Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-20-2021, 02:05 PM   #1
STALKER_174

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS Aussie version
Torque tuning

Hi all

I have recently had a supercharger fitted and tuned with great results. My only issue is that the torque ended up being more than I expected, and more than the tyres can handle (Michelin pilotsport 4s in 295)

The car is going back in to get the headers fitted as they were on back order due to Covid issues. It will have a tweak to the tune at this time so I am wondering;
Is it worth getting some of the torque tuned out of it (how is this achieved) while it is in to save some of the tyre life and actually get it to hook. At the moment the torque curve looks more like a rocket launch with 800nm achieved by 2000rpm, maxing out at 845nm and just under 600hp.

I just don't want to sound stupid by walking in to the tuner and having no idea what I am talking about
STALKER_174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 03:43 PM   #2
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by STALKER_174 View Post
Hi all

I have recently had a supercharger fitted and tuned with great results. My only issue is that the torque ended up being more than I expected, and more than the tyres can handle (Michelin pilotsport 4s in 295)

The car is going back in to get the headers fitted as they were on back order due to Covid issues. It will have a tweak to the tune at this time so I am wondering;
Is it worth getting some of the torque tuned out of it (how is this achieved) while it is in to save some of the tyre life and actually get it to hook. At the moment the torque curve looks more like a rocket launch with 800nm achieved by 2000rpm, maxing out at 845nm and just under 600hp.

I just don't want to sound stupid by walking in to the tuner and having no idea what I am talking about
Could have him dial the timing back a degree or two in the lower RPM range to take the edge off.
Old 08-30-2021, 09:08 AM   #3
pavetim

Drives: firebird
Not sure if you can but if our setups match would you be willing to sell that tune so i can build one for my car, or lemme kmow who tuned ypurs and i can see if they do mail order tunes
pavetim is offline   Reply With Quote