29 PM   #144
sr71bb

Drives: 2019 Camaro Z-28
Quote:
Originally Posted by khcoaching View Post
He was able to get:

Front -2.5 Camber
Rear -1.5 Camber
Front and Rear Toe -.002 toe in

He said he could get -3 in the front, but only -1.5 in the rear. 1.5 delta is too much and I had him back off the front a bit.

The tech is super knowledgeable on Vettes and Camaros......coming from 20 years in the industry, I was impressed.

Ken
Ok with SPL Toe Rods you can get up to about -2.5 on rear (thats what I run). SPLPARTS rear toe links with Eccentric Lockout (SPL RTAEL CAM6 cost 429.00)
https://youtu.be/c9M5UHDftcA
4-15-23 at SCCA TT U1 Class

MEGA Thread on THIS car:
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=602092

Retired Cars BELOW:
1973 Camaro, 1969 Camaro, 1969 Camaro SS RS
2010 Camaro SS with 1000HP F1R, 2019 ZL1 1LE A10
sr71bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 03:44 PM   #145
Briland_1LE

Drives: 2020 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
They are the Corvette ZO7 front fender flares - 23315197, 23315196

Ken
Thanks! Do they just happen to fit or did you have to a little fanagling to get it to work? could you send some close up photos of how you fastened it? I have been looking for something like that to help the aerodynamics of the front wheels poking out.
Briland_1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 04:18 PM   #146
khcoaching

Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
i just finally got my apex wheels and used 3rs mounted up what tires you going with next? and i may need to add those flares to my car next
I'm not sure yet.....I'm struggling with the whole used slick situation. For as many people that say it is great, just as many say it isn't. Plus, finding any vendor that can give me any type of information on even where to buy new slicks has been frustrating....

Right now, I'm looking at getting some Hoosiers as I get a sponsor discount with them.....
Old 08-30-2022, 04:19 PM   #147
khcoaching

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr71bb View Post
Ok with SPL Toe Rods you can get up to about -2.5 on rear (thats what I run). SPLPARTS rear toe links with Eccentric Lockout (SPL RTAEL CAM6 cost 429.00)
I'm plenty good now. I can get -3.6 in the front and I'm at -2.5 in the rear now with the DSSV front and all BMR rods in the back.

Ken
Old 08-30-2022, 04:20 PM   #148
khcoaching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briland_1LE View Post
Thanks! Do they just happen to fit or did you have to a little fanagling to get it to work? could you send some close up photos of how you fastened it? I have been looking for something like that to help the aerodynamics of the front wheels poking out.
You have to do a little finagling to get them to work. Some pretty good install threads here on the forum.
Old 09-02-2022, 10:54 AM   #149
khcoaching

No real major breakthroughs from the last outing. I did 2 days at The Ridge, first day no chicane and second day with the chicane. The first day I was working with my son at his first ever trackday in his GTI, so fun! Pretty overwhelming for him and the car is very very stock, but we had a great time and he drove well.

Name:  Sam_Dad Ridge.jpg
Views: 562
Size:  208.9 KB

I used the Toyo RRs the entire time and my times were basically 2 seconds off the 3R, the entire time. I did beat my previous best Toyo time, but not by much. The tires do drive well and last forever, but are slow lap time wise. If want a tire you can abuse and abuse and get a lot of laps in, these are it.

The second day was a special event where we had ran bikes and cars (not at the same time!) and we had a few special guests come to learn to ride track bikes...one was Randy Pobst. Randy and I had been talking about this for over a year and we finally made it happen. He worked with one of my other instructors and had a blast. He ended up going pretty damn quick at the end of the day as well! Really fun.

Name:  IMG-2237.jpg
Views: 548
Size:  296.3 KB

I also had Randy take my car out for a few laps to see what he had to say about it as well as to be able to collect the data. Overall he loved the car and his only comment was a potential rear toe issue with some instability during direction changes. Otherwise he said -

- Great balance
- Incredible brakes
- Crazy easy to go fast in, immediately
- Noticed the LT2 intake
- Gearing sucks for the Ridge
- Feels like a race car

Awesome that he got to drive it!

Next up is an updated alignment, brake service with new pads, fresh fluids and more grip....

Ken
Old 09-02-2022, 11:49 AM   #150
RamAir02
Shadow Gray '19 ZLE M6

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
No real major breakthroughs from the last outing. I did 2 days at The Ridge, first day no chicane and second day with the chicane. The first day I was working with my son at his first ever trackday in his GTI, so fun! Pretty overwhelming for him and the car is very very stock, but we had a great time and he drove well.

Attachment 1107722

I used the Toyo RRs the entire time and my times were basically 2 seconds off the 3R, the entire time. I did beat my previous best Toyo time, but not by much. The tires do drive well and last forever, but are slow lap time wise. If want a tire you can abuse and abuse and get a lot of laps in, these are it.

The second day was a special event where we had ran bikes and cars (not at the same time!) and we had a few special guests come to learn to ride track bikes...one was Randy Pobst. Randy and I had been talking about this for over a year and we finally made it happen. He worked with one of my other instructors and had a blast. He ended up going pretty damn quick at the end of the day as well! Really fun.

Attachment 1107721

I also had Randy take my car out for a few laps to see what he had to say about it as well as to be able to collect the data. Overall he loved the car and his only comment was a potential rear toe issue with some instability during direction changes. Otherwise he said -

- Great balance
- Incredible brakes
- Crazy easy to go fast in, immediately
- Noticed the LT2 intake
- Gearing sucks for the Ridge
- Feels like a race car

Awesome that he got to drive it!

Next up is an updated alignment, brake service with new pads, fresh fluids and more grip....

Ken
Well this is one of the coolest things I've seen in a while! The man. The legend!
PPF | Paint Correction | ZL1 Addons Rock Guards | ZL1 Addons Lift Pads | ZL1 Addons Feather Lite Tow Hook | JWM Smoked Sidemarkers | Wildhammer Smoked Rear Reflectors | JWM License Plate LEDs | RotoFab CAI | ADM IC Reservoir v2 | BC Forged RZ05 | SPL Toe Arms | BW Brake Deflectors | CMS Roll Bar | Schroth Profi II ASM Harnesses
Sold: '99 Trans Am (bolt-ons & cam) | '00 WS6 (bolt-ons, heads, cam, 12 bolt) | '05 CTS-V (bolt-ons, short throw) | '10 SS/RS M6 (short throw, CAI, coilovers, LTs, catback, JRE tune) | '01 WS6

YouTube
RamAir02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 01:36 PM   #151
khcoaching

Another update -

The Corvette Z07 fender flares have been taking a beating with the slightly bigger Toyo's. Time for a new set!
Attached Images

Old 09-02-2022, 10:49 PM   #152
eimarshall

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE Hyperblue
I'd love to see what his laps/data look like!! So cool!!
eimarshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 09:32 AM   #153
khcoaching

Quote:
Originally Posted by eimarshall View Post
I'd love to see what his laps/data look like!! So cool!!
He did 3 hot laps and yes, I have his full data! Nothing really surprising in it. He uses more initial brake pressure and more wheel at times, but nothing crazy.

Ken
Old 09-05-2022, 12:08 AM   #154
eimarshall

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE Hyperblue
Quote:
He did 3 hot laps and yes, I have his full data! Nothing really surprising in it. He uses more initial brake pressure and more wheel at times, but nothing crazy.

Ken
I know you had on the RRs, but what kind of times did he put down! I know it not his car and he’d have to get used to it, but he’s RANDY FREAKIN POBST!!

Also very cool having your son out there! That gti looks like a fun double duty car!
eimarshall is offline   Reply With Quote